No Growth Aides just Plan Ole Care

KrimsonKween

I was wondering who doesn't use any growth aide just plain ole taking care of their hair. In our effort to aspire for long beautiful locks that we jump from one band to the next :)blush: Guilty), but sometime I hear that I don't do anything special just wash, co-wsh, condish, and just eat right.

I have been trying to get my cholesterol down and have completly changed my diet to fish, chicken and turkey and upped my veggies and fruit and also water. I work out 4 days a week and walk the other 3.

I also use mtg but sometimes I just get tired and in a funk. My husband left today for Afgan to do contract work and I am finding it harder and harder to care about my hair even myself bx I feel so glum. (Sorry had to rant)

But who hear just does the very basic to there hair and have seen a big change. Tell where you begain what you changed and how it has help.

I take severals vitamins for my overall heal, exercise daily, wash 1x per wk d/c 1x per wk, & i eat no sweets. I went from dry sl to healthy nl and I am loving everyday. I am hoping to be full sl by 01/09.

SEMO

I tried growth aides a while back (MSM and a hair, nail and skin vitamin) but it was too much work to remember to take them, plus the MSM started doing weird stuff to my cycle so I quit taking it and other aides.

My routine is very simple. I don't do anything fancy. I would never be able to keep up with a complex regimen. I just give my hair what I think it needs at the time.

Dposh167

well ur better than me cuz i dont use growth aides...i dont have a healthy diet...and i dont take vitamins.....which may contribute to my slow growth....but i had slow growth even before the boards when i was taking vits....so it is what it is.....but im pretty basic. Besides my pjism

naturalpride

No growth aids for me, I tried Surge 14 and it did nothing for my hair. My growth rate is a little over 1/2 inch per month. I'm good with that:)

KrimsonKween

Poochie i think myhair is going to wind up gorwing outi n the style u have because the back is longer than the sides. Sem I love ur hair u both have gret hair.:drunk:

leona2025

I was wondering who doesn't use any growth aide just plain ole taking care of their hair. In our effort to aspire for long beautiful locks that we jump from one band to the next :)blush: Guilty), but sometime I hear that I don't do anything special just wash, co-wsh, condish, and just eat right.
But who hear just does the very basic to there hair and have seen a big change. Tell where you begain what you changed and how it has help.

I take severals vitamins for my overall heal, exercise daily, wash 1x per wk d/c 1x per wk, & i eat no sweets. I went from dry sl to healthy nl and I am loving everyday. I am hoping to be full sl by 01/09.

Me, but don't tell the ladies on the Mega Tekk Challenge. I used Mega Tekk maybe 3 times and since then it has been sitting on the shelf. I really want to give it away, but I keep saying tomorrow is the day that you'll start using it.:rolleyes: I just don't have the time and patience for that. I don't eat healthy or workout:blush::sad:. I love sweets. No vitamins. I want to say I started at a little passed SL maybe APL. My hair was horrible mostly from dryness. I wasn't into the heat thing. Before I found LHCF I had never conditioned my hair. I thought moisturizing was slapping some grease on it. That was all the hair care products I had. A relaxer and grease. Back then I only really washed on relaxer day and I was relaxing maybe every 4 to 6 weeks. I never retained any length past APL. It took me 2 years to get from SL to APL because of poor hair practices. Since Feb. of 2008 I have went from APL to I believe slightly past BSL and it's not really all about the length. It's about the healthy of my hair. It's about the information I've gotten from LHCF. It's about the sisterhood here and the ability to help others. I use to be so shame of my head, but now I have more good hair days than bad, lol. My hair isn't always on point, but it always look healthy. It's never dry and crispy and generally it just feel good to touch. I DC and wash 1 to 2 times a week. I usually wear a lot of ponytails and buns because they are fast for work, but I do wear it down too.

nappytherapy

I have been trying to get my cholesterol down and have completly changed my diet to fish, chicken and turkey and upped my veggies and fruit and also water. I work out 4 days a week and walk the other 3.

I also use mtg but sometimes I just get tired and in a funk. My husband left today for Afgan to do contract work and I am finding it harder and harder to care about my hair even myself bx I feel so glum. (Sorry had to rant)

I co-wash every night, I keep my hair in box braids as my Protective Style, I walk 3-5 miles per day (5 days a week). I have cut back on my candy in take, i drink more water and I sometimes take a multi vitamin. And that's it. I went from SL 3 months ago and now I am about 3 inches from APL.

So keeping it simple has worked wonders for me.

Evolving78

i don't use growth aids. i just take care of my hair and let it do the rest. i make sure my hair is clean, i don't rough handle it, and i make sure it is moisturized. i would rather spend the money on a moisturizing product or something. i really don't believe in them, but if it works for someone else, good for them.

audacity.

Me, but don't tell the ladies on the Mega Tekk Challenge. I used Mega Tekk maybe 3 times and since then it has been sitting on the shelf. I really want to give it away, but I keep saying tomorrow is the day that you'll start using it.:rolleyes:

you can send it to me, for sure! :yep:

OP: I believe that most people DON'T use growth aides around here. I use them and have since the beginning. I took about a 4 month break, but I am all about vits for sure, so those I will never give up...I've also used MTG and MN and currently using MT...so leona PM me so I can get that! :)

eta: I also try to eat right and I believe that I take prestine (is that the right word) care of my hair/scalp, too :yep:

pearcey

I take 5-20 mg of biotin and gnc ultramega for women with iron. The biotin and multi are more for replacing what is lost with my meds which are known to deplete b-vitamins, as well as overall health.

besides being too heavyhanded with conditioner, I don't have any regimens. I read in awe , in response to others' remedies for getting good growth, but I try to take care of my hair and retain length. For the last year or so, I haven't really given my hair 'the treatment' I just go to my stylist and hope the setting lotion doubles as a leave-in when she does my roller sets :lol

chebaby

i cant swallow the hns vitamins and not really into growth aids so i guess i just take care of my hair. i do spray hydratherma naturals follica invigorator on my scalp but i dont know if thats really a growth aid. since i have been properly moisturizing and sealing my ends dont break so im retaining.

butterfly3582

I jumped on the mega tek bandwagon when i first joined. After about a week i gave up. That is when i decided to just take care of my hair and let it grow as it will.

I moisturize daily, wash & dc weekly, protein treatment monthly.

Protective styles (clip in and buns)
Relaxer every three months
Exerciser 3-4 days a week, drink tons of water, eat healthy for the most part. Take a multi vitamin when i remember.

It has been working for me so far. I just started in July 2008 but my hair is healthier and growing.

MrsQueeny

I started using MT at the end of May early June. Up until then I had dabbled here and there with others but wasn't consistent. Although I love MT, I know my hair is healthy because of the proper care, tools, products and regimen. MT has just added to it but you have to know how to care for it no matter what aid you use. Q

nappy85

I have a simple regimen. Since I cut my hair to about 1" back in 2004, I've kept about the same regimen. Co-washing, shampooing, deep conditioning weekly, minimizing heat usage, eating healthy and exercising at least 3 times per week. The only thing I've really tried is increasing my protein, which never lasted more than about 2 weeks because I've never been big on protein items (meat, whey protein, etc...). I'm also a vegetarian now (almost 2 months), but I make sure that I still get about the 45 grams of protein (I was getting about 30 grams before I was a vegetarian). My hair consistently still grows about 3" per year. My hair is now BSL. It's not that much growth per year, but it is consistent so I'm happy. :)

Last edited:

bermudabeauty

I don't use growth aids. I'm afraid of them quite frankly although I have read good and bad reviews. If I had problems growing my hair I might consisder it but I'm pleased with my growth so far from
February 2008Feb 2008.jpg to what is looks like in my siggy.

Nonie

I wash, condition and baggy. I try to eat right. I take a multi-vitamin/mineral, garlic, acidophilus, chia. (This is a supplement regimen I started way back when I suffered from Candida-Related Complex and just continued with it even after I was over that ordeal, although back then I didn't know of chia so I took Evening Primrose Oil as my EFA source.)

When I first joined the forum, I bought MSM, biotin, silica, B5...the works; I also tried the "moisturize, moisturize, moisturize". I didn't notice any unusual growth and it was a struggle to remember to take them and I hated the feeling of product on my neck. (It was also around that time that I tried the no-trim regimen which was a major set-back.) So I return to the simplicity of my previous regimen: no leave-ins, basic supplements of the past and just regular washes/conditioning especially when my hair felt dry, and yes regular dustings/trims. And I haven't looked back.

My hair is growing slowly but surely and I'm fine with that.

Solitude

I don't use any growth aides. A part of me doesn't think they work even though I see the proof. I don't think I really NEED them, but there is one area of my hair that just won't grow even with all the TLC I've been giving it, so I might try Megatek. I'm not relaxing right now, so I figure it can't hurt??? IDK, but right now I'm not using any growth aids and I never have.

Vitamins, co-washing, deep conditioning & protein treatments, roller sets, vitamins, exercise, um...and direct heat only once a month. But I just bought a flat iron so that might change! lol

Last edited:

msa

I don't believe in growth aids. They don't work (I don't care what anybody says. THEY DON'T WORK).

I'm all about a clean scalp and moisturized hair. I strongly believe that if your body is healthy internally then your hair, skin, nails, breath, etc. will be a reflection of that. I take vitamins and exercise and eat right to counteract the effects of my medication and I'm sure my hair benefits from that.

Regular care for my hair works and I don't need or want any extra stuff for it. And 50 years from now I'll still be doing the same thing.

MichelleMyBelle

I have found that the best thing for my hair is to constantly eat healthy, take my vitamins, drink plenty of water and cardiovascular exercise. I also massage my scalp when I shampoo or moisturize. The blood circulation from cardiovascular exercise is great for your scalp and body! I believe the ladies that say they get help from growth aids. Good for them and I wish them success and happy growing. I just choose to do things the ol' natural way.

Digital Tempest

I don't use any growth aides. I'd much rather spend my money on getting my favorite products in bulk, and I'm too lazy to follow anything religiously. The only thing I can say that I do like clockwork is take my vitamins, and that's for my overall health. I'm following a very simple hair regimen, too. I've learned that it doesn't take a lot to get healthy hair.

Ramya

No growth aids for me but I do try to take care of my body. :yep: I don't do much to my hair. Just wash or cowash and rollerset. That's about it. No bandwagons no product changes. Whatever my hair wants I give it :yep:

prospurr4

No, I don't use any growth aids. I stick with a very simple regimen which includes weekly cowashing, daily moisturizing, gentle handling and no direct heat. In addition, I believe that eating healthy, taking vitamins for overall health, drinking plenty of water and getting regular exercise have contributed greatly to the health of my hair. I am very happy with my results, so far....

KrimsonKween

Irris I was looking 4 u.lol ladies yalls info n advice hve helped so much plus yall got some gawgus hur. ima get there when I wake up my hur is gonna b 2 the flo. watch when I wake up my private hur n under arm hur will be thick n 2 da flo. lololololololollo

Irresistible

:lachen::lachen: Just silly!
Irris I was looking 4 u.lol ladies yalls info n advice hve helped so much plus yall got some gawgus hur. ima get there when I wake up my hur is gonna b 2 the flo. watch when I wake up my private hur n under arm hur will be thick n 2 da flo. lololololololollo

ACRawlins

I'm too chicken to use growth aides although I really would like to try one. I'm just so afraid of the long-term effects. :ohwell: