No Growth Aides just Plan Ole Care

pri

I have been using MT for some 3 months now along w/ my regimen and I saw about 1" in 2 weeks. Of course I was very happy and continued using it. Not only was it making my hair get length it was making it stronger as well. Then all of a sudden after I applied it which was everyday I was getting headaches. I usually gets migraines but this was consistently everyday. I didn't know what it was. I let a day go by and didn't use the MT and I didn't have a headache..so I said well maybe it was just nothing..the next day I used it and the headache came right back..so I washed my hair and stopped using it and the headaches stopped. My hair is still growing and its just from good ole hair care. I faithfully shampoo & dc 1x a week or twice if need be but mostly 1x..hot oil w/ steamer and light protein 1x a month..moisturize 3x daily lightly and protective style everyday. So..growth aides may work for some but..in the long run it's basically good hair care. :)

spritex

I have used a couple of growth aids but not consistently so its hard for me to judge if they do work. I tried BT (in the end I could not cope with the smell). Later on I used a mix of essential oils (rosemary, peppermint, lavender in a grapeseed oil base) - but had to stop these when I became pregnant as some EO's are unsafe in pregancy. I have stuck to the "safe" gorwoth aids as you can see. However I am planning to try Megatek. Its ingredient list looks fine, unless there is some undisclosed horse hormone rubbish in there??!! I think it should be fine to use. I won't ever use MT or MN though.

blazingthru

Well I jumped on just about every bandwagon there was and finally jumped off. I spent so much money doing it and all I ended up with was a tender sore scalp, of course it took many months for that to happen. I still have plenty of the MT but stopped using it. It works it made my hair very, very strong it didn't grow as much as I wanted it to but its a good product. Only I couldnt' handle the sore scalp. I use only natural things now. I really love my hair more now then before. I just really start paying attention to it in a different way. I just co wash four times a week monday and friday sat and sun I deep condition once a week. I use a pretreatment before I wash my hair but I don't use shampoo anymore I just hate shampoo and so I don't even bother with it. I use the WEN system and its really great but I am not flying with that anymore either. I just change my conditioners from time to time and it seems to be working for me. I also KISS following Traycee and I can feel the difference in my hair is healthier and thicker and its visually that way now. I also have no side affects. Its very simple and I like it and its not breaking me. Of course you'll have to spend some money on coconut oils and avocado oils but they last a good while I brought two pounds hoping it will last me the year but since I use it night and day I really dont' know. still its cheaper them MT and OT and I am no longer in a rush so we will see how it plays out. Keeping it simple really works. I got a lot of stuff to give away and I am going to start doing it this week.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I tried MN bought one tube and mixed with oils and stuff. I can't say my hair grew or didn't from MN but I stopped using and haven't jumped on any bandwagon since then. As a newbie what I do is stalk fotkis of ladies with my type of hair and see how they care for their hair. Then I modify their regimen to suit my hair and also try to listen to my hair and know when something is "off".

I wash and condition my hair twice a week, moisturize, style and go. I can't spend the whole day worrying about my hair. It grows and I do what i can to keep my length and avoid breakage.

And I know now that every hair is different, I know aphogee 2-step does not work for me, oil rinse is a waste of my time and money and my hair loves glycerin.

KISS does work for me.

hillytmj

I'm old fashioned - just weekly shampoos and deep conditioning and no direct heat. I do take vitamins, and I think that kinda acts as a growth aid. My hair grows a lot; my challenge is retention.

tiffupretty

i havent used growth aids "yet" and i did get major growth...vitamins ive always taken them grew up with grandparents who made me and it stuck.....i only added biotin/water/and better diet...

but i will start using them...and after checking my 30 day progress with them i will decide either to continue growth aids...or save my money and stick soley with my vitamins

Last edited:

brownsugarflyygirl

Its been pretty much Bootcamp for me that has grown my hair out which essentially is just plain ol' care.

I tried a topical growth aide for like a month and stopped. I take vitamins for my skin and health, so Im sure that helps my hair but its just mostly been ol' fashioned TLC.