No Heat Challenge Ladies

Janice

For those of you that are doing no heat, does that mean not sitting under a warm hooded dryer w/rollerset for about an hour as well?.... Especially if it done once a week?

What exactly does no-heat constitue? Is it eliminating direct heat such as pressing combs and flat irons or indirect heat like blow dryers and hooded dryers. Or all types of heat?

I just like the way my hair comes out looking after I usually rollerset it and sit underneath a dryer for about an hour (on a medium setting).
Airdrying is a hassle, especially detangling. But the hooded dryer tends to give me a more sleeker/smoother look.

I never do the press and curl thing or any other kind of direct heat, by the way.

Will doing this weekly hinder growth?

Ladylynn

I roller set about twice weekly. I always sit under a dryer on a warm setting. I haven't had any problems doing this. I think as long as the dryer is not piping hot, you should be fine.

SparklingFlame

I've been on this challenge for 8 months and for me no-heat means no direct heat. I do, however sit under the hood for deep conditions. I put it on the med. setting cuz that Ion gets too durn hawt!

Blkbeautyhair

Naturallady both you and your daughter have beautiful hair. My daughter's hair is very similar to your daughters. She is only 2 however. Are there any special products that you use in her hair? I'm relaxed and have been for years so I'm clueless when it comes to taking care of natural hair. I'm getting some pointers from this site but want more kid focused advice. Do you mind PMing me? I don't want to take over this thread with my ramblings. LOL!