No miracle products for me

daviine

It seems like we are always on the search for a great moisturizer. .

Anyways, I've bought curl activators and who knows what else over the past few years.

I took a shower the other day and accidentally got my hair wet. I put on my activator or whatever it was that day as usual. Later on when my hair dried, my hair was different--but a good different. My ends didn't look as dry and damaged--then I figured out that my hair was actually moisturized!!!

I remember back in the days I used to put some grease in my hair (oil after I joined hair boards) and then brushed my hair with a wet brush. My hair would always come out so soft. This is the same concept but I never really made an attempt and effort to see how it really works on my ends.

. I've been trying product after product to moisturize my hair, not really sure what moisture was. I found it by accident and am thrilled. So I've rambled on and on to say this. I don't think that there is a product that I can use that will deliver the same results without the water...even if water is the first ingredient.

I think I can use most products on my hair as long as I use water first. Water alone is not enough but water is definitely a good thing....

So basically I just wanted to say that I'm happy (for now) with my hair. Boy do I have a lot of "moisturizers" to get through.

The PJ in me has to say----I wonder what moisturizer works best with water?

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
So basically I just wanted to say that I'm happy (for now) with my hair

[/ QUOTE ]

Daviine, that's excellent news! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I remember how discouraged you were a few weeks back, so this is a great update. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nyambura

surfer girl
Daviine, I'm glad for you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I too find that moisturizers work better for me if I wet my hair. Since I work out 5x/week, I do a lot of rinsing and the combo has helped. I wish you joy and success in your hair growing journey.
Nyambura

Kitkat

Daviine, I'm glad you found something that works for you. Because my hair was underprocessed in the past, I can't use water like that. My hair would wave up and proceed to dry as one big, frizzy mess. But good for you!!

sweetcocoa

Nyambura said:
Daviine, I'm glad for you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I too find that moisturizers work better for me if I wet my hair. Since I work out 5x/week, I do a lot of rinsing and the combo has helped. I wish you joy and success in your hair growing journey.
Nyambura

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with you on this. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I attribute my successful 'regrowth' and retaining the length with the increased use of water. No matter what I put on my hair...if I use water(which is distilled for me) first I get good results...if I don't whatever I use justs 'sits' on my hair.

Paris Belle

I'm glad for you Daviine.

I've tried spritzing water on my hair and then using moisturizers and found that it helped a great deal...But then I usually only do this when I see that my hair is really dry and the regular moisturizers aren't working...I need to do this more..

Leshia

daviine said:
It seems like we are always on the search for a great moisturizer. .

Anyways, I've bought curl activators and who knows what else over the past few years.

I took a shower the other day and accidentally got my hair wet. I put on my activator or whatever it was that day as usual. Later on when my hair dried, my hair was different--but a good different. My ends didn't look as dry and damaged--then I figured out that my hair was actually moisturized!!!

I remember back in the days I used to put some grease in my hair (oil after I joined hair boards) and then brushed my hair with a wet brush. My hair would always come out so soft. This is the same concept but I never really made an attempt and effort to see how it really works on my ends.

. I've been trying product after product to moisturize my hair, not really sure what moisture was. I found it by accident and am thrilled. So I've rambled on and on to say this. I don't think that there is a product that I can use that will deliver the same results without the water...even if water is the first ingredient.

I think I can use most products on my hair as long as I use water first. Water alone is not enough but water is definitely a good thing....

So basically I just wanted to say that I'm happy (for now) with my hair. Boy do I have a lot of "moisturizers" to get through.

The PJ in me has to say----I wonder what moisturizer works best with water?

[/ QUOTE ]

Daviine, you MUST keep posting for ever and ever...that man on your signature is dreamy....*smirks*

daviine

LMAO@ Leshia....he's the hottie of the week. Sadly, I must replace him. Perhaps I'll keep him on for another day or so for you!!!! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

I heard that he was short though........ /images/graemlins/frown.gif

azul11

i also think we expect products to work miracles for us when in reality its not very realistic. i do expect a conditioner to condition but not transform years of abuse and mistreatment into silky locks. somtimes our expectations arent realistic and we go through product after product because it didnt work miracles on our hair. like elucence. some people didnt like it the first time they used it but over time they found it to be a wonderful product. they had to give it a chance. you cant expect a product to transform your frizzy hair into smooth locks overnight. SOME products do need time to work and also SOME products need twerking to make it work for you. sometimes that makes a world of difference. i think water does help open up the hair to absorb the products more effectively and also keeps the hair moisturized and then you use a product to seal that moisture in. i am glad you found something that works for you. God bless you all.

beana3

I think after about a year or so of general good care, and just plain ole consistency.,. I've learned that their aren't any miracle products per se.

I think the reason my hair seems to be responding well to a lot more products these days is because MY HAIR is in BETTER CONdITION.

I used to have a hard time finding products that did ANYTHING for my hair, that was because i started off with an abused and damaged head of hair. As as i started to grow my hair out and clip off the damage, my hair was in a healthier state, hence products would work better on my hair and I would get better results.

I DO however believe that there are products out there that can help to maintain to health of one's hair and keep it in top condition.