No New Products Challenge

Ronda123

frankie said:
Count me in as well...I have too many porducts! I will not be concocting any at home mixtures, but I will use the products that I have purchased. I will only replace staple products that run out, but no trying anything new until I've either used up all my current products or given them away.

Good thing I just bought some new products to try the other day!

The PJ in me will be tempted to buy, but I can do this!
I totally agree with you...count me in!

Last edited:
B

Bublnbrnsuga

Hey Cutebajan, spill the beans!! Where did you purchase the goodday pins from?? I may have to send you some money to buy me some, if you don't mind.

Allandra

blkmaryland said:
Count me in.....Allandra has given me inspiration ($412 a year) She is my budget idol!!!! :)
:yay: I'm expecting to spend even less this year. So far, I haven't purchased a doggone thing this year. I do have an appointment for a relaxer touch up though.

blkmaryland

Allandra said:
BTW, how much did you spend in 2004 on hair care products?

Ummmm...that loud thud that you just heard was me falling out of my chair!!!!!! :lachen: Let's just say that since joining in October I have a small arsenal of products under the sink in both bathrooms, the linen closet in one bathroom....and that's at my SO's home......ummm in my house, I have products under one sink in one bathroom, a milk crate of products waiting to be transported to my SO home, and some miscellaneous things in the trunk of my car and a few products in my office at work....you know just in case....So...with all that said and done, I don't plan on spending any money on anything at least for the next six months....By then, whatever products I have should be used up or expired!!!! :lol:

oglorious1

Mixologist
Okay, I fell off this wagon in the last couple of weeks, I went crazy, my credit card was just about maxxed out by the time I was done, I think I've satisfied my craving, IF I COULD JUST GET ONE MORE JAR OF BBD STRETCH I'LL BE SATISFIED!!!

Jewell

I'm on this challenge for the next year. I have all liter bottles of my Nexxus products, so needless to say, I won't be running out of any of those until about December, if then, because I only use the Nexxus products once a week. The only things I go thru a lot are my daily shampoo and conditioner and my leave-in products like Infusium 23. I have noticed that I buy before I'm done with the product that's already opened, so from now on, I will wait until I actually run out to buy more. That way I can decide whether I want to continue using it or not, and not have to return it or give it away. :(

LABETT

oglorious1 said:
Okay, I fell off this wagon in the last couple of weeks, I went crazy, my credit card was just about maxxed out by the time I was done, I think I've satisfied my craving, IF I COULD JUST GET ONE MORE JAR OF BBD STRETCH I'LL BE SATISFIED!!!

I fell of the wagon along with you Girl but I bought 3 jars of the BBD Stretch Creme.

asha

I'm in on this too...my mtg is waiting for me at the post office and I will not purchase anything new till the challenge is over.

oglorious1

Mixologist
LABETT said:
I fell of the wagon along with you Girl but I bought 3 jars of the BBD Stretch Creme.

Would you like to make a donation to the oglorious1's BBD stretch fund...you can't use all that stretch by yourself, share the wealth, share the wealth:grin: :grin: :lachen:

frankie

I failed at this challenge...

I bought a Maxiglide (which I'll be returning)
I bought new flat iron spray, and a new leave in conditioner, rollers, hair clips.
I bought the M-T-G, Glover's and some Sulfur-8 once I read about the increased growth the ladies were getting using these products.

I'm sure I could think of more products if I took enough time, but the point is... I FAILED THIS CHALLENGE!!!

Good luck to the rest of you ladies that have just joined and that have been going strong so far!

taraglam2

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Here's the details:
Well this challenge is for you!! I have a great online hair buddy that has a motto: "Only purchase hair products when the one's you have are almost gone/completely gone." Make sense to me, how bout you ladies? On to the requirements for participation:

1. Use all the products you have that are beneficial to your hair.
2. No online product purchasing!!
3. Get creative- make your own products with fruit, cooking oils (olive, coconut, grapeseed), etc. Cheaper and you will be amazed at your creative skillz.

Who's with me????

Okay--It is time for me to stop playing around. I got out all my favorite products last night and it was sooo many! Reality is breaking in--- I am officially on the No New Products Challenge---Starting today --right now!!!! I know I can do this!!!! :look:

vickyd

I didn't notice this thread before. I am in starting today. I will only repurchase products that are working for me and after I have used up the ton of stuff under and on the bathroom cabinet.

taraglam2

vickyd said:
I didn't notice this thread before. I am in starting today. I will only repurchase products that are working for me and after I have used up the ton of stuff under and on the bathroom cabinet.

Yeah!!!!! I know we can do it! I knew there had to be a product challenge somewhere out there as well. I guess this ends my weekly shopping trip at ULTA and Trade Secret---It was fun while it lasted! :)

bajanplums1

bajanplums1 said:
I am in too. I gave away most of my products in Dec, so I could start the new year fresh.
My only hair care products for 2005 are:
elucence moisture benefits poo
elucence moisture balancing conditioner
aphogee essential fatty acids oil concentrate
elasta qp mango butter
elucence serious shining spray

protein boosters:
nature's gate jojoba & keratin shampoo

OK I failed. My product list is completely different, but cost less
* botanoil poo ($8)
* aphogee poo for damaged har ($5)
* dpr-11 ($7)
* mane n tail conditioner ($6)

blah, blah, blah. I am a loser, but i don't care, i;m happywith the progress my hair is making. . .

vickyd

ebony88 said:
Yeah!!!!! I know we can do it! I knew there had to be a product challenge somewhere out there as well. I guess this ends my weekly shopping trip at ULTA and Trade Secret---It was fun while it lasted! :)
I feel you, girl -- as one PJ to another