Non-poo day shower hair routine?

Hersheygurl

Hey Ladies,

Forgive me if my thread title or question is silly, but I really wanted to know what others do to their hair while in the shower when their not CW'g, pooing, or anything else to protect their style ( particularly straight styles).
Currently, I just leave my silk scarf on, but sometimes the steam can give me limp hair, or if I am several months post, I may get some reversion. I would like to know if any of you lovely ladies know how to make the steam my friend. Or, could just enlighten me with what you cover your hair with during the shower. Tried a shower cap, and also got limp hair. I leave the door open and try not to use super hot water, but could use some suggestions. TIA. Bless you all.

When I wore my hair straight I left on my regular scarf and then put a shower cap over it. That way my hair wasn't affected by the steam/water/heat.

Now that I wear my hair natural I don't usually put anything on my head...sometimes I might put on a shower cap but that's pretty much it.

Warm bath... with the door open. seriously :lol: My fine hair will go 'limp' and then start reverting if i take a shower. (even with a shower cap and scarf on)

Shower cap, always. And after reading the above posts, I'm gonna double up with a scarf as well underneath. I had a bad experience in the shower this morning, a section of hair at the nape area got wet and went frizzy. I was so upset.

Warm bath... with the door open. seriously :lol: My fine hair will go 'limp' and then start reverting if i take a shower. (even with a shower cap and scarf on)

This is me all day...lol. However, I have to take a shower since I'm a busy mommy. With a scarf, my hair will start waving up. Will try a shower cap over it. May need to double up on the scarves. ( will do what works). For the ladies that only wear a shower cap, how does your hair stay straight? I don't care to be bone straight, but like to wear a middle part, so I like to keep the roots smooth. Again, TIA.

when i was wearing my hair straight, i had to wrap my hair with a silk scarf, and wear a showercap on top, this was the only way to maintain my style. when i just used the showercap, my hair went limp, and if i just used the silk scarf, the steam would cause my hair to go limp, and no matter how careful i was, i'd usually get the scarf wet somehow.

I just use a shower cap and my hair doesn't revert. What kind of cap are you using? Mine is lined with terry cloth material so I think it must keep my hair extra dry. My hair isn't even the slightest bit frizzed when I get out.

I just use a shower cap and my hair doesn't revert. What kind of cap are you using? Mine is lined with terry cloth material so I think it must keep my hair extra dry. My hair isn't even the slightest bit frizzed when I get out.

I have one that I think is by Goody. It's just plastic. I haven't seen one lined with terry. Could you please let me know what brand it is or where you got it? That sounds like something that may work. Thanks!

Back