NON- SLS SHAMPOO SOLD AT WALGREENS!

LongHairNWaiting

Hello My LHCF Sistas,

Someone started a thread a minute ago about "Does anyone know of any Non-SLS Shampoos?". Well, I'll be happy to report that I was in Walgreens and came across a new shampoo line called Vitamin Shampoo. The ingredients read as follows...

Water - Aqua , Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Dimethicone Copolyol , Cocamide DEA , Glycol Distearate , Parfume , Panthenol , Cetyl Alcohol , Polyquaternium-11 , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , Coconut Oil , DMDM Hydantoin , Coconut Milk , Silk Amino Acids , Egg White Proteins , Tocopheryl Acetate - Vitamin E , Acai Berry Extract , Guava Extract , Vitamin C , Vitamin B , Vitamin D

*Note: This Shampoo comes in different types Blueberry Avocado, Acai Berry Guava, Manogosteen Yogurt, and a Noni Berry Lemongrass. I was reading in the store and I believe it is the Noni Berry Lemongrass that is completely Non-SLS

Definition of Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate: Extra mild cleansing agent derived from vegetable oils. Not a sulfate. Found in Foaming Facial Cleansing Gel.

The price ususally runs $6.99 (unless you catch it on sale). Now ladies, I must be honest, I have not tried it yet, but I am determined to do so in the near future.

*Note: If anyone should purchase and try this shampoo, please leave a message as to how it made your hair feel. Dry? Brittle? Moisturized? etc...

Attachments

• shampoo1.jpg
    shampoo1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 21
  • shampoo2.jpg
    shampoo2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 11
  • shampoo.jpg
    shampoo.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 12

HoneyDew

Thanks for posting.

I like shampoos that are conditioning and this one has conditioning properties in it.

They could have skipped Parfume being so high up on the list though. :look:

I may check this one out!

gymfreak336

Another one there is that has become my staple poo is the naked naturals. I got the orange one, it smells just like tic-tacs.

HairGurl

Oh yeah, I wrote about this shampoo and conditioner on my blog. I love the shampoo and conditioner! Vitamin Water doesn't make this though. The company that makes this is called Vogue International.

summergirl08

I bought the Acai Berry & Guava conditioner (purple bottle) and the Gogi Berry & Green Tea conditioner (green bottle). Both are very moisturizing and I use them for co-washing in the mornings =]

MCMLXXII

I have some in the shower as we speak! Someone mentioned it a few weeks ago...so I got some from Walgreens.

I was shocked that it lathered. Since it's SLS-free, I was not expecting it to be sudsy...perhaps because I co-wash daily, my scalp\hair is never dirty. I dunno..I have it, I like it, will re-purchase. :lick:

I have the orange bottle!

ohstacey

Out of curiosity, I looked up one of the ingredients: Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate. Its an Anionic surfectant, which seems to be some other form of "detergent". Here's an excerpt from the site. Not sure how authoritative the info is, but it has a list of ingredients that are used in cosmetics and are toxic:

http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/Ltoxiccosmetics.htm#6

"Anionic Surfactants- Anionic refers to the negative charge these surfactants have. They may be contaminated with nitrosamines, which are carcinogenic. Surfactants can pose serious health threats. They are used in car washes, as garage floor cleaners and engine degreasers - and in 90% of personal-care products that foam.· Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) · Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) · Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate (ALS) · Ammonium Laureth Sulfate (ALES) · Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate · Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate · Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate · Potassium Coco Hydrolysed Collagen · TEA (Triethanolamine) Lauryl Sulfate · TEA (Triethanolamine) Laureth Sulfate · Lauryl or Cocoyl Sarcosine · Disodium Oleamide Sulfosuccinate · Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate · Disodium Dioctyl Sulfosuccinate etc."

At the very least, its an interesting site, especially if you are really trying to "go green" with hair/skincare products.

Last edited:

adw425

I stumbled on this brand while I was on www.walgreens.com and made a trip to my local Walgreens to check it out. I bought the mangosteen yogurt conditioner on Wednesday. I almost bought the acai guava today, but decided to wait to see if I like the other. I am so excited to try it. I will post a review on Monday. I am using tomorrow.

blasiancurlie

Thanks for this info! I was just about to say that the Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate still sounds harmful...

Out of curiosity, I looked up one of the ingredients: Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate. Its an Anionic surfectant, which seems to be some other form of "detergent". Here's an excerpt from the site. Not sure how authoritative the info is, but it has a list of ingredients that are used in cosmetics and are toxic:

http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/Ltoxiccosmetics.htm#6

"Anionic Surfactants- Anionic refers to the negative charge these surfactants have. They may be contaminated with nitrosamines, which are carcinogenic. Surfactants can pose serious health threats. They are used in car washes, as garage floor cleaners and engine degreasers - and in 90% of personal-care products that foam.· Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) · Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) · Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate (ALS) · Ammonium Laureth Sulfate (ALES) · Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate · Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate · Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate · Potassium Coco Hydrolysed Collagen · TEA (Triethanolamine) Lauryl Sulfate · TEA (Triethanolamine) Laureth Sulfate · Lauryl or Cocoyl Sarcosine · Disodium Oleamide Sulfosuccinate · Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate · Disodium Dioctyl Sulfosuccinate etc."

At the very least, its an interesting site, especially if you are really trying to "go green" with hair/skincare products.

adw425

I can only speak to the Vitamins conditioner (mangosteen-yogurt) and it is phenomenal. It completely blew me away -- soft, silky, detangled hair with slip and slip is not a word I often use. This conditioner is so wonderful, I added it to my staples last night and it takes months for me to add to or change my staple products. I now want to try the others: acai-guava, noni-lemongrass, goji-green tea and blueberry-avocado .