Normal?

Leona28

I Dc'd (with body heat and a cap) with L'Oreal Elvive Full Restore last night for about 2 hours and my hair turned out moist but as usual, the new growth (11 weeks post relaxed) kept to its crispy self. I used John Frieda Daily Nourishment Leave In followed by Frizz ease Extra. My relaxed hair felt great on air drying but of course, the new growth kept crunching. Next day, I decided to flat iron at 302F/150C and my hair was pretty smooth however it still feels crunchy when rubbing hairs together. The new growth is still dry.
Is this normal for type 4 hair? When I get salon blow dried, my hair is quite moist for 2-3 days and then the moisture disappears. They use less products and more heat! Please advise.
I am going to relax my hair next week once my Phytorelaxer kit gets to me. I badly need it. The alopecia look (with the new growth spots) is something else!
I'm enjoying this knowledge journey though! I may cut my hair to get the broken parts off and start them with Phytorelaxers OR leave them and allow my hair to grow out.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Im 4 type as well & my NG use to do it all the time until I up my water intake. I can go 8 months post with no issue now.