Not Even A Full Week Into The New Year And She Already Actin' (LONG)

leona2025

I am so upset with my hair. I don't know maybe I've done too much. Today is my third wash/condition/DC since Saturday. I believed I was suffering from a case of slight protein overload. My hair loves protein, but I have been using a DuoTex and Nutress weekly. Don't ask me why. I just was thinking I would have super strength hair:ohwell:. I KNOW better and I just don't know why I've been doing that. Anyway with all the protein I started getting some breakage.

So then I decided I need a new moisturizing DC. I decided not to use my trusty Silicon Mix because I'm trying to wean away from it. I hate having to purchase online and the shipping at sickbay was more than the cost of the product.:nono:

To start the New Year off I wanted to try Hairone. I thought it would be moisturizing. I had a allergic reaction to it I believe. My hair was soft, but it burned.:blush:

Then I purchased the Optimum Salon Care line. Which is a strengthening/protein line I think. I didn't know when I bought it, but sure enough my hair was rough and hard.

Yesterday I bought Folicure moisturizing conditioner and Motions Lavish shampoo. I had to shampoo the hardness out. I needed two washes for my hair to feel normal. Then I put on the Folicure in the shower. I rinsed out and then used the Folicure DC for extreme dryness. My hair was feeling like butter. Until I rinsed it out. It wasn't exactly hard, but I threw on some Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. My hair feels soft and supple and back to normal.

The problem now is: SHEDDING! I have had so much shedding in the last week. I'm not seeing the breakage. No small pieces just lots of long strands and it almost feels worse than the breakage. UGGHHHHHHH.

yep, you are doing too much! clarify and try a black tea rinse. after that moisturize put your hair up in a bun. i am the Queen of doing too much! btw :lol:

I'm sorry your beautiful hair is acting up on you. I've certainly been there. Do you shed much in the winter months, or is this a new occurance? I know when I start experiencing shedding, I whip out my Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner, and that usually does the trick.

As far as the other problems you were experiencing, perhaps you should revisit your Silicone Mix since it's worked for you in the past. I purchased my jar of Silicone Mix from a local beauty supply store, and I believe I paid all of $10 for it. Is that close to what you're paying?

Thanks Ladies. She is currently airdrying and she feels soft and back to prehairone state. I guess I will know if it's still shedding badly my next wash in a week or so. I feel like I shed heavily once a year, but I don't know the time of year.

The Silicon Mix is 5.50 and the shipping is 7.00. That's a total of 12.50. Shipping more than the product, but I'm not sure if that's a good price for the Silicon Mix. If my hair continues to like my current products, I will use them instead. I really prefer to be able to just go to the store.

Also I was thinking maybe the shedding is a reaction to the two new conditioners I used with the menthol which I am apparently allergic to because I didn't have heavy shedding before using them.

Back