Not Happy with Henna Sooq Online Store

coconow2007

Below, please find the message I received after I paid for henna supplies. I am a little confused if your business is down why would you continue to accept orders and payments on line. Just be honest and post on your site that you will be down for x amount of time and give your customers the option to purchase now and wait, or wait to purchase later, or go somewhere else. In essence, what they have done is taken your money and then they tell you they can't deliver. I am surprised by this because I have used them in the past and had excellent service. Btw I did send an email voicing my concern.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:54 am
Subject: Limited Availability

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bonjour and Hello,At this time our availability is limited as we just welcomed a new baby girl into our family on June 6th 2008. I am recovering now, so therefore my availability is limited. There will be delays in orders, and services at this time.We have a Montreal distributor, and our local henna artists here in Montreal available to you. If this is urgent, please email us at [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][email protected][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].We are also relocating to Toronto (Brampton), Ontario where inventory will be packed away. We expect normal service to resume mid-July, once everything has been settled.Current delays on orders are from 3 to 5 days. We appreciate your patience with us at this time, and hope to continue to better serve you once I recover!Please remember to get latest updates, and special promotions to please do to our blog at [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]www.hennablogspot.com[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you,Khadija Dawn Carrylowner of Henna Sooq[/FONT][/FONT]

Lucky's Mom

Do you think it was wise to put this on the boards?

How does that help the situation?

Bad taste, my friend.........:nono:

Ms. Plain Jane

I love Henna Sooq! Congrats to her and her fam on their new bundle of joy. I order henna and indigo for my grandmother every couple of months.

Totally related, but unrelated:

Why do people act so brand new and offended when threads like these are posted about LHCF members? Are they exempt from being put on blast for their business practices? I'm not saying that the OP is right or wrong (i've had excellent experiences with Henna Sooq), but come on. Where's the disgust when it's a non-member/large company?

tottzu

I love Henna Sooq! Congrats to her and her fam on their new bundle of joy. I order henna and indigo for my grandmother every couple of months.

Totally related, but unrelated:

Why do people act so brand new and offended when threads like these are posted about LHCF members? Are they exempt from being put on blast for their business practices? I'm not saying that the OP is right or wrong (i've had excellent experiences with Henna Sooq), but come on. Where's the disgust when it's a non-member/large company?

Although, I do not think a 3-5 day delay is long. But, if you are in a hurry for your product and you are expecting it the next day, then a 3-5 day delay can seem like eons. I agree that she is well within her rights to complain. If we can give praises for products and services, why can we not voice our displeasure? It also gives notice to others of possible problems with the vendors whether they are a member of this forum or any other forum. A vendor is a vendor. And good customer service is good customer service. Why should we not be informed of problems with vendors who are also members of this board? It should not make you exempt from complaints or criticism?

A member complained about an email sent to a vendor of a product (used by many ladies on this forum) going unanswered and she posted her complaint email to them. Many ladies responded positively to her complaint email. Another posted a complaint about a beautician's bad cut, named the woman and her salon. The response to this poster was total sympathy for her bad salon experience and a few stated that they would not go to the salon. Another thread asked about natural laxer. I responded to this one stating that it did nothing for me but the customer service was on point. I don't know if the vendor is/was a member of the board or not, but I did not like the product and that is what I stated. I did not pm or email them to tell them of my dislike of their product. I simply chose not to use it again and when asked about the product I shared my opinion.

Why is it different for this poster? Unhappy is unhappy. She was not nasty or disrespectful and stated that she had received excellent service previously. I don't believe it was in bad taste at all, maybe frustration, but not bad taste.

Last edited:

Arcadian

This definilty belongs in the vendor forum.

I've no complaints with HS, I love her products. The fact that she is letting customers know what the delay is is great business sense. Its giving customers the option of maybe buying from somewhere else if they can't wait or don't like the timeline.

Yes she's still taking money for products, because she's selling products. Unhappy you may be OP but at least give her props for letting you know there's going to be a delay.

-A

Ms. Plain Jane

Although, I do not think a 3-5 day delay is long. But, if you are in a hurry for your product and you are expecting it the next day, then a 3-5 day delay can seem like eons. I agree that she is well within her rights to complain. If we can give praises for products and services, why can we not voice our displeasure? It also gives notice to others of possible problems with the vendors whether they are a member of this forum or any other forum. A vendor is a vendor. And good customer service is good customer service. Why should we not be informed of problems with vendors who are also members of this board? It should not make you exempt from complaints or criticism?

A member complained about an email sent to a vendor of a product (used by many ladies on this forum) going unanswered and she posted her complaint email to them. Many ladies responded positively to her complaint email. Another posted a complaint about a beautician's bad cut, named the woman and her salon. The response to this poster was total sympathy for her bad salon experience and a few stated that they would not go to the salon. Another thread asked about natural laxer. I responded to this one stating that it did nothing for me but the customer service was on point. I don't know if the vendor is/was a member of the board or not, but I did not like the product and that is what I stated. I did not pm or email them to tell them of my dislike of their product. I simply chose not to use it again and when asked about the product I shared my opinion.

Why is it different for this poster? Unhappy is unhappy. She was not nasty or disrespectful and stated that she had received excellent service previously. I don't believe it was in bad taste at all, maybe frustration, but not bad taste.

I totally agree. I just wanted to bring that up before there was a swarm of "You coulda PM'd her." :rolleyes: One would hope that a vendor would be more likely to respond to their business email before they would a PM on LHCF.

Ms. Plain Jane

I've no complaints with HS, I love her products. The fact that she is letting customers know what the delay is is great business sense. Its giving customers the option of maybe buying from somewhere else if they can't wait or don't like the timeline.

Yes she's still taking money for products, because she's selling products. Unhappy you may be OP but at least give her props for letting you know there's going to be a delay.

-A

Agreed! Besides, she had a baby and did mention that she was recovering. Give her some time, OP. In the mean time, there are a number of other sites that can be used to purchase BAQ henna. There are a ton of threads around here recommending various sites. :yep:

SparklingFlame

-A
EXACTLY!!!

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I had no idea the owner of Hennasooq was a member of LHCF....just lastnight I was on that site....I didn't buy because my sister decided she would go to an actual store in jersey and get it for me.

I agree with the OP, she has every right to post whether she was happy or unhappy with the service.

Yes I applaud the vendor for stating that there will be a delay and giving reasons for the same, however, there should be that notice on the site so that customers would know beforehand. Then they can make the decision whether to buy and wait for go elsewhere is the wait is too long for them.

tottzu

-A
Not to be contrary, but this statement is a contradiction. If she is taking your money then you have not been given the option of purchasing elsewhere.

I have no complaint with this vendor or any other vendor. I just believe the OP should be able to state her frustrations.

Ms. Plain Jane

Not to be contrary, but this statement is a contradiction. If she is taking your money then you have not been given the option of purchasing elsewhere.

I have no complaint with this vendor or any other vendor. I just believe the OP should be able to state her frustrations.

You can use the rest of your money at another store. :yep:

She can't stop you from doing that.

Ediese

Thanks for posting this!! I was on the website this morning about to order some indigo, and this information has certainly halted me from purchasing because I don't want the shipment delayed.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
You can use the rest of your money at another store. :yep:

She can't stop you from doing that.
not making sense

yes you still buy elsewhere but the point is your money is taken THEN you are told there will be a delay. If you buy somewhere else you gonna spend twice for the same thing.

Ms. Plain Jane

not making sense

yes you still buy elsewhere but the point is your money is taken THEN you are told there will be a delay. If you buy somewhere else you gonna spend twice for the same thing.

Yeah because there's no such thing as a refund or cancellation of an order. :lachen:

FindingMe

Other than post being in Hair Care Tips and Product Review Discussion, instead of in Vendor Review Forum - there is nothing wrong with the post itself...her complaint is valid IMO

OP, perhaps you can just ask the mods to move this thread to Vendor review?

Cichelle

It was stated beforehand.

http://www.hennasooq.com/index_en.shtml

Right there on the front page, after you click "English: to enter the site.

Maybe people should scroll all the way down a page. Maybe the announcement should be at the top, not the bottom. Tomato, tomahto.

Yes, it was stated beforehand. I received an e-mail about this situation some time ago. Not saying everyone did, however it's not like she just shut down. And yes, I saw it on the website last time I went there.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
It was stated beforehand.

http://www.hennasooq.com/index_en.shtml

Right there on the front page, after you click "English: to enter the site.

Maybe people should scroll all the way down a page. Maybe the announcement should be at the top, not the bottom. Tomato, tomahto.
ok well I didn't see that and I was going off of what the OP posted that she got the email after she paid for her stuff. In that case then she wrong for buying then complaining when the notice is on the home page.

tottzu

If the vendor has a notice that there is a delay, then NO you can not fault the vendor for accepting the payment because the vendor is under the impression at this point that you accept these new terms.

Yes, you can still be frustrated that there is a delay and complain too, but you can't blame the vendor because you did not read the notice.

The notice of delay probably should be at the top so its not easily overlooked, but many vendors will put notices at the bottom of the page. So top or bottom of the page, it is our responsiblity to be aware of the purchase terms before purchasing.

Last edited:

doublejo

1. Member or not, you should be able to post about bad service
2. Before you buy/post about it be sure to read all terms and conditions
3. Henna Sooq is still ok in my book

WomanlyCharm

I saw the notice about a delay when I went to put in an order yesterday.

Oh well.

So OP, maybe you owe Henna Sooq an apology? Especially since the notice was on the website the whole time...:look: You just didn't see it.

ETA: the website will also be shut down for a few days...putting it here so EVERYONE can see it! :

What's New?

Our baby girl was born June 6 2008. Please expect delays.
The Henna Sooq will be closed from June 23 to June 30 for our move to Toronto

eshille

I saw the notice about a delay when I went to put in an order yesterday.

Oh well.

So OP, maybe you owe Henna Sooq an apology? Especially since the notice was on the website the whole time...:look: You just didn't see it.

ETA: the website will also be shut down for a few days...putting it here so EVERYONE can see it! :

What's New?

Our baby girl was born June 6 2008. Please expect delays.
The Henna Sooq will be closed from June 23 to June 30 for our move to Toronto

I was looking at the site last night...read her announcement...decided to wait until July to order.

Everything I have ordered has been shipped and received promptly, I expect that same level of serve to continue after her move.

Kurlee

Honestly, we are so hard on each other. I understand your frustration OP, but I mean, having a new baby and moving to a new "state", all while running a business is very time consuming and stressful. She e-mailed you to explain the delay, so I don't really get it? Life happens, she may depend on the income of HS, to supplement her income. Who knows?! Every business has growing pains as does life and if she was courteous enough to let you know that things will be a few days late, I think you should cut her some slack honestly:look:

Arcadian

:yep: Yeah, You being contrary:badgirl::giggle::lachen:

You can always get your money back *doubly true if paying electronically.* This is especially true within the first 7-30 days. Most vendors don't want a black eye on their merchant account, so will refund you instead of having a chargeback show up.

While you may not get it immediatly, you still can get it back and make purchases elsewhere (though maybe not that day).

We've got some members who have shops and give great service and some with not so great service.
I would never say that someone shouldn't voice how they're treated (or not) by a vendor. What I read here helps me decide who I'm going to buy products from.

IMO, she's upset about the wrong thing. Fine to be upset with someone that didn't notify you that the product would be late and, be upset with someone that just takes money, dosen't answer emails, ignores you, while all the while you can see them online.

Its a bit odd to me to be upset if you get a notification of a delay and that same notification is listed on the website. The seller is still selling, however she's doing the right thing by notifying her customers as to what going on. Only person to be upset with is the person doing the ordering at that point.

-A

Dogmd

I am sorry you are not happy OP, but the woman had a baby!! I own my own business, and I just had a baby, so I clearly am going to side with HennaSooq. :lachen: