Nov 18 19 20 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Tomorrow a.m.
Pre-Poo: Soultanicals Knot Glide on dry Hair
Cleanse: Naturelle Grow's Jamaican Me Crazy Cleansing Conditioner
Treat: Cream & Coco's Spun Sugar Reconstructor
Under Dryer: Cathy Howse UBH 20 minutes
Under Steamer: Tukka Naturals Le' Moka DC'er
Leave-In: Lawrence Ray Concepts Shake & Go and Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I bought Jamaican Mango & Lime Transition Natural No More Relaxer Daily Creme over a year ago to put waves in my younger son's hair. He refused to try it. I decided to try it this morning.

I applied it on soaking wet hair... and a bunch of sheds came out. That tells me I need to increase the hempseed oil in my castor oil mix and find a detangler, ASAP. It also weighted down my hair somewhat; I have a touch of shock right now. My hair is usually like "nom, nom, nom, you got some more?" or "that is supposed to contain me? :lachen:"

Hair is drip-drying as I type. I wonder what will happen...

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Exfoliate: Komaza Care Pona Hair and Scalp Treatment
Cleanse: Redken Hair Cleansing Creme
DC: APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle
Post-wash: APB Black.berry Vanilla Leave In Conditioner, APB Cherry Kukui Hair Lotion, APB Whipped Cupuacu Hair Butter, UNN 8-Oil Gelly

Last edited:

imaginary

Hair was already soft and moisturized/oily so decided not to pre-poo, also wanted to keep this short. Also experimented with a rice water rinse.

Shampoo:
Keracare hydrating detangling
Conditioner: ORS replenishing conditioner
Rinse: Rice water
Leave-ins: SM moisture mist, jojoba lavender olive oil, SM curl and shine conditioner.
Stretch: perm rods then plaits.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
This weekend equals 2 weeks in these cornrows and I should be washing and DCing. But since I am travelling it will be delayed till next weekend. So over the next two days I will just spritz with APB Daily Refresher and topping with APB Simple Hair Cream (focusing on my ends). I will also be wigging it this entire trip. My strands freak out in cooler/cold weather.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Tomorrow a.m.
Pre-Poo: Soultanicals Knot Glide on dry Hair
Cleanse: Naturelle Grow's Jamaican Me Crazy Cleansing Conditioner
Treat: Cream & Coco's Spun Sugar Reconstructor
Under Dryer: Cathy Howse UBH 20 minutes
Under Steamer: Tukka Naturals Le' Moka DC'er
Leave-In: Lawrence Ray Concepts Shake & Go and Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee
Final R/O: Camille Rose Naturals Moroccan Pear Conditioning Custard.

NaturallyATLPCH

Let's see, since I'll be off next week, I'm going to do some medium sized twists and wear SLAPS when I leave the house since I don't plan on doing that much :giggle:.
Prepoo: Siamese Twists Ayurvedic Oil
Cleanse: SM African Watermint Poo
DC: Hmmm, not sure what imma crack open, might try the KJ Naturals Strawberry Mask sealed with an oil
Leave In: Alikay Naturals Leave In, Siamese Twists Leave In Cream, Butter on the ends
Style: Some gel and put my hair in medium twists
Or, since they are only going to be in a week, maybe twist with a butter.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Grr, parts of my scalp are still wet nearly 24 hours later, making the smell of this stuff linger. It left a coating, but so does gel, not an issue. My hair bahaved enough for me to swoop the front to one side and stay in place without any pins, clips, or whatnot. Weird product, I don't whether to bin it, or try it on slightly damp hair.

DH said my hair looked nice, though.

EnExitStageLeft

Shampoo: Redken Hair Cleansing Cream (chelate), Redken Frizz Dismiss Shampoo
DC w/ heat: Redken Frizz Dismiss Intense Smoothing Treatment
Detangling Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth Conditioner
Leave Ins: Imphenom Hair Mist, Redken Anti Snap Leave In

Blow dry, and flat iron for the first time in almost 2 years. Wish me luck ladies :happydance:.

Allandra

Well, as you may very well know, I only have a very small amount of hair now. It was the one thing I could control in this breast cancer thingy. I selected to have my hair cut down (yes, way down) (days before my first treatment) versus having it fall out (because that would have been much too traumatizing). So, I won't be doing much of anything to my hair this weekend. I will say this much, I honestly don't miss my hair. I believe I will keep short hair once my treatments and everything are done. I love having a wee bit of hair. I hope you ladies are having a great weekend. :iloveyou: (((hugs)))

Aggie

Well, as you may very well know, I only have a very small amount of hair now. It was the one thing I could control in this breast cancer thingy. I selected to have my hair cut down (yes, way down) (days before my first treatment) versus having it fall out (because that would have been much too traumatizing). So, I won't be doing much of anything to my hair this weekend. I will say this much, I honestly don't miss my hair. I believe I will keep short hair once my treatments and everything are done. I love having a wee bit of hair. I hope you ladies are having a great weekend. :iloveyou: (((hugs)))
(Hugs) @Allandra. Glad you are embracing your hair in a short style. I might join you in that a little later.

I'm still on my cruise and won't be getting home until late tomorrow so I will have to pass until Monday, sadly :sad:.

charmtreese

Saturday night
Pre-pooed overnight with eggs/grape seed oil - whipped to hair mayo

Sunday
Shampoo: SM High Porosity

Tea Rinse: green tea

Deep Condition: SM Manuka and Honey

Leave-in: CHI Keratin Mist, CHI
Total Protect, CHI Silk Infusion

Gels: SM Coconut and Hibiscus Gel, SM High Porosity gel

Put in medium small twist.

vevster

My hair is so unpredicatable!

I did my shampoo day using

AnnCarol's shampoo
SM JBCO Deep Conditioner
SM JBCO Creamy Leave in
A little spritz of Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave In
In the back a touch of Curlmaker
I used DevaCurl's Beautiful Mess to smooth down my edges

I forgot that after a protein treatment you have to put in a moisturizer and had a more difficult time than usual detangling etc.

I thought my hair would be dry and look like crap.

It looked FAB!

I guess my hair needed the protein. I plan use incorporate into my routine every shampoo day. Next time I will use a moisturizer after..