Nov 2017 What Did You Buy This Week

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
x4 Soultanicals Knot Butta. Trying for the first time for double sealing ends and knocking other butters off BF list.
It was BOGO on NaturallyCurly + 40% off with the code from the last thread. I googled last year's Soultanicals BF sale and it was only 40% off so I am very pleased.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
I made the mistake to partake in a Afroveda sale. I love their sweetroots but got something else instead.

Sent two emails and they are ghosting me. *sigh.

I went to Hattace and ordered it but I'm torn about reporting Afroveda to Paypal because I tried the product and liked it! argh!

Report AfroVeda to PayPal & get a refund. PayPal has a time limit on claims/disputes. AfroVeda is well known for not fulfilling orders. I only buy their products from Hattaché.

Aggie

Someone, maybe you, quoted a poster who used a slow cooker and mason jars to infuse their oils. I went straight to Target after reading it.
It wasn't me but it's a great idea. I want them for my opened boxes of powders, clays and for keeping my infused oils fresher longer.

By the way, I bought a case of the 16oz size and 4 of the 32 oz size Mason jars about an hour ago. Couldn't wait, lol

Last edited:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
It wasn't me but it's a great idea. I want them for my opened boxes of powders, clays and for keeping my infused oils fresher longer.

Found it, and yes it was you quoting @ThatJerseyGirl 's post below. Thanks for the tip, @ThatJerseyGirl !

If you infuse some sliced garlic cloves in olive oil and sliced ginger in olive oil in conjunction with the fenugreek, you have a winner!

I just did a few teaspoons and added it to my fenugreek mix. I don't smell the garlic at all because I use the grapefruit essential oil in addition to the peppermint oil. Smells wonderful to me and my scalp loves it. I oil every day. I'm in a protective style, by the way. Full weave. I just removed it and did a henna treatment the day before yesterday. So far, so good.

Also, that mix has given me some new growth in a short period of time too. Maybe because I use it everyday. I put the mix in an applicator bottle purchased from Sally's. It has a tiny pin hole opening, so only a small amount is dispersed. I love this stuff!

How do you infuse your mix? I put my ingredients in a mason jar and infused in a large crock pot with water on medium for two days. I cut it off at night for safety purposes. You'll know when it's done when the fenugreek has a reddish color and the garlic looks toasty in color.

ThatJerseyGirl

Found it, and yes it was you quoting @ThatJerseyGirl 's post below. Thanks for the tip, @ThatJerseyGirl !

Target, huh! I know that's right. It'll infuse better as opposed to using a pot and having to keep a watchful eye on it. Just make sure to add water, of course, but not all the way to the top of the jars, but close to it.

Another way is to roast the fenugreek seeds on low in a pan, add the oil, and watch it turn to a reddish color. Then, add the fenugreek oil mix to a mason jar, seal and place in a crock pot on warm. Just be careful and make sure you turn it off at night and start the process again in the morning. Just check to make sure the water hasn't cooked out. If it has, remove the jars, let it cool then add more water to the pot. Once the water is warm or close to hot, add the jars.

One time, I left it on the stove in a large cast iron pot to infuse. Well, my husband knew what I was doing so I ASSUMED he was watching it because I told him to watch it. I had to make a quick run to the store. Well, apparently the water cooked out. Tell me why dis bama put cold water in the pot and the jars exploded.......he was trying to do it before I came home. House was smelling like an Indian restaurant. Garlic and fenugreek because I had them infusing in two diff jars.

I think the crock pop is a safer bet rather than using candles diffusers and the like....

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Went to Patel Brothers today.

Dabur Vatika Oil
x5 Dulhan body art quality henna
Neem powder
x2 Sesa Ayurvedic #oil
Hesh Rose powder
Hesh Kapoor Kachli powder
Mahabringaraj oil
Heenara powder
Swad rose water
x2 Parachute Ayurvedic Hair Oil
Fenugreek seeds

Let me try to get to one of these stores. I hate paying tolls though. Let me try to catch the bus.

ETA: I should try curry town since I will be in the city today.