Nov 30 Dec 1 2 3 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Either Saturday or Sunday at the latest, I plan on using Moringa powder and coconut milk for a prepoo treatment, followed by Taura Amore Powerhouse Shampoo, then Taura Amore Macanet Deep conditioner, rinse and apply Taura Amore Leave in conditioning lotion, air dry, then Taura Amore Macanet Butter blend to lightly flat iron.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Tonight:
Pre-Poo: Naturelle Grow's Guava & Fig Pre-Poo (Under Saran Wrap)
Cleanse: Mielle Organics Cleansing Conditioner
Treat: She Scent It's Okra Winfrey (Under Dryer)
Steam: Le Moku' Chocolate DC'er (Under Steamer)
Final R/O: SM's Weightless Creme Rinse
Apply Leave-In: LOC

Rozlewis

I have been skipping my mid-week cowash due to my crazy schedule, but this weekend I will give my hair some extra TLC:

Tonight:
Pre-poo: Annabelle's Pre-poo Treatment under heat for 30 mins

Tomorrow:
Poo: Silk Elements Sulfate Free Shampoo 2x
DC: not sure which DC yet but I will sit under my steamer
Leave-ins: Annabelles/Oil/Naturelle Grow
Heat Protectant: Silk Elements
Style: Roller Set
Dry: Pibbs for 60 mins

sunflora

Flowah Powah
I washed Wednesday, so I think I'll do Sunday. If I'm not drowning in the schoolwork I didn't get done this week. Kill me now.

HOT and scalp massage: Vatika Hibiscus enriched coconut oil
Shampoo: Mielle Organics Rosemary Mint (I like this A LOT!!)
DC: Mielle Organics Rosemary Mint
Detangling Conditioner: QUA Organics Forest

L: Kinky Curly Knot Today
C: Vatika olive and cactus cream (a new favorite... so far!)
O: Extra Light EVOO

Braid in 8 sections to air dry over night

discodumpling

I have a busy weekend with activities planned today and tomorrow for DD's bday...so it's only fitting that I took the day off from the plantation to get it in!
So its 11:25 and I already.
Washed: ? I really didn't pay attention!
DCd: Schwartzkopf GLISS Ultra Hydrating
Leavein: KCKT & some repair-in oil from Schwartzkopf
Styled: Eco Olive

Completing my routine today frees me up to reset DD's wash n go tomorrow!

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Still working on my wig braids :lachen:
To be honest, I was working a lot of early (for me) hours. But an incident happened so, I’ve slowed way down. But no matter if the wig braids are done or not, I’m washing my hair.

Wash: Giovanni Tea Tree mixed with acv
Condition: APB Keratin under my hooded dryer
Leave in/Sealer: Whatever I see, but usually X21 or an APB leave in, Curls Blueberry Leave in, Kreyòl Essence Castor Oil and/or Shea Butter.

syrk

Shampoo, henna treatment, DC, blowdry and style (tbd?).

Was fully planning on trying some marley twists, bought the hair and everything yesterday but now I'm not sure if I want to do them, might just do a twist out on my blown out hair or something. Either way, planning to do...

Clarifying shampoo - Redken Cleansing Cream
Henna Treatment - Henna, coconut milk, spoonful each of amla, shikakai, brahmi and rose powders + indigo for more of a brown than red color
DC - TGIN Honey Miracle Mask
Leave in - As I Am Leave in
Blow dry w/ new Revair

hothair

Ooh I'm working my way to a BKT. Just dyed it. Done an olaplex then want to start the BKT process on it.

Haven't done that in a while so want to be sure to up my deep treatments before and after I feel like playing in my hair

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Either Saturday or Sunday at the latest, I plan on using Moringa powder and coconut milk for a prepoo treatment, followed by Taura Amore Powerhouse Shampoo, then Taura Amore Macanet Deep conditioner, rinse and apply Taura Amore Leave in conditioning lotion, air dry, then Taura Amore Macanet Butter blend to lightly flat iron.
Looking more like Sunday. I’m sleepy b

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Going to mix the moringa treatment with SM beauty hack masque to make the treatment thicker(with a little avocado oil,coconut oil and aloe Vera gel). Last time with just the moringa treatment/coconut milk it was runny.

sunflora

Flowah Powah
I washed Wednesday, so I think I'll do Sunday. If I'm not drowning in the schoolwork I didn't get done this week. Kill me now.

HOT and scalp massage: Vatika Hibiscus enriched coconut oil
Shampoo: Mielle Organics Rosemary Mint (I like this A LOT!!)
DC: Mielle Organics Rosemary Mint
Detangling Conditioner: QUA Organics Forest

L: Kinky Curly Knot Today
C: Vatika olive and cactus cream (a new favorite... so far!)
O: Extra Light EVOO

Braid in 8 sections to air dry over night

I survived! So on a whim I used all different products:
Amla Cool Oil for scalp massage and pure coconut oil for HOT
I bought the Garnier Fructis Legendary Olive shampoo and conditioner on a whim since I liked the leave-in so much... that shampoo was like dish liquid on my hair. I should have known when I saw the clear, runny consistency. So I mixed a shea moisture sample with some fenugreek powder to give my hair TLC after that. It was actually amazing, but now my hair STILL smells like maple syrup. :(

I used Nightblooming's Selkie leave in instead of KCKT, I actually like the leave in more due to its consistency and slip. Garnier Fructis Legendary Olive leave-in, and rose + hibiscus infused sunflower oil to seal. Also of course, shea butter on the last few inches to glue the ends. This was a new mix of ivory unrefined shea, a little bit of sunflower oil, rose powder and rose essential oil.

What did we learn? Stick to known shampoos.

I also realized that shower detangling is a no for me. The TT basically just rips out my hair, and it still took me a super long time (I wish I tracked how long) to detangle and braid after. I'll try only finger detangling in the shower next time and see how it goes.

11 braids this time.

spacetygrss

Detangle and oil scalp/hair with Amla/Brahmi Oil (Done)
Shampoo TBD
DC (Protein with Komaza and then Moisture with TBD
Dry in Big Twists

If I have time I'll put my hair in TSTs. Otherwise, I'll bun it until next time. I'm on a time crunch.

syrk

Shampoo, henna treatment, DC, blowdry and style (tbd?).

Was fully planning on trying some marley twists, bought the hair and everything yesterday but now I'm not sure if I want to do them, might just do a twist out on my blown out hair or something. Either way, planning to do...

Henna Treatment - Henna, coconut milk, spoonful each of amla, shikakai, brahmi and rose powders + indigo for more of a brown than red color
DC - TGIN Honey Miracle Mask
Leave in - As I Am Leave in
Blow dry w/ new Revair

Skipped a few steps above, but I ended up:

Finger Detangle - w/ Devacurl Wash Day Wonder [Love it, pretty much separates your hair into individual curls instantly making it so easy to detangle. Detangling still takes me forever though because my hair is so tightly coiled I feel like I have to do it in such small sections]

Henna Treatment - Henna, coconut milk, spoonful each of amla, shikakai, brahmi and rose powders + indigo for more of a brown than red color [Settled on a 2:1 ratio of henna to indigo, it was perfect. Love the deep chocolate brown I have now. Had a much more red color before]

DC - TGIN Honey Miracle Mask :infatuated: [At this point after rinsing, my hair was so amazingly soft]

Leave in - As I Am Leave in [always use this, my hair loves it but I probably could have skipped], then also Blueberry Bliss Leave in to detangle before blowdrying - This lets me brush through my hair so easilly]

Heat Protectant - Fantasia IC serum

Blow dry - w/ Revair [reviewed in the Revair thread]

My blowdried hair is just sitting in a bun for now. Was gonna do some braids or twists for a protective style but don't fee like it. Maybe next week :laugh:. I'll probably wear in half up, half down with a bun at the top for work this week.

naturalyogini

Henndigo treatment . 1/4 cup of Moroccan henna, 1tsp amla, half tsp of aloe vera powder , 1/4 tsp of Maca, 1/2 cup of indigo, 1/2 tsp salt. Let henna sit for two hour dye release. Indigo for 30 minutes . Left it in hair for 3 hours. Cowashed with some non descript sheamoisture condish. Twisted it up. I didn't DC, because I want the color to oxidize and darken.
My grays in the front are light medium brown. Hopefully they'll get darker. The rest of my hair is dark brown . Ok.

On Tuesday, I'll DC with Hennasooq honey mask. I guess I'm a committed henna head now.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Scalp Treatment: Cantu ACV Root Rinse
Cleanse: Redken Hair Cleansing Creme
DC: APB Keratin Protein Treatment
Post-wash: Still deciding what to use...
Style: Attempt to use the Revair
Updates

Detangle: TMC Easy On The Curls Conditioner
DC: APB Garlic Conditioner
Post-wash: SSI Pomegranate Hydrating Curl Spray, APB Peach Babassu Hair Lotion
Heat Protectant: Mielle Mongongo Oil Thermal & Heat Protectant Spray

Last edited:

naturalyogini

Henndigo treatment . 1/4 cup of Moroccan henna, 1tsp amla, half tsp of aloe vera powder , 1/4 tsp of Maca, 1/2 cup of indigo, 1/2 tsp salt. Let henna sit for two hour dye release. Indigo for 30 minutes . Left it in hair for 3 hours. Cowashed with some non descript sheamoisture condish. Twisted it up. I didn't DC, because I want the color to oxidize and darken.
My grays in the front are light medium brown. Hopefully they'll get darker. The rest of my hair is dark brown . Ok.

On Tuesday, I'll DC with Hennasooq honey mask. I guess I'm a committed henna head now.
Update: My grays are orange. Rats! I guess it's the two step process the next time. And for now headbands...and a brown color stick .

Aggie

No washing this week but I did massage my scalp with the last bit of my Bambu Scalp Drops last night. I also moisturized with Bask & Bloom More Moisture Cream. Hair still feels great so nothing today.

cocosweet

Bought some Proclaim activator gel at Sally’s yesterday on a buy one get one free deal.

Washed hair with Cantu Shea shampoo for Natural hair, then followed up with Motions CPR conditioner, and tried my fermented rice water spray for the first time. I’m about to find out if rice water is as good as people claim.

Today, I will put my hair back into two strand twists.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Tonight:
Pre-Poo: Naturelle Grow's Guava & Fig Pre-Poo (Under Saran Wrap)
Cleanse: Mielle Organics Cleansing Conditioner
Treat: She Scent It's Okra Winfrey (Under Dryer)
Steam: Le Moku' Chocolate DC'er (Under Steamer)
Final R/O: SM's Weightless Creme Rinse
Apply Leave-In: LOC
@rileypak and @GGsKin Ya'll Kidnapped Me! :assimilate:

NONE of This Happened!:eek:

Hopefully, I can get it together next week.:help:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Wash: TJ’s nourish spa shampoo
Detox: JMonique’s charcoal treatment
DC: APB Pumpkin seed conditioner
Treatment/Protein: Rice water with neutral protein filler and bamboo extract
Detangle: TJ’s nourish spa conditioner
Leavin: KB leave-in and curl activator
Seal: CD honey mimosa pomade and APB pumpkin hair and body butta
Style: 4 2strand twists. Will pin them up once dry.