Nov 9 10 11 12 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

oneastrocurlie

Wow this is so beautiful! Popping definition and I love love the color!! How are you finding coloring? Does it at all affect hair negatively? Because I keep thinking that definition shows better on colored hair than black hair. I think that the black hides the curls somehow (don't ask me how lol) and I'd really love to get my hair colored one day.

So are you saying that NYC conditioner under UFDCM is even better than KCKT under UFDCM? Wow you must be kidding me! Because the latter is absolutely my favorourite combo at the moment!
I shingle though rather than rake. Maybe I should try raking? And using lots of water?

This below is from one of my better 2nd day hair days though there is a lot more to be desired. Sorry I don't have a close-up. Also I'm on my phone so I hope that the photo won't be huge.

View attachment 437787

If there is a chance that NYC might play even better with my UFDCM then I'm definitely going to try it, soon. But I'm also hoping to improve my technique. I have only big chopped very recently after a setback (was planning to transition instead) and I'm just starting to recover mentally and be excited about my hair again.

Thank you! I love your hair too. I've only had the color about 2 weeks but so far no issues. I cowash every 4ish days and that seems to make my hair happy.

I wouldn't say NYC is better than kcnt but NYC is lighter and my hair moves more (well at the top lol, my tighter curls stay where they are lol).

And yup raking. She did it in small sections using a mist spray bottle as she moved from section to section.

Alma Petra

Wow! @Alma Petra You cut your hair! I like it. I know you had a set back but it looks great.
Awww thank you so much!
I had extensive hair loss from a medication, so I got depressed and neglected my hair for a long time and when I tried to wash it after a couple of months, it turned into a huge knot so I had to cut it all off, and I tried to make it like a BC so I cut out at the junction between the natural and texlaxed hair. Last relaxer was in April 2017, so my hair is now 1 year and 7 months old. I can't wait for it to grow longer specially the crown in order to nicely cover the back of the head.

Alma Petra

Thank you! I love your hair too. I've only had the color about 2 weeks but so far no issues. I cowash every 4ish days and that seems to make my hair happy.

I wouldn't say NYC is better than kcnt but NYC is lighter and my hair moves more (well at the top lol, my tighter curls stay where they are lol).

And yup raking. She did it in small sections using a mist spray bottle as she moved from section to section.
Thanks dear! I plan to cowash or water wash every 4 days me too. And I definitely need more movement. I need something to give me more definition but a more flexible hold. I'll try the NYC and see what it does for my hair.
Thanks a lot for answering all of my questions, and for the suggestions!