November 2013...What Did YOU Buy This Week?(Hair Care Edition)

Lovestyr

Organixx Awapuhi ginger shampoo..grabbed this because of one of fav bloggers I follow gave it a decent review.

While I was in cvs getting this shampoo, I noticed a few other items marked like 25% off...I stayed strong because I'm holding off to bf :)

Embyra

:curtain:

Don't mind me guys :look: just opening the door here and letting the smell of hair products waft over me as I'm broke right now :lachen:

:curtain:

Pompous Blue

Posted this review from another thread:

happynappyhoney.com

The hibiscus DC is WONDERFUL as a leave-in conditioner! Today my hair is soft and moisturized. It has slip and detangled my hair very well.

My regimen: Washed with Jessicurls Cleansing cream. Tried to use the Moroccan clay bar (nothing happened). Applied the Hibiscus DC & detangled. Twisted with Curl Junkie's Pattern Pusha gel and sealed with mariedeanonline.com's Babassu and Shea Nilotica butter (very soft and liquidy.) Hair is moisturized, defined and has movement. Will be ordering Nov 22 at the start of the 30% off sale!

I did not use the Moroccan Clay bar 'cause I didn't know how to use it. There was no directions with the sample or on the website. I tried to use it by applying it to my wet hair. It did not melt or anything. So, I sent them an email this morning asking for instructions.

P.S. I don't think I'll ever use the Hibiscus DC as a DC. It's too good as a leave-in.

Also, I ordered this on a Sunday and received it Thursday.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I bought Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut. It worked well as a rinse out conditioner and at such a low price, I'll keep using it for that purpose.

Lovestyr

I had a rough day so what did I do to cheer up??? I went and bought more items that I needed or so, that's the story I gave my dh :)

Redken extreme strength builder plus---protein treatment
Redken extreme anti snap
Paul mitchell instant moisture daily treatment
Kinky curly knot today
Few various accessories scrunchies, headbands exc

***I wanted to try paul mitchell super skinny daily treatment (sry if I worded it wrong) it was all out expect the biggest size for $28 I couldn't take that big of leap. Will buy soon hopefully, one of my fav youtube gurus luv that stuff.

CodeRed

All the Hydroquench conditoners except the Slip

SAA from lotioncrafters.com

I really need to start posting in these threads more often so I can track what I buy better.

krissyhair

I bought a full set of curl formers this week. They are size extra long and wide. It's the thinner, longer size. I successfully curled my hair with water and coconut oil. I might have a good hair week coming up.

KinkyGenius

Target
  • Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave In Conditioner
  • Curls Creamy Curl Cleanser (I like this better than the As I Am Coconut CoWash. Almost done with the As I Am and will be going back to this Curls Cleanser)

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@ShyIntellect

I like the Cleansing Pudding better than the Coconut Cowash.

I use it in lieu of Shampoo (whenever I have a need for 'Poo or deeper cleansing than a Cleansing Conditioner).

I was glad that Target had it on Sale.

I got x2 for the price of x1. *Good Deal*

ETA: Surprised it's now in Bottles instead of Jars.

Last edited:

Aggie

So far all I bought this month is henna, henna and more henna and indigo. I bought some from hennasooq and some from ebay. I need to give myself a henna treatment soon, so maybe I'll do it next weekend.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
African Royale Hot Six Oil
& JBCO

Last edited:

Toy

2 bottles of Aussie 3 min Deep Conditioner
Darcy Botanicals Eucalyptus & Mint Scalp Butter

Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

DoDo

Is aveda Dry Remedy worth it? I need a quality conditioner (w/ cones) for straightening in december. I was going to use the Suave Knock off, because I have it:look:. You think there is a huge difference. I'm only going to use it as a rinse out detangler anyway.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
DoDo

Is aveda Dry Remedy worth it? I need a quality conditioner (w/ cones) for straightening in december. I was going to use the Suave Knock off, because I have it:look:. You think there is a huge difference. I'm only going to use it as a rinse out detangler anyway.

The deep treatment is expensive...but The Truth! If you don't use cones a lot that will work in your favor because I think I have only three to four uses in a bottle of that. Your hair is transitioning however so you may not even need as much in a single sitting. That conditioner is amazing and totally worth the money. I have not tried the Suave knockoff but I don't believe it would come close because the ingredients lists are nothing alike.

It is softening, and will melt tangles apart (no- really, no exaggeration, no caveats, even after sulfate shampoo - :love:)

The softness lasts until after the wash. This is a holy grail for me in spite of the price. When I want to be a bit cheaper about it I use out the rinse out conditioner instead- not quite as rich but comparable in results.

They are reformulating soon though so...:look: I hope they don't mess it up.

Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

DoDo

I need it for detangling purposes only so I'll go with the suave for now. But I will keep the Deep Treatment in mind for DC'in in the future.

KinkyGenius

Target
  • Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave In Conditioner
  • Curls Creamy Curl Cleanser (I like this better than the As I Am Coconut CoWash. Almost done with the As I Am and will be going back to this Curls Cleanser)

Welp, took back the Curls Creamy Curl Cleanser. Purchased Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner 23 fl. oz. through HSN. It's on sale for $23.90, couldn't pass it up. I like this Hair Milk line, but just could never see myself paying so much for her products. The 8oz of this product is $18, so this is a definite deal.

ETA -
Plus saved an additional 15% using 15HSNHOLIDAY (if you are a new customer) :grin:

Last edited: