November 2016: Hits & Misses

EnExitStageLeft

Hits:
Redken Frizz Dismiss Shampoo: This is bomb. Its super rich and non-stripping, it has slip so your hair isn't a tangle mess afterwards and it cleans the hair and scalp nicely. I think I may have found my staple sulfate free shampoo :yep:.

Imphenom Hair Mist: I LOVE THIS! I forgot how silky this leaves the hair when heat styling. My hair is so fluffy and soft. I'm definitely repurchasing this.

Miss:
Redken frizz dismiss smoothing treatment (DC). Ummm, it aight :ohwell:. Its not bad, its not good, its just okay. I won't repurchase, but I will use up the jar.

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits

SM High Porosity Masque, just bomb. Rinse out was easy, hair felt soft and amazing. I will repurchase in the future
SM High Porosity Cowash, compliments the masque very nicely, I wouldnt repurchase due to the size.
My Henna gloss mix, used up a lot of items because its sitting around and the end result was soft hair. No color uptake though because I didnt use a lot of henna and didnt leave it on long.
Mixing left over deep conditioners together to use up, hair was SOFT and supple!

Miss

Subpar consistency issues, not taking this mess into 2017.

AgeinATL

Hits

SM High Porosity Masque, just bomb. Rinse out was easy, hair felt soft and amazing. I will repurchase in the future
SM High Porosity Cowash, compliments the masque very nicely, I wouldnt repurchase due to the size.
My Henna gloss mix, used up a lot of items because its sitting around and the end result was soft hair. No color uptake though because I didnt use a lot of henna and didnt leave it on long.
Mixing left over deep conditioners together to use up, hair was SOFT and supple!

Miss

Subpar consistency issues, not taking this mess into 2017.

Girl THIS.

shiney_sapphire

Hits
30 oz Naked Relaxer by Essations
Pre-relaxer treatment
Deep cleansing neutralizing shampoo
Honey almond whipped conditioner
Honey almond whipped shampoo
and as a bonus...a free shampoo/scalp massager.
Retail value $50+

They had an intro kit for $25 for all items and from a black owned beauty supply store.

It smells good, relaxer wasn't strong smelling, easy to rinse out, both shampoos were moisturizing, and the conditioner instantly softened my hair even more. I will be purchasing again.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Miss: Some of these companies holding out on Black Friday sale deets.

As someone said before, there were full lists by this time in the past.
I wish they'd hurrup and stop stallin. You know what you are going to do, you prolly knew last week. :crystalball:

They are going to miss out on these coins with this last minute stuff :bye:
PJs got carts locked and loaded and we're out here shifting coins as the discounts roll in. They better get with the program :nono2:

princess_z

Y'all....so I tried Mielle Organics Babassu Oil & Mint Deep Conditioner.

My head smell like a thing of Pine Sol right now. The old fashioned lemon kind. I think it's what's causing this headache I'm getting.

I washed my hair HOURS ago and can still smell it.

I pray to the LAWD this smell fades overnight.

And on top of this y'all....this was some ain't ish conditioner. Like I would never ever ever in my life use this again.

I should've known when my "friend" gave me this for free. She in frenemy territory for this.

RUBY

Hit
Phillip Kingsley Elastiser Extreme - man I used this on Sunday as a pre-shampoo treatment and my wash day was a breeze compared to the previous one where I had tangles galore. My hair was moisturised and defined. And let me say again, not tangled. I always have a hard time with tangles.
SM JBCO masque - it worked well over after the above and I used less than last time which I'm sure is because I used the above first.

Miss
The price of Phillp Kingsley Elastiser Extreme - its expensive but I will have to repurchase.

Undecided
I bought two lots of hair from aliexpress and received one yesterday. The hair was nice, didn't smell bad but there isn't much hair within each packet and I only got 10 so I'm afraid that it won't be enough to do my whole head. Plus the price per pack is expensive. So I'll have to wait and see if I'm able to do my whole head with it and how the hair holds up and report back. And I'm still waiting on the 2nd order I placed.

CodeRed

Initial hit: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl and Shine Shampoo

I really, really liked this. My hair was so soft after washing it almost felt like a conditioner but it was clean. I conditioned afterwards and then used the Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Kids Extra - Moisture Detangler. I used it in the past and really liked it then too... however... I do not need to use these both at the same time with any kind of moisturizing conditioner in between. My hair is very, very soft and very, very moisturized but it's not "substantial" read: strong. It feels great but I'm afraid if I use both of these and a moisturizing conditioner my hair will be soft and moisturized... and all over the floor :lol: Both hits but I think I'll try Shea Moisture's JBCO shampoo because it has more proteins in it and it's meant to clarify, which my hair doesn't seems to mind from a shampoo as long as it's not harsh.

Smiley79

HIT
L'Oreal Total Repair Damage Erase Balm conditioner mask- This product held up to it's claim. My hair felt a little stronger and smoother after one use. What I loved most about it is that you only had to leave it one for a 3 minutes. It has enough slip that you can work it through your hair and massage it in. I plan to use this weekly and do a midweek moisture DC just to keep things balanced.

JerriBlank

Hits
30 oz Naked Relaxer by Essations
Pre-relaxer treatment
Deep cleansing neutralizing shampoo
Honey almond whipped conditioner
Honey almond whipped shampoo
and as a bonus...a free shampoo/scalp massager.
Retail value $50+

They had an intro kit for $25 for all items and from a black owned beauty supply store.

It smells good, relaxer wasn't strong smelling, easy to rinse out, both shampoos were moisturizing, and the conditioner instantly softened my hair even more. I will be purchasing again.

OH wow. My hairdresser friend hipped me to this about a year ago, but I never tried it. She said the line is really good, and works on most of her natural clients. Not the relaxer. Lol, but the other stuff. You got this on the ground?