November 2017: Hits & Misses

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Miss:
Soultanicals Fro Despair Conditioner
(Sigh) What a waste of money for these products. I'm done with Soultanicals. Left it on my hair for 1 hour. Rinsed it out and my hair stood straight up on my head. Again, the pH is too high for my hair. This will have to be used as a pre-poo. What a waste.
I agree about the pH of this one. When I used it, I applied it on top of my detangling rinse out so the effect was not as bad but I could tell during rinse out that the pH was off. My strands were sticking to each other as the water ran through my hair and I was too done after that. I haven't used it since and have no plans to.

naturalyogini

I agree about the pH of this one. When I used it, I applied it on top of my detangling rinse out so the effect was not as bad but I could tell during rinse out that the pH was off. My strands were sticking to each other as the water ran through my hair and I was too done after that. I haven't used it since and have no plans to.
Wow I wonder if adding ACV would fix it? Ayo should really pH test her products! ! Never again.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@rileypak
I'm ticked, Wonder if I should mix it?:angry2:
Wow I wonder if adding ACV would fix it? Ayo should really pH test her products! ! Never again.
@naturalyogini
Hmph. Maybe I should use it as a Pre-Poo?:angry2:

Smiley79

Tentative Hit (lol)
I've never heard of this brand before but I was sold at the ingredients list. (I bought it at Marshalls) I used it last night and it was good. I thought I was going to get a more minty or tingly feeling, due to the pure mint but I didn't. I did leave my hair very clean. I'll keep using it and return with a final review. Next time, I will add my own Peppermint EO to give me that minty feel.

Ingredients: water/eau, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, euterpe oleracea (acai) fruit juice extract*, rubus fruticosus (blackberry) fruit juice extract*, rosa canina (rosehips) fruit juice extract*, punica granatum (pomegranate) fruit juice extract*, calendula officinalis (calendula) flower extract*, matricaria recutita (chamomile) flower extract, aspalathus linearis (rooibos) leaf extract*, sodium lauroyl methyl isethionate, betaine, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sodium cocoyl glutamate, glycerin, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, potassium sorbate, argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil*, hippophae rhamnoides (sea buckthorn) seed oil, tocopherol acetate, curcubita pepo (pumpkin) seed oil*, mentha peperita (peppermint) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) oil, ubiquinone (CoQ10), chenopdoium (quinoa) protein extract, echinacea angustifolia meristem (echinacea) cell culture extract. *organic ingredient

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@rileypak @naturalyogini

Okay Ya'll, I pulled out the Fro Despair Repair and I plan to mix it with BoBeam and maybe a little Ayurvedic Powder and see what happens.:perplexed:

Since I use a R/O after DC'ing - hopefully, I can ward of any negative affects. My plan is to try to use it as a mix.:ohwell:

I know I had x2, but I only saw one. Maybe I swapped the other one?:look:

The ingredients sound so good tho'.:nono:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I just poured both products down the drain. I had to clarify my hair and I'm overnight conditioning. If I get my CD products from pharmapack, it will make up for the loss.

Wow. So yours is pour-able. Okay, maybe that partially explains why mine isn't giving my hair a lot of drama. Maybe that plus the fact that my prepoo is super moisturizing so a drying DC might go unnoticed.

My Soultanicals Fro Repair sounds like a completely different product. It's completely un-pourable. Much too thick.

Still, you got me more than halfway scared to use it again!

naturalyogini

Wow. So yours is pour-able. Okay, maybe that partially explains why mine isn't giving my hair a lot of drama. Maybe that plus the fact that my prepoo is super moisturizing so a drying DC might go unnoticed.

My Soultanicals Fro Repair sounds like a completely different product. It's completely un-pourable. Much too thick.

Still, you got me more than halfway scared to use it again!
Mine was a thin lotion!

curlyhersheygirl

Both a Hit & Miss : Curl Origin coconut Kukui moisturizing curl cocktail. Very moisturizing and absorbs nicely. Great as a LI and daily moisturizer. The sad thing its discontinued.

Major Miss: DevaCurl Supercream. Nothing super about this at all. Did absolutely nothing for my hair; no moisture, no hold. I've come to the conclusion this line is not for me.

Chromia

Hits:

Bee Mine Bee-U-Ti-Ful Deep Conditioner - Easy to apply and spread through my hair. Great for detangling. Rinsed out easily. And protein-free.

DIY flaxseed gel - After going through 3 bottles of Jakeala Flaxseed Gel & 1 jar of AfroVeda Flaxseed Gelly, I decided to make some myself. My twistout turned out better (fuller, softer hold, more elongation) with the homemade gel made with just flaxseeds & water, but next time I'll add marshmallow root and/or slippery elm for more slip when I comb it through.

Miss:

Struggling to strain out the flaxseeds with those weak free nylons from the shoe dept at TJ Maxx. :lol: On YouTube it worked for BiancaReneeToday when she used a free nylon from the Marshall's shoe dept, so I tried it. :nono:

After those broke while I was trying to squeeze the gel out, I bought some drugstore knee highs like Naptural85 uses and I had no problems.

Napturallypretty1908

Potential Hit: Soultanicals Can't Believe It's Knot Butter - It has my hair super moisturized, feeling and extra soft. Only thing stopping me from calling it a true hit is that none of my styles are lasting longer than a day. Paired with my one of my fair gels, my twist outs and braids outs aren't lasting. I ended up walking around most of the week with a (soft and moisturized fro).

Officially calling the Soultanicals Can't Believe It's Knot Butter a Miss. While, I love how it makes my hair feel I still can't get my styles to last like they usually last. I tried combining it with a gel and then a pomade and I still can't get second day hair. I only plan to style my hair twice a week at most, so on the Miss list it must go.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I’m not sure this is a true hit. It’s more of a like:
As I Am Coconut Cowash

I love the price of $6.48 for 16 oz. I can easily get it through the Walmart grocery app and pick it up the next day. I hate grocery shopping so this app and the ability to park and they come out with all of my groceries and load them into my car is heaven :yep:. Anyways back to the topic :giggle: I can use this cowash daily if I choose to and I get a lot of definition with my wash & go’s.

NaturallyATLPCH

Soultanicals is notorious for product inconsistencies and product inconsistent performance. It's like their products that do work on my hair only work once or twice. The rest of the use, it is not the same. I can't deal with that. She really needs to focus on the consistency of fewer products verses a whole bunch of stuff that can be hit or miss with each use. So disappointing when you repurchase.

GGsKin

Hits:

Bee Mine Bee-U-Ti-Ful Deep Conditioner - Easy to apply and spread through my hair. Great for detangling. Rinsed out easily. And protein-free.

DIY flaxseed gel - After going through 3 bottles of Jakeala Flaxseed Gel & 1 jar of AfroVeda Flaxseed Gelly, I decided to make some myself. My twistout turned out better (fuller, softer hold, more elongation) with the homemade gel made with just flaxseeds & water, but next time I'll add marshmallow root and/or slippery elm for more slip when I comb it through.

Miss:

Struggling to strain out the flaxseeds with those weak free nylons from the shoe dept at TJ Maxx. :lol: On YouTube it worked for BiancaReneeToday when she used a free nylon from the Marshall's shoe dept, so I tried it. :nono:

After those broke while I was trying to squeeze the gel out, I bought some drugstore knee highs like Naptural85 uses and I had no problems.

Lol after making a mess with those (using gloves/ tongs etc), I now do like my mama and pass it through a fine sieve. No issues.

Last edited: