November 2017: Hits & Misses

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hits:

Bee Mine Bee-U-Ti-Ful Deep Conditioner - Easy to apply and spread through my hair. Great for detangling. Rinsed out easily. And protein-free.

I’m too lazy to type the name :look:

I’m declaring it a miss. The last time I used it, it was too hard to apply. Probably because I had it sitting next to a window. Anyway, it didn’t do anything for me. It was fine in the summer. So this may be a seasonal item for me.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Nothing special. Just cassia and water. I let it sit for about 4-5 hours (I just went to see my nana) and applied it that same night. I rinsed it out the next day :look: or afternoon :look: clarified and deep conditioned. Hair was super strong. I keep saying I need to do these once a month and I need to stick with that.
Oh! I thought you'd tossed some regular henna into the mix too
I was like what did she cook up over there? :lol:

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit: MC Halo DC
My hair was very soft and pliable when I rinsed it out. I have short hair so the 8 ounce is very cost effective.

Miss: Ayurvedic Powders
I am going to have to jump off this train. They make my hair too hard (even after moisturizing, etc.). I am going to stick with ayurvedic extracts if I want to dabble in Ayurveda and Aphogee Step 1 for strengthening/protein.

naturalyogini

Neither hit nor miss
Joico Moisture Recovery Balm.
It has decent slip. Goes on well. The first time I used it as directed for 3 minutes. No moisture but my leave in and styler worked better. The second time I left it on for 20 minutes and still no softness. In fact my hair was frizzy. But my twisting crème is drying with moisture and that never happens. Perhaps it's adjusting the moisture balance of my hair. Next I'll use heat and see what happens.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Hit:
KindredButters mango & pumpkin cream deep conditioner. :drool: This is probably my favorite KB DC. Instantly softened my hair, detangled like a champ and left my hair so soft and moist that I skipped the leave in. Currently have 4 on the way but will definitely get back ups to the back ups to the back ups every sale. Hoarding this stuff...just in case. :look:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
My hits:
Habibi Body Henna Hair serum - definitely pricy but I love the non greasy application

My Ayurvedic powders - I finally looked at photographic proof that it’s working for me. The five month changes are proof enough that I will stick with this regimen.

Ouidad Melt Down mask - ongoing favorite.

Henna Sooq Enriching Honey Nourisher - this one works well for my hair. I highly recommend warming this product in your hands FIRST or warming the product in warm water before applying to WET hair. It is sticky and that may be the turn off for most people.

weavepat

Mehs:
FORM Beauty multitask leave-in.
It's too light for my freshly washed hair so I'll use it to refresh midweek until it's gone.

Olaplex No1 and No2

I used olaplex on my texlaxed hair and noticed an improvement after each treatment. This time around my hair felt soft as if I'd done my usual DC, but nothing spectacular. Since my hair is much healthier now, I don't think treatments need to be part of my regimen.

Hit:

Pantene Gold Series Hydrating Butter-Creme

Essentially it's a creamy, lightweight grease. I've been using it to seal when I don't want to reach for something more expensive.