Now Forming an Army of SUPER-LONG HAIR 4B (or mostly 4b) NATURALS!! Come on in!

almond eyes

Quick check in. Well, everything continues to thrive hair wise. Actually, the texture of my hair is becoming more manageable. The curls have more definition than before. I think this is what moisturized hair is supposed to look like. I'm psyched!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm still searching for the perfect wash day combo. Prepoo, shampoo, dc, leave in and detangling tool. Today I'm doing Alter Ego, Con Detangling shampoo, Total Repair damage erasing balm, mane n tail and Tangle Teaser. I hope this is the winning combo, because I am getting tired of trial and error.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My hair did not respond well to the Elixir Ultime shampoo or mask. My hair felt stripped and tangly after both. I guess I'll give those to dh. It's a good thing I only bought the travel sizes.

Mo knows hair is making me want to try the Ion color defense clarifying shampoo (sulfate free). I do a semipermanent rinse every few months so it might help preserve my color.

almond eyes

Okay ladies. I KNOW that my hair is going to grow because the "z" patterned hair in my crown is getting longer and softer. I'm pinching myself to NOT post pics yet, but I REALLY REALLY want to.

You should create a new thread entitled, "Do you feel now that you have what it takes to grow your hair long? How do you know? and When do you think you will be able to reach your first goal? And what is different now that you think is different?

Best,
Almond Eyes

CenteredGirl

Okay guys. My hair is changing texture. It is so soft now I can't beleive it. Praise the Lord. To be honest, I've cut back on washing -- @almond eyes, this is because what you said sometime ago finally makes sense to me. Rather, I'm just massaging my scalp every day and pulling the sebum down with a tiny bit of oil. I did that for about the last 3 weeks. Yesterday, I hopped in the shower and wet it down. Girls, it was litteraly like silk. I've never seen such beautiful hair on my head.

So what's the deal?
  1. The preening
  2. Water wetting monthly
  3. Eating clean
  4. BioSil
Could be one or all of the above. Only God knows. :amen:

niknakmac

As my hair is growing out it is actually getting easier to manage. My routine is pretty solid and my hair is staying moisturized.Right now I am contemplating getting a shape up but I don't really have anyone I trust enough to do it and I hate the salon waiting game. So I guess I will just trim my ends the next time I twist.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
The Silk Elements scalp treatment was messy and runny. It almost got in my eyes :(

On the other hand, my Biotera mask was great. It moisturized my hair and afterwards it was easy to detangle.

Now I'm back to celies under a wig. I am looking forward to my next blowout.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My updated wash day routine:
1.Shampoo Sunday morning with Cream of Nature detangling poo
2.Apply any conditioner for a few minutes
3.Rinse and then airdry under a wig in my celies.
4.After work I undo each braid, finger detangle, moisturize and comb.
5.Once my hair is completely detangled I rebraid it.

I barely have any breakage and my shedding is minimal with this routine. I can already see my hair getting thicker. It took a couple years, but I finally got a wash day routine that works. I have tried this with cheapie conditioners and expensive masks. It works the same!