Now Forming an Army of SUPER-LONG HAIR 4B (or mostly 4b) NATURALS!! Come on in!

Aggie

This afternoon I used Netwurks 21 on my scalp, moisturized and sealed with DB Sweet Cocoa Beans Hair Whip. Tonight to inverted for 5 minutes, no massage, no oil. Day 5 complete.

bubbles12345

Most welcome. I use a spray bottle with warm water and I find that that plus the baggying helps with the detangle process. I do not like to use conditioners to do the detangling before hand because it tends to be too much for my fine strands. Since I do this everyday, my hair never has a chance to web. My hair is always kept in four parts or cornrows. I only use a comb once a week on wash day but rest of the week finger detangle gently when I am moisturizing. When I do use the comb I start from my ends and when I hit a snag, I use my fingers or spray more water on my hair and then use my fingers. Since I use protein treatments every four weeks, my hair is strong to deal with the gentle finger detangle and daily moisturizing (with spritz warm water and moisturizer) and my hair is fine. I only lose the normal amount of hair that needs to be shed.

Again on my wash day, after my light detangle with the comb I go into the shower to saturate my hair again and again lightly detangle to make sure no tangles. And then shampoo my hair in my bathroom mirror. I do not like to use a comb in the shower with my hair because the force of the shower water and comb would be too much for my fine hair.

The webbing I think may be coming from wearing wash and goes and product build up, or product build up without detangling, not sleeping with hair in sections. As I said, I almost never wear my hair loose and I get into my hair everyday but with big braids to cut down on over manipulation.

Best,
Almond Eyes

What protein conditioner do you use?

almond eyes

I also use Neutrogena's anti-residue shampoo once a month.

Lately, I have been coating my hair with a shea butter conditioner mix (from the moorket shop) before shampooing my hair. I like this conditioner because it doesn't have any slip but it coats my hair well but is very messy in its application. I don't like products that have too much slip. I never cared for the traditional pre poo with an oil which doesn't work for me or a slippery conditioner but when I started using this natural conditioner it helped my hair a lot during the shampoo process.

I also stopped braiding my hair all the way to the end which left tangles. I braid until the last inch and leave it.

Best,
Almond Eyes

almond eyes

@almond eyes

Out of curiosity why don't you like products with slip?

Hello.

I don't like my conditioner with too much slip because my hair is fine and a lot of my hair would come out in the past during the manipulation and detangling process. I found that just because a product had cones did not mean it was moisturizing. What made my hair soft was the warm water spritz and baggy.

Best,
Almond Eyes

bubbles12345

Hello.

I don't like my conditioner with too much slip because my hair is fine and a lot of my hair would come out in the past during the manipulation and detangling process. I found that just because a product had cones did not mean it was moisturizing. What made my hair soft was the warm water spritz and baggy.

Best,
Almond Eyes

I feel like we have the same hair whenever I read your posts. :lol:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have been focusing more on scalp health recently. I'm using Nioxin scalp treatment nightly. I did a Nioxin exfoliating treatment last night and I'll be using the Scalp Renew Density serum for the next 30 days.

I will do another bkt in a couple weeks...it has really turned my hair around. Wash days haven't been this easy since I had a relaxer :love3::cloud9:

Aggie

Overnight last night I Deep Conditioned on dry hair with 4 Bella Naturale' Cocoavonana mixed with Terrene Fusions Ultra Rich Mango Deep Conditioner.

Today I :

Added a pre poo oil on top of my DC and allow it to sit for 20 minutes before detangling and washing it out
Shampooed with Jason Naturals Thin to Thick Shampoo
Quick rinse out with the remainder of the TF URM Deep Conditioner
Leave-in with Bel Nouvo Avocado & Shea Hair Milk.

I also did a demi color on my hair as well, followed with a quick oil rinse to soften, leave-in and bun for the day.:look:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Hey Ladies,

I want to add that I suggest that method for when you need to get that moisture in but nothing seems to work but again I don't suggest it for the long term and it is critical to stick to your protein treatment regiment. I used that method for three months and it worked except I got lazy about my protein treatments and my fine hair became mushy and stringy and I had to cut off about two inches which was also probably damaged due to back to back color but that was in early 2015 and all is corrected now.

My hair is growing by leaps and bounds.

Here is my routine:

1. Shampoo and conditioner wash weekly. I do not use heat with my DC. I use plastic caps and keep my DC in for about 30 minutes to an hour. I do not pre poo. I find that pre poo was just a waste of products for me my hair already had enough product in it for the week. I also after detangling my hair go into the shower let the warm water penetrate my hair and then shampoo my hair outside the shower so I can see my hair in my big mirror since I don't have a mirror in my shower. This allows me to prevent tangles from the shampoo and I try to concentrate on my scalp and sometimes I will take a spray bottle and spritz down the section with a lot of water after shampooing. It when it is all done hop back into the shower and wash it all out gently.

2. Detangle hair by spritzing warm water and sitting under two plastic caps for 15 to 30 minutes with hair in four sections before shampoo and daily. I use ouches hair bands always soaked in water so they don't stick to my hair to section. And use a wide tooth comb starting with the ends and then using my fingers to pry apart difficult snags but gently. I do this only once a week on wash day with the comb. But the rest of the week it is a finger detangle but use the baggy method with the warm water spritz and then moisturize and do a light detangle and braid up into a style either in the morning or before bedtime.

3. After my shampoo and conditioner. I let my hair dry a bit with some vitamin reign by Komaza (twist my hair into four big sections) and then after an hour use a cream leave in (shea butter cream komaza or curl prep) but for the rest of the week spritz with warm water and use a watery leave in (califa komaza leave in moisturizer) and put into a braided protected style or four big braids. I do this everyday. If I feel like my hair might be too moist for styling and I don't want my hair to shrink so much and I want my hair stretched I will moisturize then every other day.

4. My hair is almost exclusively worn in a low manipulation hair style. So cornrow braids (no extensions) when I am out and about and four big tucked in braids in the house and on some occasions I wear my hair in a pony puff.

5. With no exceptions I do a protein treatment every four weeks. Stay away from protein leave ins.

6. Make sure that my ends and shaft get enough leave in conditioner because when your hair is dense you think that you have gotten every inch but you don't. I really get in their with the ends especially.

7. Wash my hair in sections only never loose

8. Do light dustings every four months when I see that the ends are not looking good.

Best,
Almond Eyes
Hi! Thank you for the detailed regimen, I'meant going to be paying lots of attention to your hair and regimen. Did you do the Komaza Hair Analysis?

almond eyes

Hi! Thank you for the detailed regimen, I'meant going to be paying lots of attention to your hair and regimen. Did you do the Komaza Hair Analysis?

I highly recommend the protein treatment every few weeks. I didn't do the analysis. I read and re read those who did the analysis. I knew that my hair didn't have major issues only just getting rid of my colored ends and incorporating a protein treatment and keeping up with my moisture treatments. So everyday it's spritz with warm water and let that settle under a plastic cap for about 5 to 15 minutes and then the califa moisturizing spray leave in and that's it.

Are you wanting to do the analysis? Why? We are all here to help you.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
Ladies, do not sleep on black tea rinses! If you're dealing with brittle, dry and shedding hair, give it a try. I had been meaning to try it ever since watching this video:

So the last time I was at my local holistic BSS, I decided to purchase these:

IMG_0557.JPG

So far I've only tried it once but have gotten really good results. My hair is much much softer and more manageable.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I highly recommend the protein treatment every few weeks. I didn't do the analysis. I read and re read those who did the analysis. I knew that my hair didn't have major issues only just getting rid of my colored ends and incorporating a protein treatment and keeping up with my moisture treatments. So everyday it's spritz with warm water and let that settle under a plastic cap for about 5 to 15 minutes and then the califa moisturizing spray leave in and that's it.

Are you wanting to do the analysis? Why? We are all here to help you.

Best,
Almond Eyes

I used Aphogee 2-minute reconstructor and I'm getting way less breakage and it seems to have somewhat normalized my porosity whatever that means? Almost two years later and I still don't know my porosity . I'll definitely be incorporating it into my regimen...my daughter's hair responded very well to the protein. I useed protein regularly for both of us before going back natural but I let people tell me it's no longer needed.

My analysis is complete so now I'm waiting on my slides (hopefully by Monday) and appointment (10/24). I decided to do the analysis because I need to know my porosity and the state of my hair; surface and below. What really made me question the health of my hair was one day I was sitting watching TV with hands in hair and noticed my shed strands were DRY, DRY, DRY! They quickly snapped with no stretching when I did the elasticity test. Then I had my hair straightened to have my hair cut due to all the splits and SSK. My hair was brillo pad dry while she was blow drying; to the point she stopped and conditioner washed thinking it was the leave in conditioners causing the problem. She then flat ironed after drying with hot heat, when she was finished she said it wouldn't get straight so she turned it all the way up as far as it could go . My hair was hard, dull and brittle. She blamed my flat iron but I have the Sedu Revolution. My concluded something is terribly wrong or missing from my hair. I revamped my products and regimen. I'll know eventually what state my hair is in after I deal with the problem when I know it.

If you have suggestion I'm happy to hear them!

faithVA

I used Aphogee 2-minute reconstructor and I'm getting way less breakage and it seems to have somewhat normalized my porosity whatever that means? Almost two years later and I still don't know my porosity . I'll definitely be incorporating it into my regimen...my daughter's hair responded very well to the protein. I useed protein regularly for both of us before going back natural but I let people tell me it's no longer needed.

My analysis is complete so now I'm waiting on my slides (hopefully by Monday) and appointment (10/24). I decided to do the analysis because I need to know my porosity and the state of my hair; surface and below. What really made me question the health of my hair was one day I was sitting watching TV with hands in hair and noticed my shed strands were DRY, DRY, DRY! They quickly snapped with no stretching when I did the elasticity test. Then I had my hair straightened to have my hair cut due to all the splits and SSK. My hair was brillo pad dry while she was blow drying; to the point she stopped and conditioner washed thinking it was the leave in conditioners causing the problem. She then flat ironed after drying with hot heat, when she was finished she said it wouldn't get straight so she turned it all the way up as far as it could go . My hair was hard, dull and brittle. She blamed my flat iron but I have the Sedu Revolution. My concluded something is terribly wrong or missing from my hair. I revamped my products and regimen. I'll know eventually what state my hair is in after I deal with the problem when I know it.

:bighug:

The analysis will be helpful. I hope the results turn out OK.

almond eyes

Good luck. Let us know the results.

Best,
Almond Eyes

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
@faithVA @almond eyes

I have my images from Komaza Care but they are getting on my last nerve! Their HUB/Portal has been down so they sent my images via email in a zip file which is cool. The problem I have is there is no explanation so I'm looking at the images wondering wth! I went online to see if I can find something to tell me what I'm looking at. So I emailed Rene to ask if there should be some sort of report with them? I get an email the next morning saying they are still having problems. I get a 2nd email less than an hour later with my secure access to my personalized portal. There are no images, reports, nothing!. IT'S ENTIRELY EMPTY! I would send an email telling them how I really feel about the service but I'm afraid I'll get a botched report, lol. My consultation is on Monday, they are closed on the weekends. How am I suppose to ask questions and make proper use of my one hour when I don't know what I'm looking at?

Ok, vent over. FaithVA, what was your experience?

faithVA

@faithVA @almond eyes

I have my images from Komaza Care but they are getting on my last nerve! Their HUB/Portal has been down so they sent my images via email in a zip file which is cool. The problem I have is there is no explanation so I'm looking at the images wondering wth! I went online to see if I can find something to tell me what I'm looking at. So I emailed Rene to ask if there should be some sort of report with them? I get an email the next morning saying they are still having problems. I get a 2nd email less than an hour later with my secure access to my personalized portal. There are no images, reports, nothing!. IT'S ENTIRELY EMPTY! I would send an email telling them how I really feel about the service but I'm afraid I'll get a botched report, lol. My consultation is on Monday, they are closed on the weekends. How am I suppose to ask questions and make proper use of my one hour when I don't know what I'm looking at?

Ok, vent over. FaithVA, what was your
@faithVA @almond eyes

Be patient . They usually send the pictures without a report. When you have your consultation they will explain it all. You should still have plenty other time to ask questions.

They already know the process is not great but the information they provide can be very helpful if you are having issues.

Just try to enjoy the weekend and keep not open mind about your consultation.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Be patient . They usually send the pictures without a report. When you have your consultation they will explain it all. You should still have plenty other time to ask questions.

They already know the process is not great but the information they provide can be very helpful if you are having issues.

Just try to enjoy the weekend and keep not open mind about your consultation.

Thanks FaithVA. They don't explain the process very well at all, I had to drag it out of them little by little. She actually said what you said so I'll just chill until then.

She said they don't send the images ahead ofor time but is trying something new to help eliminate anxiety. To me, sending my images with no explanation to what I'm looking at sent me into a full on anxiety attack after looking at them. Yeah, they should rethink that one.

faithVA

Thanks FaithVA. They don't explain the process very well at all, I had to drag it out of them little by little. She actually said what you said so I'll just chill until then.

She said they don't send the images ahead ofor time but is trying something new to help eliminate anxiety. To me, sending my images with no explanation to what I'm looking at sent me into a full on anxiety attack after looking at them. Yeah, they should rethink that one.
They haven't really improved their process in 4 years so I wouldn't count on it getting much better any time soon. When the old thread was up everyone knew what to expect.

It will be over soon. Fortunately it's a one and done.

CopperRose

Sorry to butt in but your hair sounds a lot like mine when I was having issues. I have fine/medium, medium density low porosity hair and I always neglect to do protein treatments until my hair starts acting a fool. The only thing that cured my hair was using a combined chelator/clarifier then using a protein dc mixed with honey under heat or steam. I almost felt like I didn't need a moisturizing DC but I suggest doing it right after or 3 days after.

almond eyes

@faithVA @almond eyes

Sorry about that. Hopefully, your telephone consultation will help you. You have a right to let them know you are disappointed.

I have never used their hair analysis. But I order their products exclusively and never have any issues with getting my products on time.

Let us know how it goes.

Best,
Almond Eyes

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Sorry to butt in but your hair sounds a lot like mine when I was having issues. I have fine/medium, medium density low porosity hair and I always neglect to do protein treatments until my hair starts acting a fool. The only thing that cured my hair was using a combined chelator/clarifier then using a protein dc mixed with honey under heat or steam. I almost felt like I didn't need a moisturizing DC but I suggest doing it right after or 3 days after.
Thanks for your input, it's very much appreciated!

Yes, our hair sounds similar. I let someone tell me natural hair that hasn't been chemically colored or that hasn't endured direct heat doesn't require protein treatment. Mine and my daughter's hair suffered because of it. I'll listen to what people have to say in the future but follow my own instincts and my personal knowledge of my own hair.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Sorry about that. Hopefully, your telephone consultation will help you. You have a right to let them know you are disappointed.

I have never used their hair analysis. But I order their products exclusively and never have any issues with getting my products on time.

Let us know how it goes.

Best,
Almond Eyes
Thank you. I wouldn't say they were a problem, my impatience and expectations had more to do with it than anything else. Monday morning will be here in just a few hours and I can't wait!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
@faithVA @almond eyes

Soooo, where do i start, lol. My Analysis was done by Rene, it's bad but not bleak...I'm actually pretty excited!

1. My low porosity hair is actualy very (straight down the middle) normal. She said most people are normal to high.

2. My very fine hair is actually very course (thick)! A trusted hair professional saw a picture of my hair last week and said the same thing. Who would have thunk it!

3. She said my hair is nearly indestructible, and is the most beautiful texture she's ever seen (curly/coily). I'm still perplexed. She says it's so shiny/reflective that she could hardly get good pictures of my healthy strands.

4. I have a lot of severely damaged cuticles and most of it needs to be cut off, lol! The good news is she didn't see an urgency to cut it all at once or immediatly but it does need to go, at least 2". My pro LCL steamer caused the damaged and the mechanical damage probably from my first and only blow dry (it was rough). She says my hair does not require steaming EVER and to gift away my steamer. The dry, tangling, rough texture is because I have a LOT of cuticles and the constant steaming caused them to be permanently lifted and broken. She's 100% percent certain once I cut my hair and eliminate steam, the dryness, tangles and rough texture will be a thing of my past.

She elaborated on several occasions on my hair. "I'm so very serious, you have the most beautiful hair, I don't get hair envy but I love your hair!" I said so it's not west African texture? She said, no...I lIke that texture but yours is curly and coily!

Last edited: