Now that I know how to maintain straight hair...

aloof one

What in the heck am I supposed to do with it when I airdry so that I don't get breakage or tangles?

I am on Accutane now, so I cannot risk letting my scalp dry out because it will cause my hair to start thinning and me to get dandruff. I perfected my straightening regimen to where I receive no breakage or tangles until my next wash (I usually wait a week) and I only shed as much as I should, no more or less. I couldn't be happier about that. Even my kitchen stays straight the whole time! But the only issue with keeping my hair straight for so long without washing (I'm used to washing every 3 days) is that my scalp gets itchy and dry. Coconut oil helps... but not that much. I don't want to use anything else on my scalp while my hair is straight, because it makes my roots revert and I can't comb that way. So I have decided to stop straightening and learn how to do something else with my hair now that I am halfway to being natural.

Does anyone with hair similar to mine who is transitioning have a regimen for airdrying that leaves their hair strong without breaking? It is just so hard creating a regimen (It took me 6 months just to figure out the straighening) and I really don't have that much time. I want to be able to airdry without worrying about if my hair will become a tangled mess or too mushy or just look bad. I also want to keep my scalp moisturized, so I don't mind giving up shampooing either. I also don't mind cowashing daily. I have lasted 3 weeks since my mini chop and kept all of my ends in tip-top shape (no breakage, no splits, nothing) by being extra careful with straightening, so I don't want to ruin it when I stop.

aloof one

Bumping...

I promise I won't talk about Leave-Ins?

Anybody? I'm 4a? 4b? Some thick curly strands, some fine kinky densely packed strands?