now that i've B'Ced i have no idea what to do with my hair..

Meki89

I think I have a good amount of length when stretched. I like my hair curly but that's not the only way I'd like to wear it. Are their any styles that I could rock besides a curly fro. I was thinking about getting it blown out, but I wasn't too sure if that would be a good idea. This is part of my hair stretched to see the length.

I was thinking maybe I could try and get these styles below but I don't know if i should blow dry my natural hair so early :perplexed.

Attachments

• 9710_nia_long.jpg
    9710_nia_long.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 43
  • nia_long.jpg
    nia_long.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 43

robot.

i haven't BC'ed my hair to try transitioning, but i did just do some kind of layered bob, so... if you don't mind... -saves those pics-

i'm sure one of the hair veterans on here have some great tips for you. :grin:

laurend

Do you do wash and go's or do you twist your hair to get it curly? How long have you been fully natural? Anyway, you might try getting to know your natural hair first before putting heat on it. Working with natural hair is a process and it took me sometime before I figured out what I was doing.

laurend

Do you do wash and go's or do you twist your hair to get it curly? How long have you been fully natural? Anyway, you might try getting to know your natural hair first before putting heat on it. Working with natural hair is a process and it took me sometime before I figured out what I was doing.

Meki89

To get my hair curly I just wash it.
and I just B'Ced on the 10th so I've been 100% natural for 3days :ohwell: but I'm already bored with just wearing my hair curly.

silvergirl

To get my hair curly I just wash it.
and I just B'Ced on the 10th so I've been 100% natural for 3days :ohwell: but I'm already bored with just wearing my hair curly.

youve probably already done this, but you could start looking at some fotki album with people whove started off with twa's , thats what ive been doing the past couple of days...... err mins... :look:

E. Princess

Until you decide if you're going to use heat on your hair, here are styles that you can wear for the time being: twists/twist out, braids/braid outs, and finger coils/coil out.

HTH

RegaLady

I just loveeee Nia Long's hair. Those styles are cute!!! I am transitioning and my hair is short with relaxed ends. I am TWA, by way of relaxed ends.:perplexed I straightened my hair, but the humidity beat me to the flat iron, so I don't do this anymore.:nono: I am contemplating braids, just to keep my fingers out of it. I am currently wearing a half wig. Hopefully, these suggestions helped.:ohwell: It does get rather boring.

Meki89

SilverGirl, you already know I've been doing that. Im on a search for more styles.

Thanks Kieva, when you straighten your hair do you blow dry it then flat iron it? Your straight styles are really cute.

E.Princess I tried a twist out and it didn't come out looking like everyone else :perplexed. i'm not quite sure what a finger coil is. Is that when I just twist my hair with my finger, and it looks similar to when ppl are dreading their hair?

Redliz I might just have to try some braids myself.

E. Princess

SilverGirl, you already know I've been doing that. Im on a search for more styles.

Thanks Kieva, when you straighten your hair do you blow dry it then flat iron it? Your straight styles are really cute.

E.Princess I tried a twist out and it didn't come out looking like everyone else :perplexed. i'm not quite sure what a finger coil is. Is that when I just twist my hair with my finger, and it looks similar to when ppl are dreading their hair?

Redliz I might just have to try some braids myself.

Yes, that's a finger coil. What was wrong with your twist out? Did it not have the definition you wanted? In my fotki, I have a twist out tutorial using a different technique, if you wanted to give it a try.

Meki89

E. Princess it did not have the definition that I wanted, I will check out your Fotki and try again, it might come out better this time, thank you.

Thx seximami, I do braid, i'm going to try that style too :yep:

Ms Lala

I wore coils, twist outs, and wash n go's at that length. I really like my twist/coil outs at that length. I also slicked it down a couple of times w/gel nd sat under the dryer but that look didn't last to long

tatiana

You can do twists and braids. Your hair looks long enough to roller set with and style it into a bob. You don't have to be SL or longer to roller set.