:o( Damaged....

MACgirl2k2

Quick update..

Thanks ladies! You are the best! It was thirsty. APL , I'm on my way..

feelfree

congratulations girl!

so what exactly did you do daily to get such a quick turnaround?

details, details!

MACgirl2k2

Thank you! Thanks to yall and those wonderful tips!:yep: I clarifed my hair with VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Shampoo and Conditioner to get all the IC fantasia olive oil gel build up out. Then I used the Trader Joe's NOURISH SPA conditioner and left it on for 10 mins, then rinsed. I let my hair air dry 80% while I read my notes(midterm Tuesday:ohwell:) and finally, I sprayed my hair with ORS olive oil sheen and blew my hair straight on low setting. Then I put Carol daughter's hair milk on for moisture. That stuff smells so yummy. I didn't know they have products for chemically treated hair too. But I thank you all for taking time out to help me get my hair together. I am going to take care of it and put up those APL pictures soon as I make it. :bighug:

Jazala

I just found this thread again. I'm glad to see your hair is doing better. Your pics look great! keep up the good work :grin::grin:

wheezy807

Thank you! Thanks to yall and those wonderful tips!:yep: I clarifed my hair with VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Shampoo and Conditioner to get all the IC fantasia olive oil gel build up out. Then I used the Trader Joe's NOURISH SPA conditioner and left it on for 10 mins, then rinsed. I let my hair air dry 80% while I read my notes(midterm Tuesday:ohwell:) and finally, I sprayed my hair with ORS olive oil sheen and blew my hair straight on low setting. Then I put Carol daughter's hair milk on for moisture. That stuff smells so yummy. I didn't know they have products for chemically treated hair too. But I thank you all for taking time out to help me get my hair together. I am going to take care of it and put up those APL pictures soon as I make it. :bighug:
Girl your hair has done a 360 seems like! Awesome job! Happy Hair Growing chica!

_belle

thanks

if my name was MACgirl2k2, i would lay off da protein, including the ORS packs. many V05 conditioners contain collagen, silk protein, soy milk protein and so on. this combined with the light ORS protein, plus the lack of moisture = breakage.
this I didn't know. . . and when I ran out of my vo5, and started using my suave again, my hair condition improved. . . I didn't know vo5 was full of protien, I thought it was mostly moisturizing. . . so combining vo5 (that I thought was moisture and was realy protien) with my ors paks not a good look. . .

also, to the original poster, my hair was similar to yours and come to fine out my pH balance was off. .. I did an acv rinse, and it worked like magic.

gissellr78

are you deep conditioning? i didn't see that on your list.

ORS conditioner for just washing...Do you leave it on for a while?

MACgirl2k2

Thanks ladies. I am deep conditioning with aphogee. It worked pretty well. I hope I can keep this up. I will take new pics this weekend.

poookie

I wash my hair with shampoo every 2 weeks
Co wash 1x a week
I use ORS no lye relaxer evey three months
ORS repleminshing pak with the co wash
When I dry my hair, I let it dry 80% and then blowdry it with fantasia IC heat protectant (pink bottle)
I wear braids or weaves to keep my hands and my students hands out of my hair.

That's about it...

hmm... i'm thinking that the bolded may be the cause of some of your damage. when i blow-dry, i start on very, very damp hair. i'll use a towel to blot out the drips, then apply leave-in conditioner, then blow-dry using serum on each section. m

i used to be an ORS lye girl, and the instructions on the box say to wait until the hair is 80% dry, then blow-dry. but for me, that caused a TON of breakage. the wetter your hair is, the easier it is to pass a comb through it, so i get very little to no breakage when i blow-dry on extremely wet hair.

it's sort of like this: they say it is a very bad idea to manipulate air-dried hair; that's just asking for breakage. so wouldn't drying up to 80% be a bad idea, too?

MACgirl2k2

I'm going to try my best not to titan. If I can help it. The shedding is driving me nuts.

Dang...I never thought about that pookie. Maybe that is it. Every time I blowdry I have a ton of short hairs on the floor and when I wash my hair I lose hair too. I'm trying to a find a salon to go to. Maybe I need to stop self relaxing.