Oct 2017 What Did You Buy This Week?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Happy October PJ's, Occasional PJ's, Wanna-be PJ's, Minimalist and everybody in-between!:wave:

It's October! x2 more Months Left in 2017.

I noticed yesterday folks are already setting up Sales to grab those Coins before Grey Thursday, BF, CM so stay alert for the "Best Deals"

So....Ladies What Did YOU Buy This Week?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
@flyygirlll2 Cool Sesa is next on my try list :yep: I see a lot of ppl like it as a pre-poo. Will you post a review once you try it?

I saw that nupur henna today, I read so many good things about it :yep: but it was in a HUGE 1kg bag...I will try once I use up my current henna stash.

Its my first time with moringa, thinking about adding it to my oil infusions.

maxineshaw

:yay::yay: ***Jamaican dancehall sirens*** :yay::yay:

View attachment 412613

I know y'all understand :giggle:
So you think...:drunk:

How is the sift on the powders? I want to get back into Ayurvedic powders-specifically shikakai and neem. However, the last time I bought some it was a bit grainy. Had some twigs in it to. The brand I bought was Hesh. I have never used the brand you have before.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@flyygirlll2 Cool Sesa is next on my try list :yep: I see a lot of ppl like it as a pre-poo. Will you post a review once you try it?

I saw that nupur henna today, I read so many good things about it :yep: but it was in a HUGE 1kg bag...I will try once I use up my current henna stash.

Its my first time with moringa, thinking about adding it to my oil infusions.

Yes, I’ll post a review once I try it. I used the Nupur to do a henna gloss and my hair felt amazingly soft yet strengthened once I finished. I didn’t even follow up with a DC because my hair felt that good.

beautyaddict1913

I just ordered from naturally curly! Free shipping and 30% off!
Elucence Shampoo (this is an accomplishment because I've had it on my to try list for at least 4 years. I just never actually put it on my radar to purchase)
Camille Rose Cocoa Nibs Growth Serum (y'all know I'm thirsty for growth)
Camille Rose Curl Maker (I heard its better than my holy grail UFD Curly Magic. I will see)
Alikay growth oil (once again im pressed for growth lol)
UFD Curly Magic (holy grail)

I've been working out and eating right and taking all the vitamins and drinking all the water lately for hair growth. As if me needing to get my weight under control wasn't motivation enough lol. But ya know however the lort leads lol!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I just ordered from naturally curly! Free shipping and 30% off!
Elucence Shampoo (this is an accomplishment because I've had it on my to try list for at least 4 years. I just never actually put it on my radar to purchase)
Camille Rose Cocoa Nibs Growth Serum (y'all know I'm thirsty for growth)
Camille Rose Curl Maker (I heard its better than my holy grail UFD Curly Magic. I will see)
Alikay growth oil (once again im pressed for growth lol)
UFD Curly Magic (holy grail)

I've been working out and eating right and taking all the vitamins and drinking all the water lately for hair growth. As if me needing to get my weight under control wasn't motivation enough lol. But ya know however the lort leads lol!

Hey, lady! :wave:

How does the UFD Curly Magic do you hair? Does it make it crunchy/caste-y?

I ask because the best wng I ever got in the salon was with Curly Magic, but I couldn't get success with it at home. And while Curl Maker is awesome for me, it's more moisturizing than hold-providing. I feel like an average of the two would be the perfect product, and that sometimes KCCC (Kinky Curly Curling Custard) acts like that average on MY hair, and sometimes it doesn't. (It's annoying, lol).

I'll look forward to your comparative review of the Curly Magic and the Curl Maker. :yep:

beautyaddict1913

Hey, lady! :wave:

How does the UFD Curly Magic do you hair? Does it make it crunchy/caste-y?

I ask because the best wng I ever got in the salon was with Curly Magic, but I couldn't get success with it at home. And while Curl Maker is awesome for me, it's more moisturizing than hold-providing. I feel like an average of the two would be the perfect product, and that sometimes KCCC (Kinky Curly Curling Custard) acts like that average on MY hair, and sometimes it doesn't. (It's annoying, lol).

I'll look forward to your comparative review of the Curly Magic and the Curl Maker. :yep:

Heyyyy hunny!! I can totally relate to the KCCC being mediocre at times. Well hit or miss. My issue was that it was trial and error with the leave ins when it came to KCCC. It didn't pair well with all leave ins - white residue. UFD didn't discriminate. I can use it with any leave in and with any hairstyle from a bun to a twist out to a wash and go and it would do me right. It's only a little crunchy if you use wayyyy too much. Other than that it leaves my hair very soft and defined.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Heyyyy hunny!! I can totally relate to the KCCC being mediocre at times. Well hit or miss. My issue was that it was trial and error with the leave ins when it came to KCCC. It didn't pair well with all leave ins - white residue. UFD didn't discriminate. I can use it with any leave in and with any hairstyle from a bun to a twist out to a wash and go and it would do me right. It's only a little crunchy if you use wayyyy too much. Other than that it leaves my hair very soft and defined.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm actually looking for a little crunch.

I'm trying to figure out how to shellac my hair for strong hold, for several reasons: For occasional wng ponytails when I'm just rushed and gotta do it. And for deep wave curlformer sets. I need my coily, super elastic, super coily, 4a pen-sized coils to stay laid out in those curlformers.

And your words above make me feel SO MUCH BETTER about my issues with KCCC and its snobby "I only want KCKT" ways and general finickiness. :smile: :kiss: Thanks!

I've been putting my huge bottle of Curly Magic on one of the boys' heads. Let me move it back to our bathroom to remind myself to try it again.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer

This is my first Aphogee purchase. It has been mentioned all over LHCF, by hipo-hair-having people . . . people who say it's been critical in their ability to finally figure their hair out . . . people who heat straighten successfully . . . etc.

I'm looking at the synthetic ingredients in the ingredients list like :pray: "please just work with my hair this one time, please!"