OCT & Protein Treatments

kjeneen

I've recently ordered my first bottle of OCT (which should arrive later this afternoon). Anywho, my hair has been shedding and breaking a tad due to moisture overload, so I was thinking to do a protein treatment this evening (with Nexxus Emergencee) and possibly start my OCT on Sunday.

Do you think this will cause protein overload????

snillohsss

it depends on how your hair reacts to protein.

I use it on my scalp directly...no mixing...every night. My hair likes protein, but I balance it very well with moisture.

I also grease my scalp with carefree curl for moisture balance..and deep condition with heat twice a week.

kjeneen

it depends on how your hair reacts to protein.

I use it on my scalp directly...no mixing...every night. My hair likes protein, but I balance it very well with moisture.

I also grease my scalp with carefree curl for moisture balance..and deep condition with heat twice a week.

Thanks snilloh. I have started with the same reggie (applying directly on my scalp without mixing) and I must say, I am a little bothered by how dry my hair and scalp feel afterwards, not to mention the fact that shedding has seemed to increase even after only ONE treatment. But they say that the first week is the hardest with shedding.

I will be certain to oil my scalp during the day and kick-up my moisturizers. Perhaps this would be a good time to try that Rusk Smoother everyone is raving about.:rolleyes: