October 2015: Hits & Misses

CodeRed

Initial hit: Nairobi Humecta Sil

I used it yesterday but I got rained on a bit today and my hair is still soft :) I used this years ago and liked it... It's going to be a permanent in my stash along with the KeraCare Humecto.

julzinha

Initial hit: Nairobi Humecta Sil

I used it yesterday but I got rained on a bit today and my hair is still soft :) I used this years ago and liked it... It's going to be a permanent in my stash along with the KeraCare Humecto.
KeraCare Humecto seems to be the most loved DC by every texlaxed and relaxed woman around.

all_1_length

Continued Hits:

Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
Cream of Nature Argan Oil Perfect 7 in 1 Leave in Treatment
Cream of Nature Argan Oil Gloss and Shine Polisher
Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask
Flat Ironing my hair again:D

New Hit:

Tropical Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil with Coconut oil - much lighter than straight up JBCO and I get to use my coconut oil and JBCO at the same time. This really helps me with moisture retention.

Misses/Discontinued:

Moisturize and seal or LOC Method really wasn't worth all the product build up/grief and I still had breakage. The only feasible way I could see it working was if I moisturized more than once a day and I ain't got time for that.:( Now I DC with every wash, use a really moisturizing leave in and seal with uh..oh.. get ready for it cones.

If my hair starts feeling dry I'll hit it with some JBCO and KIM.:cool:

NaturallyATLPCH

A few misses so far this month:
Camille Rose Algae DC-this used to be creamy and moisturizing. Not sure what happened to the consistency since I bought it four years ago
Jessicurl Spiralicious-made my hair feel coated, plus the liquid seemed to be separating. Not sure that effected the product's performance, but it was an overall miss

On the fence: APB Refresher Spray
I'm not sure if it's doing anything for my hair. I like the Mango Daily Spritz better.

InBloom

In my new-growth
Hit

Vadik Brahmi/Amla Oil.

Used as a prepoo and then a tiny amount after my hair is styled. I like this oil so far. Softer hair, less shedding, and seems to help combat breakage as I wrap my hair for the night. I'm next going to try letting it sit in my hair overnight, then wash in the morning. The smell is tough, but worth it. I'm going to exclusively use this oil for a while to see what kind of results I get from extended use. The base of this brand is Sesame Seed oil as opposed to other brands that use mineral oil...

blackeyes31626

Miss: Cantu curl activator cream
I knew it was gonna be a miss when I put it in my hands.
My hair was slightly moisturized before I applied it but it left my hair coated and stiff.
plus it smelled awful smh couldn't wait to get home and wash it out. smh
*looking for my darn receipt*

Anaisin

Hits:

Camille Rose Fresh Curl
Camille Rose Aloe Whipped Butter Gel
Camille Rose Curl Maker
Tresemme Perfectly Undone as pre poo on dry hair then sitting under my soft bonnet dryer
Blue Roze Beauty Strawberry DC (used the same was as Tresemme Undone)
My new hair routine for my heat & colored damaged hair
Finally trying Camille Rose, an on the ground line and loving it
Hydroquench Strawberry Lime Cleanser

Miss:

My Blue Roze Beauty stylers spoiling
Using a comb or brush

NaturallyATLPCH

@NaturallyATLPCH
If you use the Camille Rose Algae again, try saturating your hair with water first. Sometimes I even spray my hair with water after applying.
I think the water helps the application and moisturization a little because it is SO thick and buttery

I guess with this new consistency, I will do this. I just really wish it was the thick, smooth, creamy consistency it was back in 2011 when I fell in love with it.
Thanks for the suggestion @myronnie !