October 2016: Hits & Misses

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit:
Komaza Pona. Omg. I applied it to my scalp and rubbed it in. Felt soooo good. Gave my son a bath and washed it out maybe 25 minutes later after applying clay mask and scrubbing some more. My scalp feel amazing. It stopped itching and feels eerily calm. I have not had this feeling in YEARS. I'm going to use weekly but I'll use less next time. Definitely will re-up when I'm halfway through.

Continued Hits:
Neutral Protein Filler
Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner
MHC Type 4
SD WGBC

Miss:
This No Buy Pass..... Naughty Girl.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
@rileypak @flyygirlll2
What's this with Ya'll and this CurlLuxe? Ya'll didn't even tell me about it!:fishslap:

:look: I only have the leave-in :curtain:

It's very light but still packs a moisturizing punch. Doesn't elongate my coils as much since it's light in texture but it's still a hit so far. I wouldn't recommend it if you want good stretch but my hair is super soft and moisturized.

It caused some HIH syndrome - I tugged and twirled my twists all week
:badgirl:

Aggie

HIT but not a repurchase:

Terrene Fusions Ultra Rich Mango Deep Conditioner. This was very moisturizing and softened my hair quite a bit but not quite as good as Naturelle Grow Mango & Coconut and the marshmallow deep Conditioner. I will just stick with NG since I am trying to cut out some product lines from my repurchase list.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Listen missy! I don't need you talmbout stuff to make me add another line to my already long list of hair product brands I already have :nono2:

@Aggie
IKR?

It's funny because both @flyygirlll2 and @rileypak mentioned this line today. Used different products from this line and gave it great reviews.

I've never heard of it.:look:

When I go on Hattache if I don't recognize the Brand I keep it moving. I do look at Crown and some of those UK Brands if I recognize the name.

Aggie

Another HIT but probably not a repurchase because of the reason above:

Terrene Fusions Mango Shea Cocoa Moisturizing Hair Lotion. This smells awesome with subtle scents of the mango and coconut, but not overpowering. It feels awesome on my hair and truthfully, I might repurchase this one - it feels that moisturizing and softening on my hair.

Last edited:

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
Hits: Plain old Apple cider vinegar :love2: I did a rinse this morning and it significantly helped correct my mushy over conditioned hair! :meme: I just wish it wasn't so stinky lol

Miss: Naturellegrow Sweet Plantain leave in conditioner. I wanted to like this product so badly because I'm in love with her brand :cry: but this just caused my hair to become frizzy and gross :oops: it would probably be nice for someone with low porosity hair.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hits: Plain old Apple cider vinegar :love2: I did a rinse this morning and it significantly helped correct my mushy over conditioned hair! :meme: I just wish it wasn't so stinky lol

Miss: Naturellegrow Sweet Plantain leave in conditioner. I wanted to like this product so badly because I'm in love with her brand :cry: but this just caused my hair to become frizzy and gross :oops: it would probably be nice for someone with low porosity hair.

The NG SP leave-in did nothing for me, either. After the DC was amazing, I was hoping to rely largely on this line. I purchased several products. Only the DCs work for me. :smile: I don't know what to do with all this other product.

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
The NG SP leave-in did nothing for me, either. After the DC was amazing, I was hoping to rely largely on this line. I purchased several products. Only the DCs work for me. :smile: I don't know what to do with all this other product.

I'm so mad I bought a 16oz :hot: she sent two 8oz bottles so I might pass the unopened bottle off to my cousin or something. And that's how I feel about her line too lol so I might stick with only buying her deep conditioners.

Her spritzers come in handy when I want my hair to smell good going out or when I'm in braids, but that's about it.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm so mad I bought a 16oz :hot: she sent two 8oz bottles so I might pass the unopened bottle off to my cousin or something. And that's how I feel about her line too lol so I might stick with only buying her deep conditioners.

Her spritzers come in handy when I want my hair to smell good going out or when I'm in braids, but that's about it.

^^^ Same here. The DCs are great, but the rest of the inventory from the line was ineffective garbage. I just stick to the DCs and skip everything else.

Yeah. That was a VERY sad discovery for me. Husband was already side-eyeing me over all the hair product purchasing I was doing. (I ramped it up because these were my last ditch efforts before returning to relaxing my hair). I convinced him I knew what I was doing with purchasing lots of NG products. I explained that they were by the maker of the amazing DCs I'd been using.

Sigh. The detangling conditioners and leave-in conditioners and cleansing conditioners might as well be body lotion. :( They do zero for my hair. I don't even know if I should donate them to the women's shelter. One of the saddest hauls I've ever done. I will always buy her DCs, though, as long as the formula stays the same.

Every shower and every view of my two hair product cabinets puts those purchases right back to mind. Gives me a very sad feeling. I want that dough back to use on other products. :sad:

At least my money went to a black woman.

AgeinATL

Retired Hit:
SM purification mask. I had one last jar. I will miss having this in my stash :cry3: but as my hair gets longer, I can only get 1 use per jar and since Shea Moisture busy breaking down walls :rolleyes:, there won't be any BOGO free sales anytime soon for me to restock. Hoping that the Soultanicals detox mask performs similarly.