October 2016: Hits & Misses

Beany

Hit: my mom receiving her Sarenzo creamy oil and loving it

Miss: my sister, my sister's friend, and cousin all also loving it and my sister telling me she's gonna steal it from our mom :lachen:

I'm gonna buy a couple more and send them down there smh.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Hit: Suave everlasting sunshine to cowash and detangle. Super slippy, was able to fully detangle in about 10 minutes, even with crappy water pressure. Doesn't leave my hair feeling coated.

Miss: The shower at my grandparents house. Low water pressure, small tub/shower. I bumped into the wall every 2 seconds and the shower curtain kept sticking to me. No bueno!!

Forever a hit: Garnier Fructis sleek n shine leave-in cream. Forever bae. Tis all.

RUBY

Retired Hit:
SM purification mask. I had one last jar. I will miss having this in my stash :cry3: but as my hair gets longer, I can only get 1 use per jar and since Shea Moisture busy breaking down walls :rolleyes:, there won't be any BOGO free sales anytime soon for me to restock. Hoping that the Soultanicals detox mask performs similarly.

I used the SM JBCO masque for the first time recently and I near enough used half the jar and my hair ain't even thick. Now when I think about it the same happened when I used the purification masque for the firsts time too. Seems that it's real easy to use a lot of their runnier masque in one sitting. And that is very expensive.

AgeinATL

I used the SM JBCO masque for the first time recently and I near enough used half the jar and my hair ain't even thick. Now when I think about it the same happened when I used the purification masque for the firsts time too. Seems that it's real easy to use a lot of their runnier masque in one sitting. And that is very expensive.

Girl, THIS! I can no longer justify spending that for one use. 3 uses, sure. But one, naw.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit:
V.05 Shea Protein and Warm Vanilla Conditioner. The best dollar I ever spent. The "main selling ingredients" are the same as Kanechom Shea and Brazilian Keratin that I love but haven't repurchased. I cleansed, left the conditioner in for 5 minutes (the directions just say leave in as desired) and rinsed. No hard hair, no tangles, no funny business. Just soft hair. This one was hard for me to find but now I'll have to get a few more.

Watching a Naptural video that taught me some good techniques for a better WNG.

Hopeful Hit:
Sarenzo Hair Jelly. Flaxseed gel-like consistency and texture but not as thick. The smell is nice (Caramel Apple) but doesn't linger. Provides hold light enough for good definition and seals in moisture as well as not drying my hair out.

Continued Hits:
APB Cleansing Conditioner
QB MTDG

Miss:
Not finding my diffuser attachement

princess_z

Miss: Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner.

Applied it as my leave in after my last wash day and it did nothing. Used it last night when I did the GHE. Didn't like the outcome. I will say it seems to work good on dry hair, but usually I apply my leave in on damp hair after washing my hair or I use it when I do the GHE at night. My leave in really has to be versatile and this just isn't. It also didn't help define my curls or help with frizz. Wouldn't buy again.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hit: After side-parting and pulling out bangs, I put my wet hair in a low-hanging ponytail (puff) to partially air dry for my wash and go. Have not loved my hair like this in a loooooong time. Love it! I styled it with the SM CES and CRN Curl Maker mixture that the natural-haired lady in the store raved about.

HUMONGOUS MISS: Steamer arrived today a bit before my birthday and . . .
It is missing the stand (pipe) and all screws. It is therefore unusable.

Aggie

Hit: After side-parting and pulling out bangs, I put my wet hair in a low-hanging ponytail (puff) to partially air dry for my wash and go. Have not loved my hair like this in a loooooong time. Love it! I styled it with the SM CES and CRN Curl Maker mixture that the natural-haired lady in the store raved about.

HUMONGOUS MISS: Steamer arrived today a bit before my birthday and . . .
It is missing the stand (pipe) and all screws. It is therefore unusable.

You're returning it right?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
You're returning it right?

I emailed the seller to see if I could get the parts. If not, back it goes.

I've been wanting to post a congratulations post to you about being on Day 20. I've been trying to post less, but this gives me the perfect opportunity:

Aggggiiiiiiieeeeeeeee! I am sooooooo impressed by you! Go, Aggie! Get your save on.

You have been so incredibly disciplined. I think I'm gonna be able to be like you now that my Komaza protein is on the way and now that I've ordered Jakeala.

I think. :look: :smile:

Much love, Aggie. I hope you are still enjoying your bday month and that whenever you DO make your next purchase, it will have been worth the wait.

Aggie

I emailed the seller to see if I could get the parts. If not, back it goes.

I've been wanting to post a congratulations post to you about being on Day 20. I've been trying to post less, but this gives me the perfect opportunity:

Aggggiiiiiiieeeeeeeee! I am sooooooo impressed by you! Go, Aggie! Get your save on.

You have been so incredibly disciplined. I think I'm gonna be able to be like you now that my Komaza protein is on the way and now that I've ordered Jakeala.

I think. :look: :smile:

Much love, Aggie. I hope you are still enjoying your bday month and that whenever you DO make your next purchase, it will have been worth the wait.
Aww, you are so sweet @YvetteWithJoy :kiss:. Yes I am still enjoying my birth month and trying my absolute best to complete this month without a hair product purchase. Day 21 and still counting...:yep:

ms.blue

Miss: When purchasing a product and was offered two different types of free shipping methods so I picked priority but the company sends it through first class mail :mad:. Then the company prints out the shipping label saying the item was shipped on Monday when in fact, the item wasn't shipped until Tuesday night.:mad: With the expected delivery that was due yesterday but the tracking number hasn't been updated since Wednesday.
My initial experience with the company although minor, doesn't make me want to even purchase from the company again even if my hair "likes" the product.

ms.blue

@ms.blue
Gurl....That's one of those "On-Line Vendors" thread stories.:eek:

I know the feeling. Seems like you should be refunded the price for Priority vs 1st Class.
I wish could but I didn't pay for shipping. My thing is why offer both types of "free" shipping if you (the company) is just going to use the cheaper shipping method? It's just annoying honestly...