October 2016: Hits & Misses

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Hit and Miss: Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle.

My hair was frizz free and shiny with awesome braidout definition...but my hair was also sticky. This would be a definite hit if I can figure out how much to use.

I totally agree.
I love it for controlling frizz on my twists but I still haven't figured out the right amount yet to cut down on the stickiness either.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Possible Hit:
Cream and Coco Sugar Spun Reconstructor. Very smooth and goes on nicely. Smells delicious. I was a bit heavy handed but it does go on smooth and absorbs nicely. I applied it first, then applied NG Vanilla Fig and it worked out very nicely. Gave it an excellent boost and felt nice washing out.

More than likely Miss:
Naturelle Grow Vanilla Fig. Used it last week with steam and it was nice but wasn't great. Used it today and it was way better. It has too much Avocado oil. That's a big no-no. I'll finish out the jar, maybe, but no repurchase here.

KinkyGenius

HIT
Carols Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Calming Tension Spray

Had crochet braids in for over 2 months and this was my saving grace. This + Hairveda's Jardin Conditioning Oil kept my hair moisturized and scalp itch free; no build up either. Definitely my go-to when I'm in crochet braids from here on out.

Aggie

Major Hit:

4 Bella Naturale Flaxseed Curl Defining Gel (Hibiscus Flower) from etsy - Lawd this is so good on my hair. It gave me really popping and defined curls with a wonderful hold as well and no flakes whatsoever. I used it to bun my hair but it would be amazing as a wash and go gel as well. Just spray some refresher spray to soften and it's good to go for another day :yep:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hit:
The soft, completely crunch-freel hold of the Komaza Aloe My Hair Styling Gel

Miss:
The white dust that just fell from my hair when I touched it pulled/shaped it just now (8 or so hours after initial application, completely dried)

Hit:
Purchasing JUST the sample size of the Komaza Aloe My Hair Styling Gel to ride along in the mail with the Komaza Protein Hair Strengthener

Miss:
Categorizing 30 products in my 3-year-old stash as "hardly being used at the moment"

Hit:
Devising a plan to prioritize products for trial so that I can move at least 10 of the 30 to the "to be donated" category by November 30th.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Continued Hits
-CRN almond jai twisting butter
-APB refresher spray
-APB green powerhouse oil
-Netwurks 21
-Yerba concentrate
-hiding my hair

Misses
-This cold arse weather
-sleeping on my back (think it's causing some breakage although I wear a bonnet)
-slacking on my vitamins (I feel the difference in my hair and body)

gorgeoushair

Hit and Miss: Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle.

My hair was frizz free and shiny with awesome braidout definition...but my hair was also sticky. This would be a definite hit if I can figure out how much to use.

Mine was too! This is my first wash n go! I used it with Cantu Shine & Define Custard. I also have flakes! I don't know from which product. I also don't know if it's from using too much or what!

Anaisin

Mine was too! This is my first wash n go! I used it with Cantu Shine & Define Custard. I also have flakes! I don't know from which product. I also don't know if it's from using too much or what!

Cantu custard flakes terribly. I know I used too much for my wash n go but even when I used a little to smooth my bun it was flaky. The curling souffle doesn't flake, it's just sticky for my hair if I use too much

Smiley79

HIT
I love trying those sample packets at the end of the BSS aisle. So I finally got around to trying this one from Dr. Miracles. I absolutely the tingling feel on my scalp; the conditioner is quite moisturizing, yet it left my hair feeling strengthened at the same time. Once I'm done using up my stash of products, I will def pick up a bottle of this.

HIT

I think I like this more than As I Am Cowash; this cowash left my hair hydrated vs As I Am can leave my hair feeling stripped.

Last edited: