October 2017: Hits & Misses

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hit & Miss:
Texture Me Naturals Henna & Amla Deep Conditioner

Hit:
It's full of Ayurvedic ingredients (as most of her products) - BAQ, Amla, Shikakai, Bhringraj, Brahmi, Hibiscus, Neem.

Miss:
Not sure what it's suppose to do.:ohwell: I used it as a DC'er and this week I used it as a Pre-Rx (on dry hair) and it performed the exact same way.:nono:

beautyaddict1913

Hits:
Pooka pure and simple butter (omg I have slept on this for years. It is the only thing that has made my hair soft and moisturized lately)

Doing gradual trims on my hair. I have been trimming every few days as I could not bear to cut the 6 or more inches that was needed from some sections in my hair. My hair is looking fuller and fuller. That’s how I transitioned too. Over time. I have to have all the bad ends out by the end of the week though as I will be protective styling for the next few weeks.

Sarenzo quinoa protein treatment (I finally found another holy grail protein! Claudie’s has been my only one for years!)

Miss:
Lottabody hold me custard. It left residue in my hair. I only used it around my edges. If it did that to my edges I can only imagine what it would do to my whole head if I used it for a braid out or as a full styler. I may give it another try before I toss it. It was only like $4 or $5.

beautyaddict1913

Hit & Miss:
Texture Me Naturals Henna & Amla Deep Conditioner

Hit:
It's full of Ayurvedic ingredients (as most of her products) - BAQ, Amla, Shikakai, Bhringraj, Brahmi, Hibiscus, Neem.

Miss:
Not sure what it's suppose to do.:ohwell: I used it as a DC'er and this week I used it as a Pre-Rx (on dry hair) and it performed the exact same way.:nono:

What did it do?

beautyaddict1913

@flyygirlll2
I saw the Ashiest One Yesterday dipping into her's proudly sitting on her Desk.:look:

She is the one that buys Family Dollar Lotion and ALL things generic and off-brand.

Both Ashy's got the nerve to work in the same Department. I think Ashy #2 took hers home.

If she would have left her's there Ashy #1 probably would have been using Ashy #2 because she's a cheapskate.

All things generic and off brand lol!! Girlllll I can’t stand folks like that!! Got a whole job and acting like they’re in the projects somewhere lol. All products are not created equal!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Wait what? Haha I think I'm missing part of this convo
@imaginary
I was asking you what was that Blow-D.ryer you posted where you said: "Best Bl.ow Dryer Ever" :drunk:

I was asking you the brand name (but studied the picture until I found it):eek:

But please give a Review since you said it was "The "Best Ever":yep: (ease of use, what did you put on your hair prior to blo.w drying etc....)

imaginary

@imaginary
I was asking you what was that Blow-D.ryer you posted where you said: "Best Bl.ow Dryer Ever" :drunk:

I was asking you the brand name (but studied the picture until I found it):eek:

But please give a Review since you said it was "The "Best Ever":yep: (ease of use, what did you put on your hair prior to blo.w drying etc....)

I think you mixed me up with @IronButterfly :lachen:. You really had me trying to remember when I called my dryer the best and formulating an apology. That dryer does look interesting though :giggle:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I think you mixed me up with @IronButterfly :lachen:. You really had me trying to remember when I called my dryer the best and formulating an apology. That dryer does look interesting though :giggle:
@imaginary
Ohhhh Ooooo So Sorry Sis.:kiss:

I hope @IronButterfly comes in here and tells us about this Bl.ow D.ryer:laugh: Come up in here talmbout "Best Ever" and then Exits!:laugh:

IronButterfly

@imaginary
Ohhhh Ooooo So Sorry Sis.:kiss:

I hope @IronButterfly comes in here and tells us about this Bl.ow D.ryer:laugh: Come up in here talmbout "Best Ever" and then Exits!:laugh:

:lachen:Ya'll have me rolling!!!!

Well, thanks to @YvetteWithJoy I acquired this long armed blow dryer for myself and finally got around to using it. You use it like a brush. My hair was left soft instead of cardboard dry. Out of my entire head, about five hairs snagged which is considerably less than using the blow dryer attachment with teeth or using that flat iron brush. I have a blow dryer glove and even that snags my hair. So, yeah, this contraption here is the best blow dryer I have ever used. Evaaaahhhhh!

Lescolton One Step Dryer & Styler Hot Air Paddle Brush | Negative Ion Generator Hair Straightener For All Hair Types | Eliminate Frizzing, Tangled Hair & Knots, Promote Healthy & Shiny Hair Locks

Last edited:

NaturallyATLPCH

Miss: The Mane Choice Egyptian Collection Leave In and Twisting gel
These smelled amazing but I was not amazed. The leave in didn't have that much slip. So back to Sally's they go. I've been in the natural game long enough to have zero patience, it better give me a good first impression or it's going back to the store :lachen:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:lachen:Ya'll have me rolling!!!! Well, thanks to I acquired this long armed blow dryer for myself and finally got around to using it. You use it like a brush. My hair was left soft instead of cardboard dry. Out of my entire head, about five hairs snagged which is considerably less than using the blow dryer attachment with teeth or using that flat iron brush. I have a blow dryer glove and even that snags my hair. So, yeah, this contraption here is the best blow dryer I have ever used. Evaaaahhhhh!
@IronButterfly
Girl, I was squinting up one eye tryna' read the name on the side. :eek: ..:giggle: Putting it under a 200 Watt Bulb etc...

Okay Gurl.....So what did you put on your hair? Any Kind of Heat Protection, Blow Dry Creme?

Thank you!:kiss:

ETA: Is there a Heat Gauge?

Last edited:

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Hit: Other members of my hospital team telling me they could tell my hair was long despite it being in a bun. I have finally reached the goal I set in 2013 when I started paying attention to my hair. I have a cute, professional protective style that I can wear out and it's easy to do.

IronButterfly

@IronButterfly
Girl, I was squinting up one eye tryna' read the name on the side. :eek: ..:giggle: Putting it under a 200 Watt Bulb etc...

Okay Gurl.....So what did you put on your hair? Any Kind of Heat Protection, Blow Dry Creme?

Thank you!:kiss:

ETA: Is there a Heat Gauge?
No heat gauge. Just cool, warm, and hot. I used the warm setting. I shampooed, deep conditioned (all Joico products) and as my leave in I used Redken anti-snap on top of the Joico balm heat protector (forget the name). Then on top of that I used Carol's Daughter chocolate blow dry cream (which I normally hate!).
Since my ends snag no matter what, I made sure I went over them first with a comb and Denman.
Then starting at the ends, I used the blow dryer. I think next time I'll use less product, but all in all, it was great experience.

IronButterfly

@IronButterfly
:goodpost:

Very Nice Review.

Thank You Sis. Placed My Order.:giggle:

Will keep your tips in mind.:kiss:

What Product(s) would you eliminate next time?

No probs. Hope you like it as much as I do. I'm not sure what I will eliminate next time. I was actually trying to recreate one of the Glamtwinz's routine's, but I need to create my own, especially since my hair is finer, kinkier and thinner than theirs. I normally don't blow dry my hair because of the stiffness and issues with my ends. But with this here new brush thingy :2inlove:, I'm thinking of doing it more often. The warm setting should keep heat damage at bay.