October 2018: Hits & Misses

Aggie

The last few things I've gotten from her have been very middle of the road. My hair used to love her stuff.
Sometimes spreading yourself too thin with far too many product options can cause problems for a business. I know for sure, I can't keep up with all the stuff that comes up with many vendors. I settle on what I like and that's it. I am seriously not interested in trying out 50-11 leave-ins, 50-11 creams, DCs, etc, etc. You get my point.

I noticed that Naturelle Grow scaled wayyy back on offering too many products and I keep going back to her stuff that works. She pretty much eliminated the stuff that does not sell as well and she's perfected what she does offer. I can deal with that.

I left Soultanicals a long time ago because there were just far far too many options that left me super confused. So I just decided, I'll just let that one go and many others afterwards. The Mane Choice was one of them and so was Shea Moisture that I left as well for the same reason.

I'm a product junkie but even I have limits on how much stuff I want to actually have in my house. Hoarding is actually a very ugly and disturbing habit to me now. I had to gain some control over the number of vendors I was ordering from.

Now, if I can only get a grip on controlling how many wigs I buy :scratchchin:. Heaven knows I have enough for at least 2 years. My synthetic wigs don't last very long unfortunately. After a few weeks of continuous wear, I have to throw them out since they tend to look a hot mess. I already threw 2 out this week alone.

Last edited:

oneastrocurlie

Sometimes spreading yourself too thin with far too many product options can cause problems for a business. I know for sure, I can't keep up with all the stuff that comes up with many vendors. I settle on what I like and that's it. I am seriously not interested in trying out 50-11 leave-ins, 50-11 creams, DCs, etc, etc. You get my point.

I noticed that Naturelle Grow scaled wayyy back on offering too many products and I keep going back to her stuff that works. She pretty much eliminated the stuff that does not sell as well and perfect what she does offer. I can deal with that.

I left Soultanicals a long time ago because there were just far far too many options that left me super confused. So I just decided, I'll just let that one go and many others afterwards. The Mane Choice was one of them and so was Shea Moisture that I left as well for the same reason.

I'm a product junkie but even I have limits on how much stuff I want to actually have in my house. Hoarding is actually a very ugly and disturbing habit to me now. I had to gain some control over the number of vendors I was ordering from.

Now, if I can only get a grip on controlling how many wigs I buy :scratchchin:. Heaven knows I have enough for at least 2 years. My synthetic wigs don't last very long unfortunately. After a few weeks of continuous wear, I have to them throw out since they tend to look a hot mess. I already threw 2 out this week alone.

Soultanicals is another good example. I have tried a few of her items. Most are middle of the road. One item I like but not enough to keep ordering online.

I too am a product junkie but I still want stellar products not so-so or meh products. Or i'll keep it moving and trying stuff like a true junkie lol.

If anything I'm trying things from different lines not the 1,001 products from the same line.

Aggie

Soultanicals is another good example. I have tried a few of her items. Most are middle of the road. One item I like but not enough to keep ordering online.

I too am a product junkie but I still want stellar products not so-so or meh products. Or i'll keep it moving and trying stuff like a true junkie lol.

If anything I'm trying things from different lines not the 1,001 products from the same line.
Agreed. I do have a habit of purchasing multiples of a product I really really like though, so I totally understand about desiring products that deliver stellar results. I can't win for losing this battle of the hair products :lol:.

LonDone

PS May 2017-???
(Continued) hit Keracare Overnight Moisturizing Treatment - it's the smallest and priciest item I use but worth its weight in gold - especially during and after straightening (no glycerine) and on wet hair post-wash before using other products, it stops airdried hair becoming crispy.

Sarabellam

Product hits: rice water both fresh and fermented.

Not sure if I’ll keep it in regular rotation but it will be my go to for one particular situation. Rice water is a great balancing treatment that also slightly assists in detangling for those days when I know I have more tangles. My other fav treatments (henna, aphogee) require my hair to be at a certain level of detangled in order to avoid frustration during the process.

Vendor hits:
Cvs.com
Don’t sleep on cvs! They carry J.r. Liggetts shampoo bars plus all the natural products you normally see instore. Usually they have some promotion going on to make shipping free and or discount products. They currently have 30% off and free shipping on all orders when you use 30freeship making my order significantly cheaper than amazon!