October 2020: Hits & Misses

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
Mega Hit: hair gummy vitamins off Amazon (30 day supply <$10) they are tasty and hard to say “effective” given I’m doing so many things that have given me results. One big plus is that they’re inexpensive and tasty. It’s been a lot easier keeping up with my supplements since I look forward to taking these.
Biotin Hair Gummy Vitamins 5000 mcg, Vitamin C & E to Support Hair Growth, Premium Pectin-Based, Non-GMO, Supports Strong, Healthy Hair & Nails - Blue Berry Supplement - 60 Gummies

werenumber2

Mega hits:

Revlon One-Step Paddle Dryer - I couldn’t believe how quick and easy it was to blow out my hair with this thing!

Nature’s Little Secret Irish Moss Styling Cream -what is this sorcery?? I used nothing else but APB Refresher Spray underneath and my hair was PLUSH with chunky defined curls all over the place. I probably could have used sliiiiightly more hold so I might try to layer a bit of the Doux mousse over it

janaq2003

Mega hits:

Revlon One-Step Paddle Dryer - I couldn’t believe how quick and easy it was to blow out my hair with this thing!

Nature’s Little Secret Irish Moss Styling Cream -what is this sorcery?? I used nothing else but APB Refresher Spray underneath and my hair was PLUSH with chunky defined curls all over the place. I probably could have used sliiiiightly more hold so I might try to layer a bit of the Doux mousse over it

I got this last year and it is truly amazing!

cocopuff

Mega hits:

I just ordered one of these, it should be here in a couple of days. My wash day is coming up and, seeing how trying it has been to blow dry my own hair with a paddle brush, I figured I would try this- I hope it works.

prettyinpurple

Mega hits:

I forgot about that paddle dryer. I did love it at one point.

Where did you get this styling cream? I googled the ingredients and now I want it lol.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits

Washday today. Smooth and easy.

Rhassoul and Ambunu powder mixed with hair conditioning powder. My curls were tight and boingy. My hair had a shine to it. Stellar

Nupur Henna mixed with Hennasooq Goddess Hair blended. I added honey and some of that CR growth serum to use up. Smooth and creamy. I didn’t leave on long so no color uptake plus it had cassia in it.

Negesbanda Honey and Hibisicus Moisture Mask. Smooth, creamy and detangling. Hair rinsed out yummmy.

shasha8685

Hit:
Pattern Beauty Hair Pick: I typically use a pick to lift my roots when my hair is in a twist out. This pick worked beautifully for that purpose.

Meh:
The Doux The Light Weightless Shine Mist: Wasn't particularly wowed by this. It smells nice but my hair didn't seem any shinier after using it.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
New hit

PJN Honey Beet Sweet Nectar LIC. Softening and Moisturizing. I can’t place the scent though. Love the consistency.

Continued Hit

Sheaterra Egyptian Black Castor oil(ginseng/coffee), creamy thickness sealing in all the moisture to be had!!

Last edited:

shasha8685

@shasha8685
Have you tried the Cowash?

I think it's One Love? I have it, but have not tried it. It gets very good reviews.

I have. I think it is really good as a co-wash. It has a strong bubblegum fragrance so if you are sensitive to scents be aware of that. It is marketed as "wash day in a jar" and can also be used as a pre-poo and a deep conditioner. As a deep conditioner, I thought it was average at best (for reference, my hair is high porosity and does best with SSI deep conditioners).

toaster

Hits:

Innersense hydrating hair bath and hydrating cream conditioner

The hair bath does a wonderful job cleaning my scalp and hair but leaves the hair hydrated. You can start finger detangling with the cleanser in your hair.

The conditioner is also wonderful. You have to add a lot of water to your hair to get slip, but it’s there.

Will repurchase both products. I’m almost out of the conditioner, but I have a Briogeo curl repair conditioner open so I’ll use that up first.

It will take ages for me to use up the cleanser.

cocopuff

HITS:
Kazmalaje Curls Plus Detangling Comb and Paddle Comb- These are good detanglers and appear very sturdy.
Amika Triple Rx Hair Mask- I really like this- my hair was so soft after using this- next time I will use heat and see if it works even better.
Product Junkie Naturals Shea Avocado Deep Conditioner- this was so thick I doubted it would spread easily but it melted right into wet hair and rinsed out smoothly as well.

Product Junkie Naturals Honey and Hibiscus Gentle Cleanse- Cleanses with a good lather but not stripping- my hair was very soft after rinsing.
Product Junkie Naturals Max Hydration Leave in Conditioner- I used it on my natural hair while installing twists (to help lock in the moisture).
The Mane Choice Triglyceride and Mint Scalp Renewal Oil
Shine n Jam Magic Fingers (Edge Control)

The three products that I bought from Product Junkie Naturals worked well for me- I may be a repeat customer.

Last edited:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Hit
9 Row Denman Brush - great for detangling damp hair when doing retwists. My hair is strong enough now that I don't have to worry about it pulling out my hair even without removing some of the rows.
Janet Collection Melt HD Bri wig - I only wore it for one day, felt unsure when I bought it, but I really like it. Will wear it when I get bored of the twists.

Miss
Briogeo Curl Charisma shampoo & conditioner - both had very thin consistencies which is not my fave. Had to use as much shampoo as I would conditioner so I ran out of both at the same time which never happens till now. I felt that my hair in twists was pretty dry every time I used this combo and took two days of moisturizing and sealing to get back to normal.