Oh it's on NOW!!!! That's right this just got Serious!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

LOL OP, I also have called my Mama by MOTHER whenever she made me angry or irritated me or whipped my behind. "Yes, mother. No mam, mother. Sure, mother." :lol: Done that since I was a little girl lol. It's the only thing I could get away with since rolling my eyes/ raising my voice/ slamming door/etc. was definitely not an option.

Aw... Im sure you'll surprise and enlighten her about what our hair can do with the right kind of TLC. :grin:

I do my best to honor her because that's what the Bible says to do. But lawd knows their are times when I have visualized my hands around her neck. The only thing that stops me is I know if I ever choked her she would still be laughing. LOL

she would say, "Girl ha ha what you doing? oh ha ha you trying to choke me a tee hee hee you so silly, your hair won't grow, you big like your daddy, and ha ha you don't even choke right ha ha ha"

so I let her live, fortunately we live in different states.

Last edited:
Oh yeah girl you can do it! You only need 13 more inches and since hair grows an average of 6 inches per year all you mainly need is to keep up the retention. Sounds like with your regimen you will! :yep:

Can't wait to see the updated pics in 2014! Tell us what Mother says then too. :grin:

Don't worry about it ...When your hair is floor length..The look on her face will say it all....

Happy Hair Growing!

I do my best to honor her because that's what the Bible says to do. But lawd knows their are times when I have visualized my hands around her neck. The only thing that stops me is I know if I ever choked her she would still be laughing. LOL

she would say, "Girl ha ha what you doing? oh ha ha you trying to choke me a tee hee hee you so silly, your hair won't grow, you big like your daddy, and ha ha you don't even choke right ha ha ha"

I hollered. :rofl:

I'm not surprised that your mother believes long hair is genetic. Most black people seem to think this way. I'll admit that I used to be one of them. I started protective styling after stumbling across Wannakee's website but I didn't really believe it would work for me. I thought she was just selling hope in a bottle so I didn't bother to purchase her products but I gave ps-ing a try and I'm so happy to say that I was wrong. It really does work. Your mother will change her mind after she sees how long your hair gets. Show and prove, baby!

Good thing you guys do live in different states. I would hate to hear that negativity all the time. My mom saw my hair stretched out in an afro (it's barely sl) a couple months ago and she hasn't said crap since so GET IT GIRL! Prove her wrong you can do it!

I know I messed around and shared my bestie's hair length goals with my mother and she shook her head and started going on and on about black women who want their hair to grow long are really wanting to be white. Huh?! I know I'm not saying nothing to her about my classic hair length goals then. :look:

I know I messed around and shared my bestie's hair length goals with my mother and she shook her head and started going on and on about black women who want their hair to grow long are really wanting to be white. Huh?! I know I'm not saying nothing to her about my classic hair length goals then. :look:
Wow so getting YOUR real hair to grow means you want to be WHITE????:spinning::spinning::spinning:
That is new to me:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Wow so getting YOUR real hair to grow means you want to be WHITE????:spinning::spinning::spinning:
That is new to me:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Exactly! I guess she means long hair = white hair. Um, all races have long hair though so she totally lost me. I don't dare say another thing about length to her.

Exactly! I guess she means long hair = white hair. Um, all races have long hair though so she totally lost me. I don't dare say another thing about length to her.

You know people have told me over the years I talk white, I act white, One said she could tell my husband was white because I am "Goofy like white people"????????

the funny thing i have never wanted to be anyone other than me. I don't get why some people act like being "white" is the ultimate goal a sista would want to achieve in life. I want to be God's best for me the way He sees me. nothing more nothing less.
just once it would be nice if someone said "dayum gurl you act Asian" :rofl:

you know just change things up. :yep:

Back