Oh my! can you believe she said this to me?

I went for a wash and set, and the girl who was doing my hair gave an extensive account about how i don't need to trim, but i need to cut my ends, and how thin and damaged my hair looks, and how i possible let my hair get like that and how long ago did I get a trim
. Then when she was rollersetting my hair she said, if im waiting for my hair to get longer, dont wait because my hair isnt going to get any longer. After a long pause she said maybe when i cut then it will get longer. When i told her to trim a little, she says i dont need a little and shes not doing it
i guess she didnt want to be held accountable once i get out that chair screaming. On top of it they made me mad because i usually wash and use my own deep condition for $14. I used my own colorshine in my hair, with no deep condition so all she did was put the colorshine in my hair, didnt comb it out, and placed me under the dryer just as she wouldve done if it was a deep condition and she charged me $6 extra just because she knew it was a colorshine. What if i had wrapped the bottle up in something else and wrote a different name on it, then she wouldnt have been able to charge me $6 extra for no reason. I don't know , it just didnt make sense to me

skegeesmb

Nah uh. That ***** would have been on the hit list. How long is your hair? Is it relaxed or natural. When I was natural, whenever I decided to go to a stylist, they tried to pull the damaged hair act. And they wanted to slap a relaxer on my hair quick saying that my hair will shed as it is natural. Yeah right, they were only making $20 dollars off of me with a wash and trim. If they put in a relaxer the price would have jumped to 70+. Sometimes they want to jack ya up, and they realize it's a pain to keep short hair looking good at home, so they know you'll be back in the chair. It is such a joke.

How much did she want to chop? She sounds fishy to me.

Wont be going back. Dang, just as I was starting to like them too
My hair is midback, relaxed and not as jacked up as she said
mayeb a lil trim but holding out since my hair isnt breaking. When will i find an affordable stylist , I like???Im tired of shopping aroudn every week

cutebajangirl

Your hair is BEAUTIFULL, Meinzzfuture. She wanted to jack it up. Basically she sees your hair heading down your back and the hateration took over. I'm glad you're not going back.

debyjay

Jeez, what a genius she must be!!! Nevermind her, you have us and we won't steer you wrong. My old hairdresser was an idiot and I can't wait to go see her next month. I'll drop by with some Xmas goodies for them with my hair down, They have not seen my in a year. I wore braids for 6 months then found myself the best hairdresser in Brooklyn -- shout out to Sherry! Keep doing what's right for your hair and she will soon see.

SweetNic_JA

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
Your hair is BEAUTIFULL, Meinzzfuture. She wanted to jack it up. Basically she sees your hair heading down your back and the hateration took over. I'm glad you're not going back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. You have one of the fullest head of hairs that I've seen in a while.

BTW: Is anyone going to post our NYC IV pics?

aww thanks cutebajangirl and sweetnicja. By the way debyjay who do u go to in Brooklyn and how much does she charge for the basics( you know wash and set, relaxer)

daviine

You have beautiful hair...and it didn't looked jacked up at all to me. It's very inspirational. She was DEFINITELY hatin'. I can't wait for the day when people are hatin' on me like that.

debyjay

Hey Meinzzfuture, I go to House Of Hair on Flatbush. They have quite a few girls but I go to Sherry, She is really really good and listens and does what you ask for with no snide comments. They charge $60.00 for relaxer, $50 on Mondays. Check out their website at www.houseofhair.com I have a referral card that will get you an extra 10% off if you want. PM me and I can mail it or whatever.

Wow, prices are a little off for me
Especially when i pay $30 to perm my hair using my own perm. I dont know if i can make that investment yet. I'm a little broke. Thanks for answering though debyjay.

debyjay

girl I hear ya, but I figured if I go once every two months it wont be that bad as I only need them for the perm, I do all the rest myself.

sabie19

SHe is just a hater who wanted to cut your hair off. Don't go back and if you ever see her again I advise you to fling your hair in front of her and show her how long and beautiful your hair is.

26INCHHAIR

I hate hairstylist like that. I got my relaxer and then they lady kepts saying my hair was damaged and then i was like ok, but only take off an 1/2 and inch, and she turned the chair around so that I couldnt see and the dumb broad took of 4 inches. I WAS SO UPSET AND EVERYONE AROUND COULD SEE IT!!

UmSumayyah

[ QUOTE ]
26INCHHAIR said:
I hate hairstylist like that. I got my relaxer and then they lady kepts saying my hair was damaged and then i was like ok, but only take off an 1/2 and inch, and she turned the chair around so that I couldnt see and the dumb broad took of 4 inches. I WAS SO UPSET AND EVERYONE AROUND COULD SEE IT!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan on getting one of those LARGE handheld mirrors they sell in the beauty supply. When I go to get my hair done I'm going to pack it in a canvas tote. If she turns me so I can't see, I'm going to whip out that thing SO fast.

AJamericanDiva

Now girl, I know that lady is a lie, as country folks would say. I've seen your hair and it looks thick and healthy to me. I don't know if you'd travel to 120th street and 3rd ave, but that's where my hairdresser is. She charges me $45 for Affirm and I know it should be slightly cheaper if you bring your own stuff. That woman was off the wall!!!

P.S. I haven't developed my pics as yet of the last NYC gathering, for those that are wondering..... soon, though!

AJamericanDiva

I know that she charges about $15 for a wash and set. If your hair is longer then it might be a couple of dollars more. Overall I am very happy with her as she is not scissor happy. I took my sister there and she and I were the black girls with the shortest hair (we both have decent length, mine being longer than hers, past my shoulders, only because my sis cut it). I ain't no Rapunzel, but my hair has grown since my last photos... (I have yet to post the new ones).
My biggest clue when I go to a hairdresser is to check the hair condition of other patrons... granted patrons can inflict their own damage at home, everyone's hair looked healthy. I looked at them and dreamed..... awwww.... one day that will be me!!!

DDHair

I hate that too, when stylists are so judgemental and harsh on your hair. The last time I went to get my hair straightened, the young lady wasn't mean, but she did run down all the bad things that would happen to my hair if I didn't cut off my permed ends, I was just like uh, hum, because I already knew this stuff. But then before she flat ironed, she blow dryed and I don't understand why my roots still felt wet and they didn't get straightened either. Before I got my braids, all of the beauticians in the shop were like, ooh you need a trim, I said no, I need a cut and left it at that. I know what I need, but I am on a particular mission that I know is working too.

greenidlady1

I agree with everyone else Meinzzfuture. Whatever you're doing is working and as we all know, it can only take a few minutes from a sometimey stylist to undo months of hard work.
I had an odd experience myself this weekend- sorry, this is a little long.

It had been 13 weeks since I'd had a relaxer and six months since I'd had a trim. My stylist was really happy with me and I had started going in between visits (maybe at six weeks) just to make sure my ends were ok. So the first thing she says when she has the perm in and we're talking is "You're doing so well, you won't need me anymore" Red Flag!! Oh boy, so I spend the rest of the time there convincing her that I'm not going to leave her.

She leaves the perm on a little long and says "if you're going to go 13 weeks, we need to be sure you're prepared." Hmm. Then on the other hand she threw in a deep conditioner which she ordinarily doesn't do. But it's $20 extra.
I asked her if it was a moisture conditioner and she said it was. I explained to her that I'd applied a protein conditioner the week before so my hair could handle the chemicals and she said, "You know it all now, you won't even need me." She did put me under the drier at a cooler setting than usual after the deep conditioner, but after she blow dried my hair, she said she wanted to flat iron it before she trimmed it because she wanted to see how long it actually was.
I brought in an oil mixture that I'd been using and she applied that before the drier. Then she said "now I can't find any split ends." She looked outdone. Then she said that the splits were on my layers. I think I believe this, and at any rate I did want a trim because I had seen a few splits myself. She didn't take off a lot, but she curled the ends after and applied more silicones than I thought she needed. Even though my hair looked good, I couldn't wait till that night to get my distilled water on my ends and get them out of the air!! They were probably suffocating underneath all those silicones!!

She did things that were good and things that I don't think she would have if my hair wasn't starting to grow. I didn't know I was going to have to be a psychologist that day. Not sure what to think about that one!! Just had to share.
Take care,
G

greenidlady1

Nubian,

Really? I would hate to start all over again
and I really like her. She was there for me when my hair was in really bad shape, but now, I just don't know what to do.
LOL.
I sound like I discovered my man was cheating don't I? I'm trying to be loyal, but I should probably just leave...I feel a Mary J. Blige song comin on...

Take care,
G

G

Ok,

ONE - She would'nt have got $6 and it was'nt her conditiner AND she did'nt do it right?!

TWO - How do she know you hair aint gonna get any longer?? Oh but if she cut it - it will
Typical challenged stylist.

G

[ QUOTE ]
Basically she sees your hair heading down your back and the hateration took over

[/ QUOTE ]

YUP