Oh my God!!!Gray hair!!!!

S

Stylepink

Hey all. I'm getting gray hair and I need to cover it because i'm not quite ready to show my age, if you know what a sista means! Anyways, my stylist suggested a cellophane, I tried that and it made my hair hard and i had a tough time controling breakage. I don't want to use a hard dye, because my hair HATES to be dyed and I have such good length that I don't want to jeopardize it with a harsh dye that will cause breakage. Any suggestions out there???

I actually think the cellophane is a good idea. Maybe it was the brand you tried the last time you did it. Try Sebastian's Colourshines. Do a search for threads on Colourshines and you'll see all the rave reviews!

Thanks Ladies, I think I will look into the Colourshines

I have heard the term cellophane a few times, can someone please explain what it means.

[ QUOTE ]
Stylepink said:
Hey all. I'm getting gray hair and I need to cover it because i'm not quite ready to show my age, if you know what a sista means! Anyways, my stylist suggested a cellophane, I tried that and it made my hair hard and i had a tough time controling breakage. I don't want to use a hard dye, because my hair HATES to be dyed and I have such good length that I don't want to jeopardize it with a harsh dye that will cause breakage. Any suggestions out there???

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know of anyone who has used this method but I posted the info below on another thread about this topic.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Women&Number=313948&Forum=f2&Words=sage&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=313937&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=3447&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=

[ QUOTE ]

This is from my book called: "Heinerman's Encyclopedia of Healing Herbs & Spices":

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can make your own home-version of Grecian formula for taking away gray hair that’s a lot safer to use because it’s free of chemicals and only contains natural ingredients.

In a heavy ceramic mixing bowl, put 2 heaping tbsps of dried sage and the same amount again of either orange pekoe or black tea. Then fill the bowl or jar half full of boiling water. Cover with a small dinner plate or aluminum foil and place in a moderately warm (275 F) oven or in a large pan of boiling water on top of the stove on a low setting for at least a couple of hours. Then remove, allow to cool, stir well and strain.

Now a small quantity of this infusion is to be rubbed into the roots of the hair 4-5 times a week. Pretty soon the grayness will start fading away as the hair becomes darker in color once more. Thereafter, this infusion ought to be used just once or twice weekly for maintenance purposes only. Many of those who’ve tried this for themselves have experienced moderate hair growth in bald places or at the very least, an overall improvement in the tone and texture of their hair. This infusion will keep longer if 3 tbsps or either gin or rum are added to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back