"Oh No She Didn't........."

hottopic

This morning I went to the beauty supply store to buy a quality conditioner. I had not paid attention to my hair in such along time, but knew I had the skills to resort it’s glory. (I had major surgery and moved into my 1st house…..been out of the loop for along time) Anyways, the supply store had a beauty salon in the back that is managed by Dominicans. I was approached by a hairdresser asking me if I wanted my hair relaxed. I told her no, but I might be interested in a Dominican blowout. She was like “no you need perm, your hair is too thick.” I wanted to say lady my mom is a hair dresser and I don’t need you to tell me when I need a perm. So hear this….She was like I will give you the blowout for $45.00 but I will perm your hair for $30. I was like ohh no she didn’t. I know a blow out in my area should be $25 the most. I told her no thanks. But I did get the 411 on where to by Dominican hair products….(I normally order them online.) I purchased my Dominican products, went home, and did my hair blowout myself. My hair was thick but really soft. It came out great. I am kinda glad that lady turned away good business, little did she know my hair would have probably been the easiest customer she had all day.

Lusa

Glad you stood your ground and didn't let her get anywhere near your hair. She had some nerve, how rude!

hottopic

gymfreak336 said:
Yeah, perm only 30 bucks but when she damages your hair it will be 60 bucks to fix it.

I will have to agree with this statement. Not to mention a true dominican salon would have been able to do the blowout with no problems. It was sad to see that she became so...... mainstream with needing to perm someone's hair to get great results. I think she uses it as a clutch.

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
I notice Saturday bss are now adding salons. I was approached by some hood mamma hairdresser in bss salon talking about she wanted to do my hair. The way her head looked I should have offered to do her scrappy strands for free. Folks need to leave me alone when I am minding my own business trying to buy products.:D

sowhut

blackmaven said:
I notice Saturday bss are now adding salons. I was approached by some hood mamma hairdresser in bss salon talking about she wanted to do my hair. The way her head looked I should have offered to do her scrappy strands for free. Folks need to leave me alone when I am minding my own business trying to buy products.:D

LMAO!:lol: :lol: :lol:

gymfreak336

hottopic said:
I will have to agree with this statement. Not to mention a true dominican salon would have been able to do the blowout with no problems. It was sad to see that she became so...... mainstream with needing to perm someone's hair to get great results. I think she uses it as a clutch.
Yeah, you are soo right. There is a dominican stylist in my area that charges 150 bucks :eek: for a shedding treatment. She says that it is professional grade and has to sit on your hair for 4 days. I bet it is just some alter ego garlic oil. :cool:

Tamrin

unapologetic
gymfreak336 said:
Yeah, you are soo right. There is a dominican stylist in my area that charges 150 bucks :eek: for a shedding treatment. She says that it is professional grade and has to sit on your hair for 4 days. I bet it is just some alter ego garlic oil. :cool:

150 for what? :eek: Is that some hair miracle that will wash itself out and roller set and blow out and wrap by itself? .. better yet is she coming home with me for the next 4 days and do my hair.. sleep over fee included? See Folks done lost their ever lovin mind...

See today I handed over my bottle of amla oil to my stylist and she knew just what she should do.

gymfreak336

Closer1 said:
150 for what? :eek: Is that some hair miracle that will wash itself out and roller set and blow out and wrap by itself? .. better yet is she coming home with me for the next 4 days and do my hair.. sleep over fee included? See Folks done lost their ever lovin mind...

See today I handed over my bottle of amla oil to my stylist and she knew just what she should do.

When I heard her price for the "Treatment" I almost laughed in her face. If any treatment was worth a buck fifty, we would have BEEN on it:lachen: For that much money, I would need a months worth of rollersets after the treatment.

Tamrin

unapologetic
gymfreak336 said:
When I heard her price for the "Treatment" I almost laughed in her face. If any treatment was worth a buck fifty, we would have BEEN on it:lachen: For that much money, I would need a months worth of rollersets after the treatment.

you are damn right... Thank God he gave me a brain and two hands.

hottopic

gymfreak336 said:

$150......wow. Like Closer1 they better come home with me. Better yet, they better cook breakfast, lunch and dinner. That's just crazy. I thought the lady yesteday was trying to get one over on me...lol.

Reslnt1 What site do you get your Dominican hair products from?

This is the site I buy my products (Dominican)from http://www.ibeautyny.com/goods_list.asp?Index=208

Maa Maa omo mti

Man it must be nice living in NY, the DS stores over hear are $30-45 for a blowout. relaxers are higher. And they are considered the cheap ones compare to the black salons.

You NY'ers are spoiled :lachen: and lucky.

:grin:

Lavendar

blackmaven said:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: