OH NO SHE DIDN'T

diamondlady

OH NO SHE DIDN\'T

My stylist, (I have been satisfied with her work,but not her attitude) pulled a no-no this time. She knows I'm trying to grow my hair and she has been supportive and taking credit for my progress. That's okay with me because she does do a good job. She trimmed my hair at various times during the last year and she really trimmed. My last relaxer, she CUT.

I think somebody just lost a client. I lost 3 months progess and more. My hair is shorter than it was after my last relaxer in some places.

I'm back to doing my own hair again and trusting no one but ME with my hair!!!!

deepdimples3

Re: OH NO SHE DIDN\'T

Dang, I'm sorry to hear that. You should tell her why you won't be going back. I lost a hairdresser who cut my hair so uneven I could tell just by glancing at myself in the mirror

sillygurl18

She acted really foul. Why do stylists act like they're jealous of nice hair whether it be long, short, thick or whatever, it doesn't make sense to me.

H

honey_jammz82

That is why I don't mess with hair stylist...I don't trust anyone but myself with my hair...especially with trims.

CocoaCure

That's really awful DiamondLady!! I'm in Dallas too! Please bring this up at the meeting Saturday so we can all know who to avoid at all costs!!! I want to hear about the good places as well as the awful ones to avoid!!! I'm sorry you had this experience! NOTHING pisses me off more!! (Well almost nothing!)

lthomas1

Hair Power!

I believe that this stylist was jealous of your hair and this was her sneaky way of messing up your progress. She is definately a hater. Stay away from her.

jasmin

[ QUOTE ]
diamondlady said:
My stylist, (I have been satisfied with her work,but not her attitude) pulled a no-no this time. She knows I'm trying to grow my hair and she has been supportive and taking credit for my progress. That's okay with me because she does do a good job. She trimmed my hair at various times during the last year and she really trimmed. My last relaxer, she CUT.

I think somebody just lost a client. I lost 3 months progess and more. My hair is shorter than it was after my last relaxer in some places.

I'm back to doing my own hair again and trusting no one but ME with my hair!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what happened to me. She didn't get it and she stalked me. I never told her how mad I was. I asked her why did she cut all my hair off and she denied what she did. My hair was shoulder length and she cut it off to my ears. She played the dumb roll and called me after awhile at 7 in the morning and wondered if I was still mad. I said if I ever saw her I would beat her arse. Never went back. Big time hater.

starz

I'm sorry this happened to you. This is what makes me so scared to get a trim. I had 3 inches trimmed off in July, as I requested. However, since my hair has started growing I have been reluctant to get a trim.

aqualung

Diamondlady,
I just glanced through some of your previous posts that mentioned how the stylist was very patronizing to the point of scolding you. You also said that you cared for your own hair for years before you found this lady. You'll grow it all back, and then some. Just trust yourself like you did before.

I would call her and inform her of the damage that she's done. Let her know WHY you won't be scheduling any more appointments. Even if you just leave a message on the answering machine, it's good to inform her that such behavior drives away clients.

[ QUOTE ]
jasmin said:
She played the dumb roll and called me after awhile at 7 in the morning and wondered if I was still mad. I said if I ever saw her I would beat her arse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jasmin, you SAID THAT OUT LOUD?! I know her heart skips a beat whenever someone resembling you stops by the salon.

diamondlady

I was trying to be so careful. I only let her do braids at first, I watched her with other clients, I watched how she put on relaxers, I heard her refuse clients who didn't want conditioners with retouches, I thought she was good. I had little hair when she started doing my hair and when it started growing she was supportive, although she did try to talk me into weaves, fusions, and color, all of which I refused.

After she finished my hair she said, "your hair has grown so much, it makes me want my hair back". She had shoulder length hair when I met her and I went in one day and she had cut it and bleached it. It looks like it's about 1/2 inch long.

I'm definately going back to doing my own hair. I did it for years with only one mistake and I knew I was messing up just not how bad.

MissM

This is just awful to keep hearing these kinds of stories. I'm sooooo sorry this happened to you. You should definitely say something to her just to get it off your chest.

diamondlady

If you want to really hear a horror story. . . One of the reasons why I stopped going to the beauty salon years ago.

I had a friend who was a secretary going to beauty school. She told me the things she was taught in beauty school. She called them "tricks" and she said she would never stoop so low.

1. Talk people into to the shortest hair possible, that way you can do their hair quicker and get on the next customer.

2. Talk people into lighter colors because then they will need a retouch on color more often.

Well, about a year later when she quit her secretary job and had to depend on the salon for a living, I was there one day when a client came in with long beautiful hair and she told her, "Child, you have just got to trim this hair, your ends are splitting and you're gonna have so much breakage" The lady let her trim her hair, she cut it really short and this lady was so mad, said her husband was going to kill her. She told her, "Aw girl it will grow back, but in the mean time I can put a little weave in while it's growing, and your husband will never know" When the lady agreed, my friend looked at me and had the nerve to wink. She then proceed to put in $150 worth of weave.

I told her, you cut that lady's hair so you could sell her weave!!! How could you do that?? Her answer was "Oh, I don't know her, it's not like you, I'm not a friend of hers".

Needless to say, that was the end of our friendship also.

Bobbie

[ QUOTE ]
diamondlady said:
If you want to really hear a horror story. . . One of the reasons why I stopped going to the beauty salon years ago.

I had a friend who was a secretary going to beauty school. She told me the things she was taught in beauty school. She called them "tricks" and she said she would never stoop so low.

1. Talk people into to the shortest hair possible, that way you can do their hair quicker and get on the next customer.

2. Talk people into lighter colors because then they will need a retouch on color more often.

Well, about a year later when she quit her secretary job and had to depend on the salon for a living, I was there one day when a client came in with long beautiful hair and she told her, "Child, you have just got to trim this hair, your ends are splitting and you're gonna have so much breakage" The lady let her trim her hair, she cut it really short and this lady was so mad, said her husband was going to kill her. She told her, "Aw girl it will grow back, but in the mean time I can put a little weave in while it's growing, and your husband will never know" When the lady agreed, my friend looked at me and had the nerve to wink. She then proceed to put in $150 worth of weave.

I told her, you cut that lady's hair so you could sell her weave!!! How could you do that?? Her answer was "Oh, I don't know her, it's not like you, I'm not a friend of hers".

Needless to say, that was the end of our friendship also.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG!!! And I had an experienced like that too recently! I can't BELIEVE what people would do to get money!!!!!!

Leshia

*shaking head* I understand wanting to be pampered but this is why I don't go to a stylist....

i've cared for my hair for the last 3 mos. i use to go to my stylist ever week for a rollerset. well i went in for a set and i had relaxed my own hair. the 1st thing she said was oh you are relaxing your own hair. you should leave that to a professional. i'm thinking yeah just what i need more scalp burns
. anyways, she tried to trim my hair 3 times. i had to watch that girl.when i went in there she had a short bob. i asked her where her hair was. she said she just wanted to try something different. yeah right

aikaa71

Sorry to hear about that diamondlady.

My stylist is a man and he so sweet he always ask me how much he should trim and he does exactly what i ask for. Women stylists are closet HATERS in my opinion

jasmin

[ QUOTE ]
aikaa71 said:
Sorry to hear about that diamondlady.

My stylist is a man and he so sweet he always ask me how much he should trim and he does exactly what i ask for. Women stylists are closet HATERS in my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they are and that's why I go to men now.

Vet27

I used to go to females in high school, my hair was honey blond and broke off. People know think I have a weave!
U guys are so right, I go to a wonderful man. All the ladies that go to him have shoulder length hair or longer. He always conditions my hair for at least a 1/2 hour, only does light dusting when I need & does a mean crimp set. needless to say he's getting a nice X-mas tip!

Vet

S

Stylepink

I hope you didn't pay her! What a heiffer...