Oh No She DIDN'T

JJamiah

I went to the salon today that I used to get my hair done. I was getting my kids hair cut because they have a barber in house. Now the OWNER, who is a licensed Beautician was putting in a pony tail in a ladies hair with long nice APL/BSL length, I was just sitting there because 3 of my sons were getting haircuts. Everything was normal UNTIL>>>>>:blush:

She used a REGULAR THICK Beige Staples Brand RUBBERBAND FOR THE Ladies PONYTail. With multiple flies ready to fly in my open mouth, I couldn't close it, I watched her wrap the thick rubber band around her hair several times *You know the thick ones, short stubby thick beige rubberband put on your mail sometimes. I noticed the back of her hair from ear to nape was so short it looked like picked cotton, it was ripped out of her hair, the rest of her hair was long AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! SHe PACKED IT WITH A TON OF BROWN GEL and pulled it to tighten it, which I imagined Snagged more hair. I so wanted to SHAKE THIS LADY AND GO WHAT THE HECK!!! I was going to tell her but my sister not too! I was going to take her to the side and comment, from stylist to stylist, you can get the ponytail holder elastic safe non-pull, no metal safer ones 20 for a dollar and charge your customer one buck you make your profit, if you feel your not going to do nothing more than the Staples brand of Rubberbands. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Ladies Grab your hair and RUN!

Last edited:

Prose Princess

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
And to think, about two years ago, I was that girl sitting in the chair, except withOUT the APL/BSL hair. *hangs head in shame* lol

SimpleKomplexity

That used to be me! I had those ponytail religiously thinking I was "growing my hair out". A LIE! It jsut broke off bad where the rubberband was and left me with bobby pin bruises all up in my head! I guess when you know better you do better though

Odontyouwish

That is a HAM. Maybe it's because I'm a hair freak and planning to go to cosmetology school, but why doesn't she wonder why her hair is breaking out in that part only????

SEMO

Wow, I would've cringed too. A rubberband? The only way to get those out even semi-safely is to just cut them out, while making sure not to cut any of your own hair. But the friction while it's in? :nono:

JJamiah

I was cringing when I head the snapping of the rubberbands. I agree the safest way is cutting it out but to avoid cutting your hair. As a stylist, Your wrong! I've never even when I was a bathroom or kitchen beautician did that, and I was 9 and 10 doing hair in my house. Yes I always loved hair!