Oh, Tracy!...and other Cellophanes fans!!

BlkMane

I was in Washington Heights today and visited a couple of beauty supply stores.

At Melissa Beauty Supply at 1482A St. Nicholas Ave (corner of 184th Street, NYC) they sell Sebastians Colorshines (cellophanes) in all colors for $17.99.

That is the cheapest I've ever seen it.

(212) 795-2735 Melissa Beauty Supply

The closest subway stop is the 181 St. stop on the 1/9 which is only like two blocks away.

BTW, TRACY, I picked up a 12oz bottle of Metalex there for $11.99 so I can retry my color. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for sharing this! I'm definitely getting the clear to use next when I get my next re-touch (which will probably be the end of November).

I can't wait to try it.

Tracy

Thanks nena! I've never seen it so low! Thanks for letting us know! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW go with a clear after your color (and when your color's done post a pic please! I wanna see! /images/graemlins/wink.gif ) I think you'll be happy. They've changed the formula some over the years - but I have noticed it responds a little differently on thicker hair (what I metioned before about thick hair swallowing color?) so use extra....and rinse well! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blkmane,

I just picked up the clear cellophanes today selling for 19.99 in my local beauty supplies which isn't too bad.

Can't wait to try the clear next!!! I"ve been itching to try this since having the Ginger done about 3 weeks ago.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NYCchild

Oh dear me!! now ya know im gona go all tha way up there for this deal! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for posting this.

Terri

pmichael52172

Okay you New Yorkers are REALLY starting to make me mad now!

Why is it that I can't find one place in Maryland that sells the Colorshines to regular customers and you all can just ease on in the store and pick one up?

Does anyone know of a place in Maryland that sells Sebastion Colorshines to non-professionals? I tried hinting to this beautician from my church how I'd love to buy and bottle and she just sat there looking at me as if to say.... I'm not getting it for you. /images/graemlins/mad.gif So I left it alone.

Any one have a picture a picture with the cellophane in their hair. I'd love to see what it looks like. does it cause breakage and can it be applied the same day as a no lye relaxer? I've had this permanent color in my hair since April and im dying to get it out. How long does it take the cellophane color to wear out? <font color="purple"> </font color>

pmichael52172

There are tons of sites, but they cost $24 and $25 dollars not including s+h. That's too much for me for something that eventually rinses out.

In the beauty supply stores in MD. They run no more than $12 and that's only if you're licensed.