Oil pulling,Oil washing, Oil rinsing...Im in LOVE!

Andreainnis

I cannot believe the immense health benefits of all the uses of these different oils! I'm in love with my skin and hair and my health overall! Thanks to castor oil washing and evoo moisturizing, my skin is blemish and wrinkle free, and softer than my baby's bottom:yep:. My hair just doesn't break and sheds only minimally and that was a major issue for me because of its coarseness and dryness. Now since oil rinsing (Bless you Sareca) & Shikakai/amla pooing and conditioning (Bless you Candy C), I have elasticity, moisture, and a shine that was so hard for me to achieve before without great effort and a lot of product. I just found out about and started oil pulling (Bless you Sareca) and I cant wait to reap the benefits of that practice! It reports to naturally eliminate bad breath, whiten teeth, cleanse the blood and remove harmful bacteria. I just wanna know what else can I oil?!! ...and what to do with all the shampoos and skin cleansers under my sink that I will never use again:look: Is there anyone else sliding around in the heavenly world of organic oils:drunk: with any new practices to introduce? Or even just your experience with the three I have mentioned. I'd love to hear about it so please share!

kellie7777

there is a thread on it.. it is when you drag oil back and forth through your teeth until it becomes foamy and white. kinda like what you do with that listerine whitening stuff.

you can use oils like sunflower oil from the grocery store, nothing expensive or exotic.

here is a link that i used to check it out when i did it.

http://www.oilpulling.com/

Andreainnis

What is oil puilling?

It's a process whereby you rinse your mouth with either sunflower or sesame oil, swishing it, "pulling and pushing" the oil through your teeth for fifteen minutes in the morning before breakfast. It is said to be most effective in the morning but can be done three times a day before meals. I need to find the thread and post it cause there's much more detail.

Andreainnis

there is a thread on it.. it is when you drag oil back and forth through your teeth until it becomes foamy and white. kinda like what you do with that listerine whitening stuff.

you can use oils like sunflower oil from the grocery store, nothing expensive or exotic.

here is a link that i used to check it out when i did it.

http://www.oilpulling.com/

Thank you Kellie there it is!

Last edited:

wheezy807

Now i've heard of oilpulling and oil rinsing, but what is oil washing? Is there a thread on this?

Andreainnis

Now i've heard of oilpulling and oil rinsing, but what is oil washing? Is there a thread on this?

Yep, on the skin and makeup boards. You put the castor oil (or evoo for a more moisturizing effect) all over your face let it sit with a hot wet wash cloth over your face for a few seconds then wipe clean and it removes all dirt and oils.....Love it!

Spongie Bloom

my momma just bought a huge bottle of pure sunflower oil so im gonna start swishing away tomorrow morning :grin: got nothing to lose right?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I love oils too! I do oil washing on my face with evoo and castor oil. It's wonderful......smooth, supple blemish free skin. I have no need for otc. skin products anymore. Also, I moisturize with jojoba oil every night and it's really helped my skin to clear out. Oh, and evoo is great as a body scrub (just add sugar) and to shave your legs!......wonderful!

I'm excited to try my first oil rinse soon too.

Andreainnis

I love oils too! I do oil washing on my face with evoo and castor oil. It's wonderful......smooth, supple blemish free skin. I have no need for otc. skin products anymore. Also, I moisturize with jojoba oil every night and it's really helped my skin to clear out. Oh, and evoo is great as a body scrub (just add sugar) and to shave your legs!......wonderful!

Oh yea! Something new! Gonna try this tonight:woot:

Windsy

See, I started putting JBCO on my face after steaming with hot water and I noticed my dark spots are not so big. I just played it off as I was getting more sleep. I'm going to have to keep an eye on this.

And to answer your question. Heck yeah I'm am enjoying this - Oil Rinsing, Oil pulling, Oil Washing, Oil Moisturizing, Oil for days. I even gave some out as Christmas gift to my sis this year.

Andreainnis

See, I started putting JBCO on my face after steaming with hot water and I noticed my dark spots are not so big. I just played it off as I was getting more sleep. I'm going to have to keep an eye on this.

And to answer your question. Heck yeah I'm am enjoying this - Oil Rinsing, Oil pulling, Oil Washing, Oil Moisturizing, Oil for days. I even gave some out as Christmas gift to my sis this year.

Ok so you put the oil on after steaming, do you wipe it off or just leave it to penetrate? Is this your wash or is it an after wash treatment?

bee

So, oil washing smoothes out wrinkles and dark spots on your face? I'm gonna try this! I have some under eye wrinkles that are getting on my nerves!

Windsy

Ok so you put the oil on after steaming, do you wipe it off or just leave it to penetrate? Is this your wash or is it an after wash treatment?

This isn't my wash. I wash with pure water. I leave the JBCO on. I do this at night and in the mornings.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Yes Oil is a wonderful thing. I have been oil washing for about 4 months now with a mixture of castor/Olive Oil and I started oil rinsing last week.

After reading this posting I read the post on oil pulling and have started that. It's not as bad as I though it would be. I did it with coconut oil before that is what I have in the house but I may get some other oil when I go out today.

I have also started massaging my hair with oil.

Andreainnis

Yes Oil is a wonderful thing. I have been oil washing for about 4 months now with a mixture of castor/Olive Oil and I started oil rinsing last week.

After reading this posting I read the post on oil pulling and have started that. It's not as bad as I though it would be. I did it with coconut oil before that is what I have in the house but I may get some other oil when I go out today.

I have also started massaging my hair with oil.

Which oil have you been massaging your hair with? I heard a common Indian practice is massaging the hair and scalp with coconut oil.

missty1029

I use coconut oil on my hair and I love it!!!!
I have to try the oil pulling Im gonna pick up some sunflower oil.
As far as oil on the skin that makes sense. They say people with oily skin dont age as fast. A lot of black folks have oily skin thats why black dont crack! lol

MissMusic

So do you wash your face with soaps anymore? I guess I wanna know exactly what you do every evening and morning to your face (How is oil incorporated?) Hope this makes sense!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
So do you wash your face with soaps anymore? I guess I wanna know exactly what you do every evening and morning to your face (How is oil incorporated?) Hope this makes sense!

I rarely use soaps anymore. Occasionally i'll use Cetaphil (once or twice a week) but I'm trying to wean myself off of any kind of cleanser. At night I usually wash with olive oil mixed with castor oil, leave the oil on for a few minutes while steaming with a hot cloth, then wipe it off with the cloth and rinse with cold water. In the morning I don't always use the oil mixture because my skin gets very oily through the day so I use a Neutrogena cream cleanser.

kellie7777

all this oil pulling, washing and rinsing, hubby is like what happened to the 6 litres of olive oil we just bought couple months ago.... :lachen:

oil is great. my mom washes with castor oil and she is smooth...

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I heard used soap or any other cleaner in 3 months or so. I just wash with castor and olive oil. I put it on my face, get in the shower, get out and then I steam a wash cloth with hot water and hold it on my face for a few seconds do this a couple of times and then wipe the oil off. Sometimes I will be a little moisturizer on my face but not all of the time.

I rarely use soaps anymore. Occasionally i'll use Cetaphil (once or twice a week) but I'm trying to wean myself off of any kind of cleanser. At night I usually wash with olive oil mixed with castor oil, leave the oil on for a few minutes while steaming with a hot cloth, then wipe it off with the cloth and rinse with cold water. In the morning I don't always use the oil mixture because my skin gets very oily through the day so I use a Neutrogena cream cleanser.

sareca

You sound like me! I'm so happy it's working for you. :yep: I tried oil washing and found I can only use coconut oil on my face. Everything else seems to break me out. I haven't tried castor yet. I'll try it tonight. I just started skin brushing about 2 weeks ago and I love it! I do it twice a day, but I just found a brush soft enough to do my face (with this week). I can also see a difference. My skin texture has become much more firm and my pores look smaller.

If you like the detox effect of oil pulling try master cleanse.

Last edited:

Andreainnis

all this oil pulling, washing and rinsing, hubby is like what happened to the 6 litres of olive oil we just bought couple months ago.... :lachen:

oil is great. my mom washes with castor oil and she is smooth...

:lachen: I know right! But daaang 6 litres!!! I know you're slippin' in slidin'!:lachen: