Oil Rinses

leona2025

What are oil rinses? When do you do them and what do you use? What is the difference between a hot oil treatment and a oil rinse? What is the purpose of hot oil treatments and how often should you do them? What are the pros and cons of both hot oil treatments and oil rinses?

Fine 4s

What are oil rinses? When do you do them and what do you use? What is the difference between a hot oil treatment and a oil rinse? What is the purpose of hot oil treatments and how often should you do them? What are the pros and cons of both hot oil treatments and oil rinses?

Here's a post from someone else from LHCF...I oil rinsed last night with Coconut oil and it really did help my tangles! I also used this new deep condish my co-worker suggested that I really loved called Siliconado from Barros Minas a brazilian DC I'll post more info on that later....here's the oil rinse info...

Typically I ignore threads about detangling methods and products. I have for the last year or so. I thought my hair's health or my big chop had something to do with how easily it detangles. That is absolutely NOT the case. The oil-rinse method is why it detangles so easily. My hair completely detangles under just running water! Keep in mind I've recently adopted a low manipulation regimen. So the last time I detangled was at least a week (or more) ago.

If you're having problems with tangles try this...

1. Rinse (or shampoo) your hair
  2. Coat in your favorite oil (I've used olive, meadowfoam, dabur alma, and aphogee EFA oil, red palm oil/butter)
  3. Rinse with warm/hot water
  4. Apply conditioner
  5. Rinse
  6. Apply leave-in
  7. Seal
I'm not alone other people think it a miracle too...http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...89#post2679989