oil rinsing!!!

stormy07

hi ladies I was reading the thread on oil rinsing and I definately wanna try it but I have NO clue where to buy pure coconut oil in the US. is there a good website I could check out? TIA :grin:

IMFOCSD

hi ladies I was reading the thread on oil rinsing and I definately wanna try it but I have NO clue where to buy pure coconut oil in the US. is there a good website I could check out? TIA :grin:

Hi, any grocery store should have it...I bought my unrefined coconut oil and EVOO from a grocery store.

Wanderland

I know for sure whole foods has it (it comes in a jar like bottle). I think some ladies also get it from Walmart. If you want to try it ASAP I recommend using Olive Oil (which more than likely you already have some lying around your house for cooking:lick:).
I just recently tried it and I :infatuated: them. I usually use olive oil and it works fantabulous.

Try it:grin: You wont regret it:reddancer:

stormy07

cool beans i have a whole foods right down the street! and will have to try evoo too.....so i should just put it on dry hair.....sit under a dryer.....then rinse it out with conditioner and call it a day?

Wanderland

cool beans i have a whole foods right down the street! and will have to try evoo too.....so i should just put it on dry hair.....sit under a dryer.....then rinse it out with conditioner and call it a day?

I think of that more as a hot oil treatment (which I also do sometimes)
For oil rinses (at least Sareca's version) I pre-poo w/ whatever conditioner for then wash or co-wash. Then while still in the shower with wet hair I put the oil on my hair. I then shower, shave, etc. while the oil is sitting in my hair, and then rinse out, and use another conditioner afterwards (this helps get some of the oil out)

All of that is to say w/ me the oil rinse is done on wet hair in the shower (you can do it wherever in your washing routine you like). The paragraph above is just my preferred method...find what your hair likes:yep:

MsKipani

Rite Aid sells coconut oil in a jar in their GNC section. Also, any local health food store should have it

missty1029

I think of that more as a hot oil treatment (which I also do sometimes)
For oil rinses (at least Sareca's version) I pre-poo w/ whatever conditioner for then wash or co-wash. Then while still in the shower with wet hair I put the oil on my hair. I then shower, shave, etc. while the oil is sitting in my hair, and then rinse out, and use another conditioner afterwards (this helps get some of the oil out)

All of that is to say w/ me the oil rinse is done on wet hair in the shower (you can do it wherever in your washing routine you like). The paragraph above is just my preferred method...find what your hair likes:yep:

and dont break you neck int he shower like I almost did last night cause its slippery!!!! :surf:

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
From Nature With Love is good, as long as you're in the U.S.

Otherwise, the shipping is about $100 for three items. :nono:

BeautifulFlower

I brought mine from The Vitamin Shoppe. It has all of your organic hair products too. My coconut oil is unrefined, organic, and virgin.

pistachio

I'd like to try oil rinsing but I haven't had success with olive oil, but I may try something with coconut oil. Do any of you know any Dominican rinses with coconut oil in it?

LABETT

I'd like to try oil rinsing but I haven't had success with olive oil, but I may try something with coconut oil. Do any of you know any Dominican rinses with coconut oil in it?
Praital Silk Worm rinse contains coconut oil,I love this rinse.