Oils,Pomades,Grease,Butters,Lotions & Cremes 2013

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Oil rinsed....I think this week I will need to make a new batch of my oil rinse. The current batch is almost done and I made it sometime in the summer.

toaster

I fell behind on my thanking. :nono:

I love reading what everyone is using. I packed some HH Tutti Frutti leave n to bring home. Will also be using a brand new SSI Seyani Hair Butter (easy to pack because it was already wrapped up) and some Thank God I'm Natural and Qhemet hair oils that my mother pawned off on me because "she doesn't use oil".

I also noticed about 10 half used hair products under the sink in my bathroom so I might try some of her "cast offs". I spotted Curl Junkie, Qhemet, DevaCurl, and some other goodies.

Have to check her bathroom and see what "good stuff" she's hiding. :look:

toaster

This SSI Seyani Hair Butter makes me want to holler.

I've used it exactly one time and I want to order 5 more jars. It is sooo soft, but not creamy at first. It has no water content so it's exactly what I like to use over my leave in's (usually butter cream products with water as the 1st ingredient). But when you rub your hands together you get the most delicious soft, sweet smelling, hair creamy butter EVER.

I'm going to give myself three weeks of using it and then order 8 replacement jars and a VAT of the SSI Moisture Riche DC.

And probably the entirety of the SSI line because so far my hair loves it.

Ugh. Tomorrow morning I'm going to find other threads to share my love for this product.

ilong

God's Own
IDareT'sHair - are/have you done a 2014 challenge yet? I want to officially join :lachen:. I can't remember if I joined the 2013 challenge but since there are only 9 days left to the year I won't worry about it. LOL

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
ilong

I worked on the Mentions List yesterday. I will have it up & running on or around 12/31.

So, I will add you to the list. :grin:

I like to do it close to around that time, so folks won't get confused and start bumping the Older Thread.:ohwell:

I think you said you were going to wait, although you didn't need to. :yep:

Always glad to have you. Now you can start making your list.

We'll probably be using a lot of the same things.:yep:

Can't wait to see your list.:grin:

BranwenRosewood

IDareT'sHair

Can you add me to the list as well? I don't think I participated in this thread but now that I know my hair porosity I've been experimenting with more butters and oils lately. I'm definitely going to be in the Coffee thread next year since I'm changing my entire regimen to be only clay, tea, coffee and ayurveda based.

ilong

God's Own
IDareT'sHair - thank you!!! I assumed that was the reason I hadn't seen a challenge - but in any case I wanted to make sure I was added. Can't wait to be a part of the 2014 challenge!

xu93texas

This SSI Seyani Hair Butter makes me want to holler. I've used it exactly one time and I want to order 5 more jars. It is sooo soft, but not creamy at first. It has no water content so it's exactly what I like to use over my leave in's (usually butter cream products with water as the 1st ingredient). But when you rub your hands together you get the most delicious soft, sweet smelling, hair creamy butter EVER. I'm going to give myself three weeks of using it and then order 8 replacement jars and a VAT of the SSI Moisture Riche DC. And probably the entirety of the SSI line because so far my hair loves it. Ugh. Tomorrow morning I'm going to find other threads to share my love for this product.

Yes, SSI Riche Moisture Masque is my staple DC!! Glad u like the Seyani butter. I ordered that too! I love Shescentit products too!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
ilong

I'm so happy you are joining us.:grin:

I know you've been in our Coffee, Tea....this one is definitely a good one to be into too.

And we go HARD all year around with Butter, Lotions, Oils, Cremes, Pomades & Grease.

We're some die-hard Oil-Heads over here.:lol:

myfaithrising

Oops didn't see this Angelbean. Yes. I let the unused coffee sit with the cocoa and shea and mango in the double boiler in low for several hours. It was just warm to the touch. Then strained the coffee out and added the other oils.

Yes it smells strongly of coffee. Lol. I took advantage of that and added other fragrances that compliment coffe, like vanilla. I've gotten quite a few compliments that I smell nice lately! Haha. People like it.

This sound like such a great idea, I think I want to try a variation of it, thanks for posting!!!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^^What happened MileHighDiva? You ran out and can't purchase now because she is closed right?

As for me: Yesterday I sprayed some Annabelle's leave in, moisturized with the hair cream, and sealed with the hair/body butter all in pumpkin scent. Went in smoothly with no white residue. Smells yummy.

Angelbean

This SSI Seyani Hair Butter makes me want to holler.

I've used it exactly one time and I want to order 5 more jars. It is sooo soft, but not creamy at first. It has no water content so it's exactly what I like to use over my leave in's (usually butter cream products with water as the 1st ingredient). But when you rub your hands together you get the most delicious soft, sweet smelling, hair creamy butter EVER.

I'm going to give myself three weeks of using it and then order 8 replacement jars and a VAT of the SSI Moisture Riche DC.

And probably the entirety of the SSI line because so far my hair loves it.

Ugh. Tomorrow morning I'm going to find other threads to share my love for this product.

I have been eyeing this butter so your review done gone and pushed me into ordering a jar or 2! Lol :yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Doing an Overnight "Oil Soak" with PALTAS Hair Rx (Saran Wrap & x2 Plastic Caps + Durag)

Will shampoo it out in the a.m. with Elucence Acidifying Shampoo.