OJON Review!

Boadicea

My Ojon products came from QVC, finally! Here's my review:

If you've never heard of Ojon, where have you been? They're in practically every fashion, living and beauty magazine. Even Fitness magazines took notice.

http://www.ojonhaircare.com is the official website.

Ojon Ultra Hydrating Shampoo:
This shampoo smells absolutely delicious! It reminds me of some kind of pastry or drink with vanilla and mocha in it. It spreads very easily, and just a small amount creates serious suds. It doesn't strip the hair dry, gets the hair clean easily and it made my hair scented, soft and shiny.

The Verdict:
10 out of 10

Ojon Ultra Hydrating Conditioner:
I just didn't like it. It's not very thick, doesn't spread very well, takes a lot of it to coat your hair (and the bottle isn't very big), doesn't hydrate very well for a regular conditioner. It's more of a glossing conditioner in that it gets your hair super shiny and allows for light detangling. I didn't find it "ultra hydrating" at all. It's perfect after other conditioners to add mega-watt shine.

The Verdict:
3 out of 10

Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment:
This product contains 100% pure plam nut oil and is really the star of the line. It's a solid that you rub (quite easily, really) into an oil and then apply it to your hair. It smells just as good on your hair as it does in the jar. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I have been into a few Starbucks (I like their Madelines) and it reminds me of the smell of a cappucino or something. It's not overbearing because you don't need much of this product for results.

You apply just half a teaspoon to your whole head (starting at the roots) and it instantly softens, moisturizes (THIS is actually ultra hydrating, unlike the conditioner) and adds shine (even holds down loose hair and fly-aways) like no one's business.

You leave this product in for at least 20 minutes (though leaving it on for longer is better. I leave it on overnight) to repair your hair. It's completely non-greasy so you don't have to worry about having stringy hair. My hair has never felt better. This takes the place of pre-shampoo treatments hands down.

The Verdict:
10 out of 10

L

LaNecia

Great Review, I've been wanting to try the Restorative Treatment! Thanks....

Now.... :wallbash: Why o' why did I read this? Off to EBay I go....

Last edited by a moderator:

Boadicea

Buy it! The Restorative Treatment is really worth it! If you want guaranteed softness, suppleness, moisture and shine, this is your product.

QVC may have a better deal that eBay. I don't know if it's on back-order or not, but they sell a three piece set of the shampoo, conditioner and the treatment for less that the price of just the shampoo and conditioner alone.

That's what I bought. The shampoo and conditioner come in 5 oz and the treatment is 3.3 oz. That might not sound like a lot, but I've been putting it all over my hair since a couple of days ago and it's still 99% full because a little bit of the treatment goes a looooong way!

You're really supposed to just use it once a week, but the more you use it the better. Realistically, the jar should last about a year.

Bmm

Boadicea said:
My Ojon products came from QVC, finally! Here's my review:

If you've never heard of Ojon, where have you been? They're in practically every fashion, living and beauty magazine. Even Fitness magazines took notice.

http://www.ojonhaircare.com is the official website.

Ojon Ultra Hydrating Shampoo:
This shampoo smells absolutely delicious! It reminds me of some kind of pastry or drink with vanilla and mocha in it. It spreads very easily, and just a small amount creates serious suds. It doesn't strip the hair dry, gets the hair clean easily and it made my hair scented, soft and shiny.

The Verdict:
10 out of 10

Ojon Ultra Hydrating Conditioner:
I just didn't like it. It's not very thick, doesn't spread very well, takes a lot of it to coat your hair (and the bottle isn't very big), doesn't hydrate very well for a regular conditioner. It's more of a glossing conditioner in that it gets your hair super shiny and allows for light detangling. I didn't find it "ultra hydrating" at all. It's perfect after other conditioners to add mega-watt shine.

The Verdict:
3 out of 10

Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment:
This product contains 100% pure plam nut oil and is really the star of the line. It's a solid that you rub (quite easily, really) into an oil and then apply it to your hair. It smells just as good on your hair as it does in the jar. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I have been into a few Starbucks (I like their Madelines) and it reminds me of the smell of a cappucino or something. It's not overbearing because you don't need much of this product for results.

You apply just half a teaspoon to your whole head (starting at the roots) and it instantly softens, moisturizes (THIS is actually ultra hydrating, unlike the conditioner) and adds shine (even holds down loose hair and fly-aways) like no one's business.

You leave this product in for at least 20 minutes (though leaving it on for longer is better. I leave it on overnight) to repair your hair. It's completely non-greasy so you don't have to worry about having stringy hair. My hair has never felt better. This takes the place of pre-shampoo treatments hands down.

The Verdict:
10 out of 10

I believe every word. My co-worjker uses this, and she loves it plus she has a beatuful head of hair. But Kera care has my hair whipped!!!

L

LaNecia

Bo, have you tried the Serum? I'm looking at it on QVC.com....you know how a kid lonly gazes at th candy rack at the checkout counter? :look:

OnlyErin

LaNecia said:
Bo, have you tried the Serum? I'm looking at it on QVC.com....you know how a kid lonly gazes at th candy rack at the checkout counter? :look:

I have that. I got it at Ricky's. I'm not a fan of Ojon. I had the whole line minus the serum and it just didn't do anything except weigh my hair down and I'm not overly crazy about the smell.

The serum is interesting. It has the palm nut oil in little beads and when you pump serum into your hands, the pump breaks open the beads so you have a nice mix of the silicone base and the palm oil. I use this on my ends and it works well, though I don't use it too often because my hair is not overly fond of cones.

My new obsession is the PureStrength system by Warren-Tricomi. It's expensive as hell, but I love it. It's almost the first time I've ever gotten a product that does what it says it does.

OE

Boadicea

These are the only three products that I've tried from the line. I've got my eye on the leave-in, the serum, and the volumizing foam, though!

It's like you have to slap someone down just to bid for it on eBay. It's going fast!

L

LaNecia

Boadicea said:
These are the only three products that I've tried from the line. I've got my eye on the leave-in, the serum, and the volumizing foam, though!

It's like you have to slap someone down just to bid for it on eBay. It's going fast!

:lol: I called Ojon and left a message for a rep to call me back for an order of the samples. Will updat after they get here and I give them a try.

Isis448

OnlyErin said:
I have that. I got it at Ricky's. I'm not a fan of Ojon. I had the whole line minus the serum and it just didn't do anything except weigh my hair down and I'm not overly crazy about the smell.

The serum is interesting. It has the palm nut oil in little beads and when you pump serum into your hands, the pump breaks open the beads so you have a nice mix of the silicone base and the palm oil. I use this on my ends and it works well, though I don't use it too often because my hair is not overly fond of cones.

My new obsession is the PureStrength system by Warren-Tricomi. It's expensive as hell, but I love it. It's almost the first time I've ever gotten a product that does what it says it does.

OE

I'm not a big fan of the smell either. Plus, with my thick hair, I have to use a lot of the restorive treatment to see any results. I think the system works best when I use the treatment before shampooing and then the conditioner as opposed to only using the shampoo and conditioner. The jury is still out on the serum, but I'm giving the whole system another whole month to see if I like it. I also ordered the styling cream or moisturizer or whatever was new on qvc.

KBA

I really like the Restorative Treatment too. I use it right before I shampoo/condition every week. The difference in my hair texture is that there is much less breakage.

I give it 9 out of 10.

It only uses a point for the smell, but I usually keep it on for a day 24 hrs to treat my hair, then wash. My ends have never looked this good, no kidding. My hair is pretty thick, so I have to use quite a bit.

queenofmean68

I asked if anyone was using the product months ago! Y'all are just now hearing & using this product???????

I'm not one to run out and buy the latest.....and since my hair is fine I was concerned if it would weigh my hair down. Not to mention I HATE loud smelling products.

KBA

Sorry queenofmean68, I'm not on the boards as much depending on my schedule. or else I would have posted a reply to your question. I've been using Ojon restorative about a 1x month or so I'd guess. It doesn't weigh down my hair, plus it rinses out. I like it, but not everyhing is for everybody. however, on qvc Many different hair types have seen positive results ranging from 1 to 4 hair types.

Boadicea

queenofmean68 said:
I asked if anyone was using the product months ago! Y'all are just now hearing & using this product???????

I'm not one to run out and buy the latest.....and since my hair is fine I was concerned if it would weigh my hair down. Not to mention I HATE loud smelling products.

No, no. Do a search. I'm the first person to post about it on this board, ever.

My mom's hair is really fine and it didn't weigh her hair down. I don't run out and jump on bandwagons either, I've had the same regimen using the same products for over a year.

queenofmean68

YOU DO A SEARCH!!!!!! I posted about this on 4-24-04!!!!! Use the 'advanced search' to find it.

Sorry girlfriend I asked about this long before you did! I kept asking and bumping it up and NEVER got any responses to it.

Boadicea said:
No, no. Do a search. I'm the first person to post about it on this board, ever.

My mom's hair is really fine and it didn't weigh her hair down. I don't run out and jump on bandwagons either, I've had the same regimen using the same products for over a year.

Last edited:

Boadicea

:look: Okaaay...

Anyhow, I'm going to give the conditioner another shot tonight but I don't think it'll be any different from when I used it a couple of days ago. It's just not doing anything for my hair. I'll probably finish the bottle this time since it's not so big.

I'm trying hard not to use the treatment more than once a week. It probably won't last as long as it should, the way I use it.

Dolapo

queenofmean68 said:
YOU DO A SEARCH!!!!!! I posted about this on 4-24-04!!!!! Use the 'advanced search' to find it.

Sorry girlfriend I asked about this long before you did! I kept asking and bumping it up and NEVER got any responses to it.

err...does it really matter who posted about this stuff first?:ohwell:

Dolapo

oh well....btw, this thingy is made from plam nut oil. does anyone know the other ingredients in it cos i have palm nut oil and im wondering if i can try to make it at home....

Boadicea

I'm guessing it should be at least a little similar if they both contain palm nut oil. I don't see any ingredients on the jar or the little booklet it came with. I'll see if I can find them.

LABETT

Thanks for the review Bo I will probably give the poo and treatment a try my hair usally like the same products as yours and I trust your reviews.

Boadicea

All righty! I found the ingredients to the Restorative Hair Treatment.

Here they are: Elaeis Oleifera(American Palm Oil), Parfum (Fragrance),Lecithin,Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate,Citric Acid,Serenoa Serrulata(Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract),Prunus Africana(Prunus Africana Bark Extract).

Apparently, the American palm grows in Central and South America, but at one time it was also found in Florida. African palm oil is the most popular and produces most of the world's source. It has the highest level of vitamin E.

So, I'm assuming you can use regular palm oil on your hair and get similar, perhaps better and cheaper results.

If you give it a shot, Dolapo, let us know how it goes for you!

You can get palm nut oil here: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/red_palm_oil.htm

Here's another one: http://www.evansgarden.com/

L

LaNecia

I received a call back from Ojon this afternoon, I ordered the samples (for $5.00) which should be here in 6-8 business days.

I'll post a mini review when they come in!

ccd

queenofmean68 said:
Ask your girl Boadicea about that. I know what I did and what I did not do.

Queen is this really necessary?

BUT since you do not want to search here ya go........
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=23427&highlight=Ojon

Boadicea! Thanks for your wonderful review as always you are very clear and concise!! I have been eyeing this but I think it is expensive...I thought about buying Palm nut oil on its own and using that...thanks for the additional info on that!
peace and love

bajanplums1

KBA said:
I really like the Restorative Treatment too. I use it right before I shampoo/condition every week. The difference in my hair texture is that there is much less breakage.

I give it 9 out of 10.

It only uses a point for the smell, but I usually keep it on for a day 24 hrs to treat my hair, then wash. My ends have never looked this good, no kidding. My hair is pretty thick, so I have to use quite a bit.
i wondered how it would work on 4a/b hair. Now is it any different from applying regualr palm nut oil from the African grocery store?

MissB

I tried the shampoo and it worked really well. I did not care for the conditioner. One day I will try the restorative treatment. I am hoping that my mom will take the hint and give it to me as a gift.