Ok, I want an honest answer.......please!!

TheNewFine

Some people consider saying "your hair looks like a weave" as the highest compliment in a twisted sort of way. Just like if you see a perfect piece of fruit you say, "wow, that looks so perfect it doesn't look real!" I'm sure that's what anon meant.

Cherokee, your hair is so incredibly thick and shiny and beautifully textured that it doesn't look real, meaning it's not hair that we see everyday - but thank God it's possible because that's why we are on this site!

To be honest, I CANNOT wait until my hair is long enough, thick enough, shiny enough for someone to question if it is a weave, CANNOT WAIT, OKAAAAAAY!!!!

Evazhair

:wallbash:Girl, they just mad. Plain and simple. no. Real hair is very distinguishable from fake hair. It is obvious that you have nice thick healthy hair and growing out your highlights. Whoever said that is miserable, jealous and need to focus on their own hair instead of paying way too much attention to yours. I have had a comment that seemed like a subliminal suggestion that my hair was a pony in my crappy avatar pic. I straight ignored them and will continue to do so. I still laugh because I know that is all my hair, so I really could give a *** what someone internet or irl has to say about my hair. period.Please adopt my philosophy, and don't give them any energy. Please ignore them, because I am starting to believe that some people get off on accusing people with obviously real hair of it being fake. I guess it makes them feel better about themselves, IDK. I think they get a kick of trying to put someone on the defensive, I really do.It doesn't make any sense to perpetrate like that, so if someone does, then they have problems that should be addressed by a professional, and it should be just left at that, IMO. Excuse my rambling. The ignorance is just sad.

Jade Feria

Uhhh....judging by your fotki pics.......NO!!! Your hair does not look like weave at all....the only thing I could think of that would make someone say that is your highlights. But even still, it's obvious that it's your hair. Don't let the haters get to you girl!

*looks at more of your fotki pics*

Honestly, that person has to be an IDIOT to think that your hair is a weave.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
The first time I saw your hair. I thought it was a weave. I wasn't jealous or hating or anything. Then I read your posts and was like :eek:, "It's real :eek:!! Wow, that's some seriously beautiful hair." You have a fine head of healthy hair. Even your highlights look healthy and not dryish like many I've seen. So yeah, at first glance your hair may look like a weave because it's so healthy and dunno how to describe... But it's good.

Yeah, I thought the same; however, I would never, ever leave a nasty remark like that in anyone's fotki. You have lovely hair, btw!! Don't let someone's idiotic comments get you down!
Thanks for the honesty ladies. It is really appreciated. I guess it will help me deal better with fools like that. I get "your hair looks fake" ish around me all the time, but I know they're just jokin with me b/c they know my hair is real. But for some idiot on the net who doesn't know me from Adam, I guess they can be so bold as to say something like that. I can't sit here and honestly say that if the shoe was on the other foot, I probably would think the same thing. But hey, why lie about hair??!:nono: I know people who have done it, I'm just not one of them. It's stupid to lie about something like that. It's just hair for cryin out loud........

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Beautiful hair :yep::yep::yep:. I noticed you had blackstrap molasses for pre poo, exactly how do you use it? I use blackstrap molasses, but it's to make fertilizer for my plants :lachen:. Boy I thought I was a PJ, until I saw your cabinet, I still have a ways to go.

Yes, I just take the molasses and mix it with a cheapie conditioner like VO5 or something and part my hair into 3 sections and apply the mixture from roots to ends. Be careful though, it can get a bit sticky and messy. Oh, and you will definitely need to make sure you use a bit more conditioner in the mixture just so the molasses don't dry up and end up being sticky and hard to get out. It's a really good prepoo. I love it:lick::yawn:

hopeful

Your hair is really pretty. I have to admit that your bun looked a little fake to me too but mostly just because it's so massive, but after looking at your other pics it was very obvious that all of that beautiful hair is yours. I only allow comments from fotki members, that seems to do the trick. Whatever you do, don't shut down your fotki, you have no idea how many people you may be inspiring...and remember for everyone 1 mean person you likely have 100 admirers.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
:wallbash:Girl, they just mad. Plain and simple. no. Real hair is very distinguishable from fake hair. It is obvious that you have nice thick healthy hair and growing out your highlights. Whoever said that is miserable, jealous and need to focus on their own hair instead of paying way too much attention to yours. I have had a comment that seemed like a subliminal suggestion that my hair was a pony in my crappy avatar pic. I straight ignored them and will continue to do so. I still laugh because I know that is all my hair, so I really could give a *** what someone internet or irl has to say about my hair. period.Please adopt my philosophy, and don't give them any energy. Please ignore them, because I am starting to believe that some people get off on accusing people with obviously real hair of it being fake. I guess it makes them feel better about themselves, IDK. I think they get a kick of trying to put someone on the defensive, I really do.It doesn't make any sense to perpetrate like that, so if someone does, then they have problems that should be addressed by a professional, and it should be just left at that, IMO. Excuse my rambling. The ignorance is just sad.

And what's even more sad is that it will never stop:nono::nono:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Ditto. I was under the assumption it was until now honestly. You have very nice hair.

To stop unwanted comments you can disable fotki comments from anonymous people and you can enable IP tracking :yep:
I've already limited posting to fotki members only. How can I enable IP tracking? And thanks for sharing this

Maynard

Truth? I thought it was fake....b/c of the colors...Relieved to know it isn't...Your hair is really pretty..and thick! :yep:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Truth? I thought it was fake....b/c of the colors...Relieved to know it isn't...Your hair is really pretty..and thick! :yep:
Yes, truth, and thanks!! Geesh, I might need to get rid of that color. But, I can't:nono::nono: It has really grown on me and I'm so sad it's fading away. The only trouble now I have is finding another color exactly like it.

Mortons

Now that fool knew good and well she could see scalp in that photo :nono: Some people are just a mess. Sorry that happened

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Yes, truth, and thanks!! Geesh, I might need to get rid of that color. But, I can't:nono::nono: It has really grown on me and I'm so sad it's fading away. The only trouble now I have is finding another color exactly like it.
Why would you get rid of your color? Because of some fool on fotki? Girl, forget that hater! Your hair is for you to enjoy (and for us to envy:look:).

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Why would you get rid of your color? Because of some fool on fotki? Girl, forget that hater! Your hair is for you to enjoy (and for us to envy:look:).
I'm not going to get rid of it. I'm just going to let it fade out as planned. I do have some Colourshines in Coffee Bean that I want to try out though, but not until I get this breakage situation under control.

blackbarbie

Miss Cherokee,
You and I both know better!! I understand what you're saying about your color being only on the "outsides" and also by it being chunky, as it is growing out, it may look odd to some in your buns, but I guess b/c I am familiar with the grow out process of color, it never even crossed my mind to think of your hair as a weave. In fact, when I first saw the pic in your avi with the curls, all I could say was "WOW"! and then when I saw that big ole fat bun, all I could say again was "WOW WOW!!"

I am going to give the poster of that comment the benefit of the doubt and say that they're just a new member and have not yet come across some of the beautiful heads of hair on this board, so their first instinct was to just think your hair was a weave.:perplexed (o.k. I tried:grin:)

Take care hon!

BB

trini_rican

I'm an "added hair" expert and that is Not added hair! Someone is hatin on you but you know what? That's one more fan for your fan club. Don't let it get you down. You should feel better because no matter what's said you know the truth - it's all you ma. They can't take that away no matter what they have to say. Don't be upset - it's only giving them power. Smile and keep it movin sweetie - You and your hair are beautiful.

coconow2007

your hair is lovely - not sure why someone would think it was not real if they looked at your hair album I am sure they could see it was all u - oh well just my two cents

krissynick

Hello

I looked at the messy bun and honestly.. since thats what u asked for it did look like hair was added to the bun. But as you look closer and look at the pics in the fotki, its obvious to see its not. I mean maybe the person meant to start trouble and maybe she didnt but I wouldnt worry bout it. You know that your hair is really regardless of what anyones said. All through high school people thought my hair was weave and its annoying but I guess you get use to it. Another thing.. for some reason girls seem to think that us black girls cant grow nice long hair anyway so its always a big thing when they see one with long hair. They have to always say something but thast just how it is girl..

STLCoverGirl

Your hair looks great, I think someone assuming your hair is weave is a compliment. Your hair looks thick and healthy...work it, and let the haters do what they do.

SoOoNY

I am not gonna lie... I have seen your siggy in a few other threads and thought it was a phony bun... but when I actually saw ur fotki. I was like damn her hair is beautiful... tell those fools to shut up.. ( I wanna say something else since I have a potty mouth but ill be cordial:look:). YOUR HAIR IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! The texture is amazing. You say your a 3c... I may have to re-evaluate my hair type...lol... cause i say imma 3c but i dont think mines look like urs... and Im glad ur going natural cause ur natural texture... (from roller setting fotki) is amazing...

Jetblackhair

Oh wow Miss Cherokee, your hair is absolutely stunning, especially the color! It does not look like a weave at all to me. I've never even thought about questioning your bun in your siggy. I always assumed it was yours. I'm waiting for the day I am able to do a big messy bun.

Well, for sure who ever left the message in your fotki is hatin' and has nothng better to do...would like to see what her hair looks like:lachen:

Yellowflowers

And I mean, I really do want an honest answer. Does my hair look like a weave? Does my hair look fake? I'm not asking this to be conceited, but I just want to know why in the hell someone just posted that snide arse comment on my fotki, but did so anonymously??!? Have I p!$$#& someone off on this board to make them say such a foolish comment? Why do people act like that? And furthermore, I would like to know why if you have the balls to leave the comment, you don't have the balls to show your name? And I know it can't be anyone but an LHCF member b/c they are the only ones who could have access to my pw. I haven't done anything to anyone on here (at least, not that I can think of) but yet, I see someone wants to be ignorant and bother me for no ****** reason. I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but people like that really tick me off and it's sad b/c they have nothing better to do than sit there and stare at a person's pics to tell whether or not it's a weave. Get a life!! And for the record, to the hater that posted that comment, no sweetie, it's not a weave:nono::nono:Glad to say that it's all mine. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

Miss Cherokee,

I love those highlights. I wish I could get them but I'm scared. That was just a vicious cowardly self hater who wants to pull someone eles down in the dumps with her. She was hoping like hell that it was weave.:lachen:

She thought she was putting you on blast but I know on some level she must feel really ignant that she wasn't able to put you down.

It must really be miserable to exist in a state of self loathing, secretly hating and throwing stones at others.

Don't let it bother you though, cause at the end of the day, you know that it is yours and it is real.

ojthomas

your hair is very beautiful and I don't think it is a weave, sad folks have to be so jealous, but Karma is a *****! so let the haters keep hating! When they come out bald headed like RuPaul:yep: Yep I said it, they'll know it was karma that bit them in the arss:grin:

MissLawyerLady

Miss Cherokee, I always thought that was all your hair. Its nice to know the haters are on their job- no unemployment there:nono:. Anyway, never attribute to malice what is best explained by stupidity!

BTW, "put that in your pipe and smoke it!".....the only other person I ever heard say that was my mom so, I'ma have to add you as a friend!:lachen: