Ok, I want an honest answer.......please!!

pazyamor

Some people are just so consumed with self-loathing that the very thought of us moving forward in any way; professionally, aesthitically, emotionally, is just too much for the stationary to understand. In other words, you have gorgeous, obviously-real hair (from the scalp showing in the pictures) that this Miss Anonymous can't fathom, nor appreciate. Keep doing what your doing, and remember: another hater, is just another fan to the club; because you gotta be doing something right to make them want to hate!:grin:

moore.1506

Sorry that happened but take it as a complement:yep:
When I first saw your hair I can understand why someone might think it was weave (highlights and texture) but if one is smart enough to actually look at the pic they can see that your hair is the same texture from scalp to ends. And if they looked all through your pics they will see the scalp photos. Thats something I thought this board was about, showing honest progress why would someone think you put a weave in then go through all the trouble of making a album:nono:.

Don't worry about haters talking all that :grunt:! Lol
You're a hair inspiration!!!

Last edited:

aprilj

I'm sorry that you had to experience such ignorance. Keep your head up and keep doing what you're doing...your hair is gorgeous (HUGS):hug2:

PAPRIKA

your hair is very real and pretty. you have a lot of hair to put in that big ol bun. just imagine what they'll have to say once you hit WL. :perplexed Just do your thing and give em more to talk about. :yep:

hothair

Girl, yes:yep: your hair DOES look like a weave, I've been paying good money for that look:lachen:. I say take it as a compliment and keep it moving, it is unfortunate the person chose to be snide about it but hey, bet they wish your hair was theirs :)

ShiShiPooPoo

I wish the person who wrote that would speak up so we can all bumrush her/him.

I showed my husband a picture of your hair just last night (hope you don't mind) to show him how pretty it is and he was like "Whoa. So are you gonna let your hair get that long?":poledancer:

Anyway, I think anyone who knows a little about hair (and especially someone from here) would know your hair is not a weave so we can deduce that this chick (or whoever) was trying to be funny.

Big Dummy.

cocosweet

Your hair looks beautiful, but at the same time I understand why she thought it was weave-a-licious.

How many of us in our day to day lives see sistas with busted looking see through hair? Or know people who's hair only looks good because they keep a fresh cut or their weaves done. Healthy looking hair that grew out of a sista's head seems to be an anomaly in some places.

I think its quite stank to leave a message like that on someone's fotki though.

Allandra

I think your hair looks very nice.

Obviously, someone is jealous of your hair and decided to post that silly comment. What a shame.

This is the reason why I'll probably never share hair pics again. People can be so jealous and cruel.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I'm an "added hair" expert and that is Not added hair! Someone is hatin on you but you know what? That's one more fan for your fan club. Don't let it get you down. You should feel better because no matter what's said you know the truth - it's all you ma. They can't take that away no matter what they have to say. Don't be upset - it's only giving them power. Smile and keep it movin sweetie - You and your hair are beautiful.
Thank you trini_rican, that makes me feel alot better. I don't even fool with "added hair" (no offense to people who do). The only time I get "added hair" is when I do cornrows w/ extensions. I've always said if I got it, I'm going to flaunt it b/c it's a natural God-given blessing and a truly amazing gift. Shoot, my mom would tell me stories about my little cousins and my sisters being jealous of my hair when I was growing up. It wasn't until I got older that they actually admitted it. But now, whenever I go home, they can't wait to see my hair!!! And because of me, they've started to let go of the weaves and do the natural thing too. It's taking them some time to get used to it all, but they're working on it and making great progress.

Miss Cherokee,
You and I both know better!! I understand what you're saying about your color being only on the "outsides" and also by it being chunky, as it is growing out, it may look odd to some in your buns, but I guess b/c I am familiar with the grow out process of color, it never even crossed my mind to think of your hair as a weave. In fact, when I first saw the pic in your avi with the curls, all I could say was "WOW"! and then when I saw that big ole fat bun, all I could say again was "WOW WOW!!"

I am going to give the poster of that comment the benefit of the doubt and say that they're just a new member and have not yet come across some of the beautiful heads of hair on this board, so their first instinct was to just think your hair was a weave.:perplexed (o.k. I tried:grin:)

Take care hon!

BB
Thanks girl, I knew I'd see you in here somewhere. When someone says something about the color, I want to shout out "look at blackbarbie's hair! She has color too and her hair obviously isn't fake!! Her hair is amazing!!!":grin::grin: But I know better. Color is color. Ever since I started dying my hair, it's never been professional, and it's never been consistent. It's always been in big chunks here and there. Well, when I dyed it this time, I dipped my fingers in the mixture (with gloves on of course) and just started running my fingers all through my hair. The result was a carrot-top on top and black underneath. I came to love it and wish I could do it again, but the next color I get will be done professionally.

Oh wow Miss Cherokee, your hair is absolutely stunning, especially the color! It does not look like a weave at all to me. I've never even thought about questioning your bun in your siggy. I always assumed it was yours. I'm waiting for the day I am able to do a big messy bun.

Well, for sure who ever left the message in your fotki is hatin' and has nothng better to do...would like to see what her hair looks like:lachen:
Thank you girl, and I'd love to see what it looks like too:perplexed

dlewis

People can be mean. Members have asked me that. And that's the reason I don't allow comments in my album and after this month it will be closed. You are always gonna have those type comments so don't worry about it.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I am not gonna lie... I have seen your siggy in a few other threads and thought it was a phony bun... but when I actually saw ur fotki. I was like damn her hair is beautiful... tell those fools to shut up.. ( I wanna say something else since I have a potty mouth but ill be cordial:look:). YOUR HAIR IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! The texture is amazing. You say your a 3c... I may have to re-evaluate my hair type...lol... cause i say imma 3c but i dont think mines look like urs... and Im glad ur going natural cause ur natural texture... (from roller setting fotki) is amazing...
You and everyone else. Even my mom questioned me about it when I went home for Thanksgiving. She was being funny though cause she knew it was mine. As far as the texture, dlewis advised me that I was a type 3. And I trust her word (as does everyone else), so I let it be. But girl, please don't pay any attention to those rollersetting pics in my fotki. They were utterly horrible, and I thought about taking them down. My hair was a hot mess that day:perplexed

Some people are just so consumed with self-loathing that the very thought of us moving forward in any way; professionally, aesthitically, emotionally, is just too much for the stationary to understand. In other words, you have gorgeous, obviously-real hair (from the scalp showing in the pictures) that this Miss Anonymous can't fathom, nor appreciate. Keep doing what your doing, and remember: another hater, is just another fan to the club; because you gotta be doing something right to make them want to hate!:grin:

I've come to this conclusion too. That's why when I catch heat around here, I laugh and walk off. I no longer sit there and try to get people to understand that we all need to come together and embrace each other for the better of our community and culture, I just let them be. I try to help who I can, and those that give me trouble, I keep it moving. It's just sad that people have gotten so brainwashed about minority women and weaves that it's almost to the point where some people just don't understand that it doesn't have to be that way. It wasn't always like that, so why can't they understand that black women are on the come up? Weaves are hot, but natural is even hotter!! On that note, thank you for the compliment:yep:

I wish the person who wrote that would speak up so we can all bumrush her/him.

I showed my husband a picture of your hair just last night (hope you don't mind) to show him how pretty it is and he was like "Whoa. So are you gonna let your hair get that long?":poledancer:

Anyway, I think anyone who knows a little about hair (and especially someone from here) would know your hair is not a weave so we can deduce that this chick (or whoever) was trying to be funny.

Big Dummy.
Girl no you didn't!! Nah, I'm just kidding, I don't mind. Thank you, and now that I think about it too, she probably was just being sarcastic or trying to be funny. Whatever it was, she didn't have to do what she did.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
People can be mean. Members have asked me that. And that's the reason I don't allow comments in my album and after this month it will be closed. You are always gonna have those type comments so don't worry about it.
Thank you dlewis. Anyone who's had anything negative or bad to say about your hair should be stomped on. It's so beautiful and so are you and since I've been a member here, you've always been one of my biggest inspirations. Are you permanently closing your album?!?

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I think your hair looks very nice.

Obviously, someone is jealous of your hair and decided to post that silly comment. What a shame.

This is the reason why I'll probably never share hair pics again. People can be so jealous and cruel.

Thanks allandra. And that brings up a very good point: I've never seen your hair!! I would looovvvveee to see pics if you have any (I'm so sorry all of the ignorant fools out there ruined it for everybody).

dlewis

Thank you dlewis. Anyone who's had anything negative or bad to say about your hair should be stomped on. It's so beautiful and so are you and since I've been a member here, you've always been one of my biggest inspirations. Are you permanently closing your album?!?

I'll open it for updates only.

Don't let those type comments worry you. If they thought it was a weave they should have just keep it moving. If I don't have anything positive to say I keep quite.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
your hair is very real and pretty. you have a lot of hair to put in that big ol bun. just imagine what they'll have to say once you hit WL. :perplexed Just do your thing and give em more to talk about. :yep:
That's exactly what I'm waiting on: WL:yep::yep: This is the very reason (among being told I can't do it) that I'm trying my hardest to reach WL. All of these women on here have been such an inspiration to me, and I wouldn't be even thinking of WL if I knew I couldn't do it. But that's why I come here. Inspiration. Hell, b/c of this board, I've achieved a length (MBL) that I have now that I never even thought was possible. I knew I could have long hair, but back then, I really damaged my hair. Now that I know better, I'm goin for the gold!~!

Girl, yes:yep: your hair DOES look like a weave, I've been paying good money for that look:lachen:. I say take it as a compliment and keep it moving, it is unfortunate the person chose to be snide about it but hey, bet they wish your hair was theirs :)
Girl you are silly

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I'll open it for updates only.

Don't let those type comments worry you. If they thought it was a weave they should have just keep it moving. If I don't have anything positive to say I keep quite.
I agree whole-heartedly:yep::yep: That's what I've always been taught and my kids (if I ever have any:grin:) will be taught the exact same thing. BTW, I was getting ready to PM you about that slogan in your siggy (I think you just took it down). I heard someone else say that before and I fell in love with that saying. I tell my brothers that all the time:grin:

Nola Darling

To be honest, when I first came to LHCF I thought you had on a phoney pony on your siggy pic. I didn't think you were trying to fool anyone though..I just thought it was a protective style of yours. You had your hair pulled back into a ponytail maybe two siggys ago. But then I saw your hair out I figured out it was yours. I really think the highlights give it that "fake" look.

Your hair is great! I can't wait until people say my hair looks fake:grin:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
To be honest, when I first came to LHCF I thought you had on a phoney pony on your siggy pic. I didn't think you were trying to fool anyone though..I just thought it was a protective style of yours. You had your hair pulled back into a ponytail maybe two siggys ago. But then I saw your hair out I figured out it was yours. I really think the highlights give it that "fake" look.

Your hair is great! I can't wait until people say my hair looks fake:grin:

Thanks girlie! Wow, I guess it really is the color. It doesn't matter though, cause I'm not getting rid of it. I guess I can say the only thing fake about my hair is the color. Other than that, those naturally grown strands took me years to grow and it wasn't all peaches and cream either!!:nono:

favorc

Wow how sad! striaght up hatin'. your is beautiful and obvisously you are doing something right. keep up the good work. :urock:

geishagrrl24

I just have to say that your hair is so beautiful! Some of 'us' want to bring others down but from what I have seen the women on LHCF as a whole seem to be really nice and I am sooo sorry that you has someone put that snide comment on your foki. You have inspired me and i'm sure you inspire others...Just keep up the good work and don't pay attention to any of the negative!

cheers!
:grin:

bravenewgirl87

I know you don't want to hear this but:

Truth be told, depending on how people see black women and their hair, it would be easy for someone to think you're trying to pass your hair off as your own instead of admitting its a weave. You're texture and length can be viewed as very unusual for someone of your complexion. Most people don't associate long, wavy or curly hair with darker complected women. Obviously, we at LHCF here know better, but think of all the women who do not.

I had several friends growing up with your hair texture who were dark and/or mixed with indigenous blood. If it were not for that experience with those women and LHCF, then I would think the same as the person who left the comment. THey just don't know any better and you really shouldn't let it get you down.

BTW:
Nice hair!:yep: And it probably wasn't someone from LHCF who wrote it. people can search for photos and come up with yours, even if it is password protected.

Last edited:

Leslie_C

Miss Cherokee,
wow ppl really need to get a life. Who do they think they are, the weave police? I thought you and your hair were exceptionally pretty from the get go, but the thought never even crossed my mind that it might be a weave.:nono:

Anyone who would spend all this time on the boards, taking pics of their "hair" passing fake off as real, etc,etc would seriously have even less of a life than people who are the weave police going from fotki to fotki spotting out real versus fake hair lol:lachen:. I just dont see anyone taking the time to do that. It makes no sense to me...
Then again the ones who are going around trying to spot fake hair are probably the same ones who would try to pass off a weave as real hair bc obviously they want some type of attention/recognition or something.

baby42

i just left looking at your hair it looks real to me:yep: by the way love the highlights, dont let it get to you:nono:let them hate:lachen:

NessaNessa

Although I know that is your real hair, there was a point I actually thought it was a weave. My thought wasnt attributed to the length, but moreso the color. Anywho, you have beautiful hair and the only time I see sheen like that is when I am doing an oil rinse :lol:

Keep up the good job girlie!!! :yep:

pistachio

Although I know that is your real hair, there was a point I actually thought it was a weave. My thought wasnt attributed to the length, but moreso the color. Anywho, you have beautiful hair and the only time I see sheen like that is when I am doing an oil rinse :lol:

Keep up the good job girlie!!! :yep:

I just wanted to say that your nephew is very cute!!! He looks like a little sweet pea!!!

LadyZ

ITA, with what the ladies have said...
You have some of the most gorgeous hair I have seen...
I love the highlights also...
Don't give the *hater* of satisfaction of disrupting your life in anyway... That is what they like...

Go on with you bad self... Nice, Beautiful, thick, healthy hair, A bun to die for, and good looking on top of that... WOW WHEEEEE

Be very proud and confident in what God has given you...
Your hair make most of drool....

The *hater* is just mad, cause she has to clip her bun on... and it still looks like sh!t on her....:lachen:

ajargon02

I've noticed your siggy before and I always thought that the bun in your siggy pic had hair added to it! :eek:.....I guess it's because the contrast in colors. You have beautiful hair! :grin:
I'd just take those comments as a compliment and swang all that luscious hair! Haters are everywhere, don't let em get to you. :nono:

ETA: I did NOT post that comment.

I cosign with the others. If someone said that bone head comment
:)hammer: )maybe they are "admiring" your hair and maybe they just "don't know any better". I can understand how you would be upset, but honey BRUSH YOUR SHOULDERS OFF, and keep on walking!!!! Apparently you're doing something right. I would choose to take a positive approach and just say hey, people are people and sometimes say dumb stuff. :grouphug: for you from all of us, it's ok hun.

NessaNessa

I just wanted to say that your nephew is very cute!!! He looks like a little sweet pea!!!

Girl, dont be fooled!!!!! He is a little monster, but I love him soooo much. Thanks, I'll be sure to tell him. And his response will be 'Mine' or 'No!!' :lol: