OK now i really need your help!!! Long story.

Anancy

My hair is dry tangled and breaking, well it's not as bad as it was last week. Can you help please :perplexed.

Basically i've just moved to Canada and im on a real tight budget until i get a job, i don't have the hair products that i would normally use for my hair so i need tips on stuff that i can use from the kitchen.

I took out some twists i had in for 2 months and i didn't do a pre-poo coz i thought i didn't have any amla oil (which i just found) and i used my hubbys Dove 2 in 1 poo/conditioner, then i dc with castor oil/peppermint EO.
My hair felt like crap.

When i found my amla oil (i only have a small amount left) i decided to wash my hair again, this time i did a pre-treatment with mayonnaise and some honey. Washed again with Dove (this doesn't compare to my CON by the way) conditioned with HE Hello Hydration conditioner (it was cheap) then DC with Amla oil and an Allways leave in conditioner i bought (which im not sure i like yet).

I've since just been moistering my hair 2x daily with the leave in conditioner, and i've done a C/W with the hello hydration.

My hair is doing better, but it has taken quite a while and it's still not feeling as moisterised as it used to feel and im still getting some shedding and a lil breakage but just not as bad.

What can i use that's in my kitchen to fix this problem? I might do a mayo treatment again and this time add eggs, what about garlic?
I think i will have a look around to see if i can buy CON poo from somewhere and tomorrow im going to a store which should hopefully have my amla oil and i really need coconut oil.

What would you do - remember im on a budget.

TIA for your help.

check the recipe thread. One good moisturizing pre-poo i've used from there is banana, avocado, egg and something else. I can't remember. Banana's are supposed to be really moisturizing. Also, have you tried adding aloe vera gel and honey to hello hydration. it may work. hth.

Check your water. You just moved right? Make sure you don't have hard water. That can throw your hair out of whack.

check the recipe thread. One good moisturizing pre-poo i've used from there is banana, avocado, egg and something else. I can't remember. Banana's are supposed to be really moisturizing. Also, have you tried adding aloe vera gel and honey to hello hydration. it may work. hth.

Thanks Sandy, infact i do remember something about banana's being moisterising. I'll have a look for the recipe.

You could try a caramel treatment...the ingredients are pretty much all easily accessible.

I usually do my own version with coconut milk, honey, banana, and a little acv.

Oils - Peanut, Olive

Conditioners - Banana, Avocado

Cleansers - Baking Soda, Apple Cider Vinegar

Other - Honey, molasses, Aloe Vera Juice, Coconut Milk

Avocado mixed with oils/honey/egg is a GREAT treatment. Banana is also good, but a little less heavy and intensive. When mixing, make sure that you really blend all the lumps out. Otherwise, you'll have bits of fruit stuck in your hair.

Straight Baking Soda clarifies the hair, but just a spoonful or so in a good amount of a cheap conditioner is great for a gentle cleansing. Also, if you add it to a normal shampoo, it makes the shampoo a clarifying shampoo that is more gentle than most clarifying poos.

Honey is good to add into conditioners because it's a humectant and has antifungal properties (notice how it never spoils). Aloe vera juice is good to add to conditioners and as a light leave in.

Peanut oil is a mostly overlooked, CHEAP oil that is rich, heavy and conditioning. It also doesn't have much of a scent.

Coconut milk is a great conditioner. Add it to any dc or use it as a pre poo (some people use it as a DC, but it's a liquid and gets to messy when used like that imo) and your hair will be so soft!

Also, I made a list of cheap, but effective products in my fotki. Maybe that'll help.

http://public.fotki.com/Neith/affordable-products-list/

My hair budget is like $40 - $50 per month. I feel like a minority here... a lot of people spend 40 dollars on ONE product :lol: but my hair is healthy! You really don't need to spend a lot of money on your hair.

Hope I helped!

Back