OK.. so i decided that i wanted to do a one year stretch....any tips?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
after watching some youtube videos of other stretchers and seeing the BIGness of their hair...I WANT TO STRETCH TOO! my hair is big but now i want it REALLY BIG... so stretching is the sure way to have bigger hair right.

anyone have any tips for me or is there anyone who wants to join me?

should there be a one year stretch challenge?:look:

Last edited:

Poopiedo

Good luck to you. I've never done a stretch that long but I would think the tips would be the same as a shorter stretch, low manipulation, keep moisture and protein levels balanced, condition frequently, tie your hair up at night with satin or silk, no rough detangling and combing, pay attention to the line of demarcation, and treat your hair like fine silk.

My goal is a 6 month stretch. Big hair is gawjus!

Bluetopia

after watching some youtube videos of other stretchers and seeing the BIGness of their hair...I WANT TO STRETCH TOO! my hair is big but now i want it REALLY BIG... so stretching is the sure way to have bigger hair right.

anyone have any tips for me or is there anyone who wants to join me?

should there be a one year stretch challenge?:look:

There already is an ongoing, popular long term stretch thread. It's called "Inspired By Sylver2" And as the name states...it was inspired by Sylver2 who successfully did a 1 year stretch a while back.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...ired-sylver2-long-term-stretch-challenge.html

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
There already is an ongoing, popular long term stretch thread. It's called "Inspired By Sylver2" And as the name states...it was inspired by Sylver2 who successfully did a 1 year stretch a while back.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...ired-sylver2-long-term-stretch-challenge.html

Thanks!!!! i just went in there and :grin::grin::grin::grin:. im plan on reading all pages :yep:.
its funny how i never saw that challenge, i guess its becuase i wasnt looking for it untill i thought about stretching.:lol:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i have been stretching since april of 2010....i plan to touch up my texlax in february.

i will say that from june to december i was in a weave....i just hide my hair usually when i stretch. i normally stretch 6 months at a time.

i decided to go a bit longer this time.

my tips....

detangle when your hair is strongest...before you wet it.

i apply olive oil to my hair to soften the new growth and aid in detangling. it give my hair slip.

i deep condition on dry hair before i shampoo to soften the new growth and fortify the demarc line.

i wash my hair one sulfate free shampoo only and i wash in braids. suave clarifying condish is good too or whatever you use to co wash.....anything that dries the hair out like shampoo will make your hair horrible to deal with once you have gone longer that 6 months.

then i apply condish one more time for ten minutes to aid with softness.

undo each braid to apply leave ins and braid them right back up to keep the new growth stretched.

i air dry in braids. then i cornrow my hair up and wear a half wig OR blow dry the roots on cool and do a bun, ponytail or flat iron.

low manipulation is key. conditioning is key. detangling is key.

isioma85

I do six month stretches and while my hair is protected under my weaves about 80% of the time, when I have it out I need conditioners with more slip. Especially towards the end of the stretch, man those textures don't get along :arguing:

I've added high cone serums to my conditioners too to help with slip + DC benefits. And I try to wash in braids to prevent the demarcation line from breaking while massaging in cowashes and shampoos. HTH.

destine2grow

I am doing a 1 year stretch! I'm currently 13 wks post! i read all pages of the long stretch thread and there is some really good tips in there! I wish u the best of luck!