Ok who know for SURE that one day in the future they r gonna be feature of the month

guesswho

I am! Sometime in the future, not no time soon but in the future what about you? And what you doing to get there?

gymfreak336

That would be my ultimate goal. I don't care when it happens but I feel like I have been on an emotional rollercoaster with my hair. Being a feature of the month would really be icing on the cake. I do have a couple of people that I am campaining for now on the low. I even got a slogan for one of them

*Don't be foolish, vote for Dlewis*

Whatcha think:cool:

*Michelle*

Re: Ok who know for SURE that one day in the future they r gonna be feature of the mo

gymfreak336 said:
That would be my ultimate goal. I don't care when it happens but I feel like I have been on an emotional rollercoaster with my hair. Being a feature of the month would really be icing on the cake. I do have a couple of people that I am campaining for now on the low. I even got a slogan for one of them

*Don't be foolish, vote for Dlewis*

Whatcha think:cool:

LOL! I like it!

Y'all will make it :D

camellia

I think the mods or Beverly pick the feature of the month.

I don't know if I'll ever me FOTM, but if I reach my final goal I'll be satisfied. I have a handful of sisters in m,ind that I keep expecting to be FOTM, some of them already have been.:)

BrooklynSouth

I doubt it.
Ditto, ditto, ditto:confused: . I am puzzled by the selection process also. I give Rachique F.O.M. her props for having a lovely head of hair in her thumbnail but I cannot find any other photos and I'd like to see more, where are they?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

camellia said:

I don't know if I'll ever me FOTM, but if I reach my final goal I'll be satisfied. I have a handful of sisters in m,ind that I keep expecting to be FOTM, some of them already have been.:)

You've never been??!! Are you sure? :lachen: I would have sworn that you had been already!

LadyCee

i want 2 know tooo how do u get picked is there an application lol im nowhr near just wanna know:D

glamazon386

MissMadaam said:
Speaking of feature of the month...how are they picked????

I'd like to know too. I think the mods just pick people. I think it also depends on how long you've been on the board, how much progress you've made since then and if you have an album. I doubt if I'd ever be feature of the month though.

LadyPaniolo

Re: Ok who know for SURE that one day in the future they r gonna be feature of the mo

That would be like winning Miss America for me!!!!!!

You know, someday I'm going to have that classic length hair. It may take me 7 years, but I'm going to get there. And the sweetness of that achievement will be even greater when I make Feature of the Month!!!!!!!!
*runs away sobbing*

Empress Yahudah

camellia

O I C ... U should def be in the running for FOTM :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMadaam
Speaking of feature of the month...how are they picked????

Originally Replied by bmoreflyygirl
I'd like to know too. I think the mods just pick people. I think it also depends on how long you've been on the board, how much progress you've made since then and if you have an album. I doubt if I'd ever be feature of the month though.
Ok thanx for explaining it .. I was always thinking do people vote or what .. U'll be a FOTM one day just keep growing and caring for that beautiful natural hair u have:) ..We both will :D

Last edited:

glamazon386

MissMadaam said:
O I C ... U should def be in the running for FOTM :)

Ok thanx for explaining it .. I was always thinking do people vote or what .. U'll be a FOTM one day just keep growing and caring for that beautiful natural hair u have:) ..We both will :D

Thanks MissMadaam :)

fattyfatfat

I think I'll be fotm in January 2010. Thats my month and year -- no one try around then ok? :p

ETA: Even though many of us havent been fotm, Ive seen so many postive comments in threads about each others hair. Sometimes I get PM's with ladies telling me that my hair has improved. That makes me feel nice and motivated to keep caring for my hair. Hopefully we can PM each other or make quick comments in the threads to motivate each other instead of waiting to be fotm (not hating on it though).

Last edited:

SignatureBeauty

I know I would never be a FOTM no matter how much progress I am making, I say this because my hair goal is only unstretched shoulder length, even though I have made progress with my crown & my edges and have started from scratch, I don't think that is enough, Plus my hair will not be Long enough LOL!!!!

Blackoutzangel05

NappyParadise said:
I know I would never be a FOTM no matter how much progress I am making, I say this because my hair goal is only unstretched shoulder length, even though I have made progress with my crown & my edges and have started from scratch, I don't think that is enough, Plus my hair will not be Long enough LOL!!!!

I could be wrong but I believe that I have seen past FOTM that had healthy shoulder length hair. Not all of them had extremely long hair....but I could be wrong, thought I remembered seeing it in the archives though...

As for me I would be greatly honored to be one in the future....distant future. Right now I am still working on getting my hair to be where I want it to be health wise and length wise. After achieving my hair goal, it would be great to have that honor bestowed upon me as well....But as someone mentioned earlier, I get a lot of positive comments, via PM's and threads about my hair that it keeps me going toward my goals...

GoingNatural

I do wonder what makes someone FOTM material. There are a few ladies that haven't been chosen yet and I can't figure it out yet.

I hope to be FOTM July 2010 :)

GoingNatural

danithefatty said:
I think I'll be fotm in January 2010. Thats my month and year -- no one try around then ok? :p

ETA: Even though many of us havent been fotm, Ive seen so many postive comments in threads about each others hair. Sometimes I get PM's with ladies telling me that my hair has improved. That makes me feel nice and motivated to keep caring for my hair. Hopefully we can PM each other or make quick comments in the threads to motivate each other instead of waiting to be fotm (not hating on it though).

I totally agree!

luv04

Hmm here since 2004..steady hoping...ive been relaxed transitioned and now natural..my day will come..i hope :) im wishing on a star..haha im silly...happy healthy growing ladies..

Babygurl

Ive always wondered about the selection process...then it started not to matter so much to me anymore. There are many I can think of that truly deserve it but have never gotten it...so Ive come to realize that just because you've never been FOTM doesnt mean u dont have beautiful hair!

bravenewgirl87

I'm not sure if I would ever qualify. I love long hair on other women, but not neccessarily on myself. My hair will always be a strong healthy Shoulder-lengh, maybe APL if I could put the scissors down. Anything longer than that is asking for trouble.

XXXtacy

BrooklynSouth said:
I doubt it.
Ditto, ditto, ditto:confused: . I am puzzled by the selection process also. I give Rachique F.O.M. her props for having a lovely head of hair in her thumbnail but I cannot find any other photos and I'd like to see more, where are they?

ITA. :look:

curlyj

i would love to represent for the fine hair lovely's on this board...for those who experience horrible stylist CHOPS...for those who exp.'d color damage...for those who just felt that'll never be ME!

i'm here to say "OH HELL YES" it can. Even if not chosen...everytime we meet a personal new goal(no matter how small) we are being featured. Just take a look at some of the fotki's...

Attachments

• 175847450501_0_0.jpg
    175847450501_0_0.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 175847899013_0_0.jpg
    175847899013_0_0.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 175396602373_0_0.jpg
    175396602373_0_0.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 174445253893_0_0.jpg
    174445253893_0_0.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 142359590661_290vi-th.jpg
    142359590661_290vi-th.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 108

pistachio

I heard that you could nominate yourself to be FOTM. Maybe they don't do it like that anymore, IDK...

But IMO, I see so many women on the board with such nice hair anyways, FOTM or not!!

texasgrl

I am claiming it. I dont know how they are picked and I dont care. I have been trimming damaged hair off like crazy and I just spent 80 dollars at Aveda so its on!!!