Okay . . . I'm a little scared . . .

lisatamika

Okay . . . I\'m a little scared . . .

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I haven't been getting LITTLE to NO BREAKAGE when washing or just combing my hair. Lately when I comb or wash, I see more hair in the comb than usual. They're not short pieces of hair but long ones that look like they are the entire length of my hair.

I haven't changed my routine at all the only thing I did do was put highlights in my hair. Before I did that, I tried to "prep" my hair as much as possible (or so I thought) by extra conditioning and moisturizing.

I wore it straight recently and it looks fine and it feels fine but I'm kinda worried about the extra hair I've been seeing. Usually, depending on what I think my hair needs at the time I wash (2x a week or more), condition and spray with Infusium 23 leave-in mixed with Wonder8 oil and smooth and moisturize with either Elasta QP Mango Butter, Protectiv Healthy Ends or both. At night I re-moisturize and tie down with a silk scarf. I wanted to try to be cute and wear my hair out one last time for Valentine's Day but now I'm even afraid to do that.

What should I do? Should I Surge? Should I Aphogee? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leejure

Re: Okay . . . I\'m a little scared . . .

Well you said ther eis no breakage right? What I am thinking is that you are shedding. So I would do a protein condition to stop the shedding (aphogee). this happens to me every few months. I do not get a lot of hair in the comb either, buyt when i do, I know it is time for a good protein conditioner.

-lee

inthepink

Good Point, Leejure. I have been getting excess shedding as well so it may be time for protein.

Mocha1111

It is ok for your hair to shed...not break...an average of 70 to 100 hairs a day. As long as I see whole strands, I'm not worried.

NAY007

Yes, I think you're shedding also. You said you haven't changed your routine and that you don't have breakage. It's normal to shed once or twice a year. I have that too. It's nothing to worry about. Just continue with your routine.

mermaid

is your hair relaxed? it could be from too many chemicals.. it happened to me way back in the last of my relaxer days, I dyed my hair blue black and then when I went in for my relaxer I didn't tell the girl it was in my hairm, but she stopped in the middle of rinsing out the relaxer and asked if I put anything in my hiar, because I was having whole length shedding as she was rinsing and I told I dyed it so she scolded me about doing stuff like that and not telling her so she could handle my hair differently.

Trinity1

I'm with the other girls on this. No amount of protein and deep conditioning can stop the normal shedding process. Its all part of the life cycle of your hair. As long as there is no breakage or more than 50-100 hairs shedding a day,you have no worries.

Tee Tee

lisatamika

thanks for the suggestion!! I did an Aphogee treatment over the weekend and now I'm back to normal!!!

lisatamika

[ QUOTE ]
Vanessa22 said:
What would you guys recommend for breakage? An Aphogee treatment?

[/ QUOTE ]

It worked for me!!!

Just make sure you buy the moisture balance (or whatever it's called to go with it). Follow the directions carefully. I also did a deep conditioning after that.

G

[ QUOTE ]
lisatamika said:
[ QUOTE ]
Vanessa22 said:
What would you guys recommend for breakage? An Aphogee treatment?

[/ QUOTE ]

Deep condition after Aphogee?????? I use to use Aphogee conditioner treatment, but once I started recently it made my hair so dry. I even followed up with the reconstructor.

What am I doing wrong?

It worked for me!!!

Just make sure you buy the moisture balance (or whatever it's called to go with it). Follow the directions carefully. I also did a deep conditioning after that.

[/ QUOTE ]